January 2016 Moms

PGAL Check in 9/29

Hi everyone. We haven't had a check in in a little while so I hope no one minds me starting one.

I am 25 weeks today and am feeling such strong kicks and wiggles that I know this little one is very strong. DS was born at 32w2d after I went into labor at 31w5d. So each week that passes gets me closer to that milestone and I just pray that between my weekly Makena injections and being monitored more closely this time I'll be able to carry this LO to term, at least 37 weeks and I'll be quite happy. Every day is a blessing and I'm trying to relax and enjoy being pregnant as this might be our last LO.

@Lemonpig1 I noticed that you mentioned in another thread that yesterday was your loss date so I just wanted to check in with you and to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know it must have been a very difficult day for you and I wanted to let you know we're here for you. I pray that you are able to find comfort and support in your family. Today you will be one day closer to holding your healthy rainbow baby in your arms!

Re: PGAL Check in 9/29

• You're so right about our 3rd trimester flying by with all of the holiday celebrations! It's going to be such a great time :D

@UptownPearl I'm glad you're settling into the second tri honeymoon phase! I'm loving pregnant body too, minus the aches and pains. Starting yoga today and really hoping that will help a bit.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am happy to hear that everyone is doing so well! I am sorry I have not been as active; between over full time work/school, three classes at the dance studio, two graduate level courses, birthing class, and focusing on being a great wife and dog mom has been draining. 

@MrsB915 I will send positive vibes that you carry full term. Some of my very good friends had a baby at 34 weeks last time and this time, just recently, carried until 39. I just know it can happen for you as well!

@UptownPearl I am happy to read your positive outlook and love for pregnancy! This makes me incredibly happy. 

@Lemonpig1 I did not realize that your last loss was so late. I am sorry to hear this. I am so grateful for all of your love and positive energy on the boards as well as your support. Please know I am always sending you positive vibes. Hopefully as we leave this date behind you are able to enjoy this time more. 

I have been feeling really well now at 25w3d. I can't believe we have reached the 50-70% viability phase; it brings me great joy understanding the statistics. I love being pregnant, the bond between my husband and I, the things I am learning each day, and seeing where the baby must be based on my ever growing belly. I do still get quite nervous going into appointments until I hear the heartbeat. I also have been a little skeptical about what I feel as movement (is that movement? is it hunger or gas bubbles?) and the frequency is not as much as I would like. I just have to work on keeping the anxiety about that at bay. 

• Hi ladies! I'm so grateful for this ongoing check in:). I'll be 24w on Thursday, and am also loving being visibly pregnant and feeling more and more pregnant, if that makes sense. The first probably 15 or more weeks, I was so up and down between wanting to be excited but feeling afraid to bond and accept this baby, as a defense mechanism probably. I feel safe now, even though there's still so much unknown as a FTM...but that feeling of being ok is so wonderful. I've also been shocked that June 2016 moms are already getting BFPs! I think waiting to bond with this baby has a lot to do with that sense of time flying by now...! That said, the pregnancy that I lost earlier this year was due Oct 11, so that has been on my mind for sure. It will be a bittersweet day. Anyway, love and hugs to all of you!
  • @jem8407 I didn't know that we're due the same day!!!

@juneandboo I'll be thinking of you on October 11. Those of us who got pregnant again before our previous due dates are very lucky, even though it's always bittersweet. 
  • Hi ladies so happy to see everyone here and doing well. @Lemonpig1 I'm sending you all my love, and a huge party for being past your loss milestone!!

At 23w 5d I'm finally starting to feel a bit better, the contractions are never regular anymore and now at least we have a fighting chance if labor starts so I'm focusing on that and all of our little girl's kicks. She's a night owl, but as long as she's moving I'm happy!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• cyanopecyanope member
    edited September 2015
    I haven't done a PGAL check in for so long. So glad to hear that you ladies are doing well!

I'm 25 weeks tomorrow, and in the last four weeks or so, I am finally feeling confident in the viability of this pregnancy. The daily anxiety has lessened, and the excitement is increasing! I think the fact that I always feel my little girl wiggling and kicking has really added to the anticipation and confidence.

Good luck, ladies. We're getting closer!! 

Edit: Grammar
  • Everyone has really lifted my spirits with this thread  :)@designer303 I'm especially happy that you're doing so well and some of the scary stuff you've had to deal with is easing up. That must feel great. 
  • @Lemonpig1 that is so crazy! Yay! I am praying for her to come out healthy on December 31st...you know since I have already paid my deductible (stupid d&c). I totally feel the blessing of being pregnant when I passed this milestone!

@designer303 are you in Denver by chance?
  • @jem8407 no why do you ask. I'm in Philadelphia.

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• I'm so happy to see that you're all doing so well! @Lemonpig1 , passing your milestone is such a big deal as well as an emotional rollercoaster. I'm glad you're on the other side now.
    I'm 26 weeks today. I had my 1 hour GD test today but won't know if I "failed" until next week. Fingers crossed! Over the last week my little man has been much more active and packing a bit more of a punch. I love every minute of it.
    It gives me the warm and fuzzies to hear that everyone is feeling more secure. I still have my moments, but they are much less frequent now. So good to hear from you ladies!
  • Hi everyone. So happy to still be here and pregnant. Having a bonus ultrasound on Friday. They need to check my placenta previa. Otherwise, baby is doing well. I'm glad to hear you all are hanging in there. Can't wait to hold our rainbows.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Im really glad to hear everyone is doing well, and starting to relax now that most of us have reached, or will soon reach, viability!
    As you've probably guessed from a thread I started, I'm starting to think more about getting the nursery organised-something Ive been a bit scared to do! Im officially on my first day of annual leave holidays (back to work in two weeks though!). My hubby and I are travelling interstate tomorrow to catch up with my family, and then a week later travelling to another state to catch up with his! Im pretty excited to go home and show off my bump to all our loved ones. Looking forward to buying some big ticket items, and also attending my baby shower that some friends told me this week that they are planning. I feel like Im slowly getting to enjoy that expectation of what we all imagined pregancy would be like (you know, beautiful bellies, glowing skin, baby showers, fun planning and shopping all thing baby with that blissfully naive expectancy), rather than how pregnancy has actually been up till now (worried about m/c, hormones, morning sickness, worry. Worry. More worry!).
  • @designer303 I ask because 303 is the Denver area code. I live in the mountains of Colorado but I thought it was exciting we may have been closer geographically :)
  • designer303designer303 member
    edited October 2015
    Awe no super far away, it was the street number of my first apartment in the city.

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• HipshakerHipshaker member
    edited October 2015
    I'm 26+3 and I could'nt be more happy. It's a boy I've picked a name I've bought clothes and I can't wait to meet him. All the uncertainty and long days seam to be behind me and time is starting fly by! We are almost at the finish line! At my last Doppler I didn't even flinch. I know there's stil 13 weeks ahead. But, I can help but smile.