1st Trimester

Morning sickness at midnight

Is anyone else experiencing this? I only feel nauseous and need to puke at night. It's really cutting into my sleeping, and with the exhaustion that already comes with pregnancy, I'm at my wits end. Advice is most welcome

Re: Morning sickness at midnight

• Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to keep yourself from getting sick and "morning sickness" is a mislabeled symptom as it can come at any time of the day.
    I always drove around with a bucket in the car and an "oops" bag in my purse with toothbrush, paste, mints, stain stick in case something happened, and mouth wash. I was terrified I'd get sick at a super inconvenient time.
    I was also only really nauseaus at night and got sick twice, one at 11:30 at night and the other time was at 8 at night while riding in a car on an interstate. I was super glad to have my bucket and oops bag!
    Good luck and just try to plan ahead in case you get sick and can't make it to a proper receptacle in time.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I only feel nauseous and need to puke at night. It's really cutting into my sleeping, and with the exhaustion that already comes with pregnancy, I'm at my wits end. Advice is most welcome

• Since pregnant (I'm 12 weeks), I have not slept through the night. Often, I will wake up in the middle of the night with stomach discomfort. Last night, for example, my stomach felt very 'full' and I had to sleep on the couch because I couldn't get comfortable enough with an upset stomach.
    My OB told me that if I'm going multiple days with sleep deprivation, I could take a small doze of Benadryl to help me sleep.  She definitely said I shouldn't take it on a daily basis, but every so often is just fine.
    You might try that - it'll help you sleep through the night, and hopefully keep you from getting up multiple times with discomfort.