April 2016 Moms

Does anyone feel cold sometimes?

Hi I'm on my 11 wks now but sometimes i feel cold like I'm going to have a fever

Re: Does anyone feel cold sometimes?

• I get chills a lot. The worst part about it for me is my nipples are super sensitive on top of it, and when I get cold the hurt like hell until they "thaw out" as my fiancé so eloquently put it...
  • Loading the player...
  • There's a super sweet symptoms post pinned to the top of the forum ever so conveniently. Symptom questions are generally best directed there.
  • I'm actually always cold, which isn't normal for me (my husband used to call me his "Little Slovak Oven").  I was the same way with my first.  I asked the doctor once about it, and she basically just brushed it off as nothing.  She said that people just react to the hormones differently.  Some women get crazy hot flashes...I got crazy cold all the time.
  • I keep getting temperatures and I feel cold all the time. I can't take paracetamol as it hurts my stomach I asked my gp if there was anything else I can take and they said no there's nothing else I can take. :(
  • I. Am. Cold. All. The. Time. 
    It's awful... I live in AZ and am currently wearing a sweater in my office - and I'm still freezing! Had to throw an extra blanket on the bed... broke out my fuzzy slippers early this year (WAYYYYY early). No fever or anything, but I'm right there with you on the cold thing. Just figured it was a part of being pregnant... never really thought it was a cause for concern.
  • Same here. Everyone else is having a heat stroke and I'm freezing!
  • I am always cold! Since I have been pregnant, I feel like I am frozen! In the grocery store today I literally almost had to walk out before buying my groceries because I was shivering so badly.
  • gina4994462gina4994462 member
    edited September 2015
    I too feel unusually cold all day long and bundle up in fleeces, BUT during the night I wake up sweating a lot. I seem to be very hot at night. They say it's just the hormones causing all this craziness. I wonder if it relates to our body weight, age, metabolism or diet, the baby's gender or something else.
  • Yes! I am cold all the time! And I usually run hot and keep my house pretty chilly. Now I have the house super warm and my husband is dealing with it like a champ. Hahaha it's so weird!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am pretty much always cold as well, pregnant or not. But it seems to have gotten worse since I got knocked up. It bugs H when I am driving because I never use the AC and he gets hot.
  • I get cold flashes. I load up on the blankets and the I wake up sweaty. Not a pleasant feeling. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm usually hot most of the time but ever since I got my BFP I'm freezing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• It's definitely hormones and totally normal. Wait until after you give birth! I remember some nights, getting up to feed DD, and sitting there shaking. I had to bundle myself up in blankets even though the house was kept warmer than normal for the baby.

I was cold even at my biggest while pregnant last time.
  • Sometimes I feel cold. Really?? It's because you are human not b/c you are pregnant. Seriously not a question or topic.
  • All the time! With DS and now this time around as well.
  • thank you everyone I was so worried last time because I know it's not a normal symptom for pregnancy, I had a miscarriage last June so sometimes I panic with every symptoms I feel. I ask my friends about the feeling cold thing and they said they didnt feel cold when they were pregnant. My appointment will be on the next two weeks so I cant stop myself from worrying
  • With my first pregnancy (which I sadly had to terminate) I was cold all the time. Which is highly unusual for me as I am the type that never freezes. I wear a plain leather jacket in -10 Celsius degrees in Denmark and feel perfectly fine. So that was actually the symptom that made me notice something was up.
    This pregnancy is the other way around. I feel so hot all the time like I have a fever and it's so uncomfortable.