February 2016 Moms

UO

Re: UO

• ashcody2 said:
    My UO: I don't really like the "hipster" style for men - however, that is exactly how I dress my son, I think it's cute on little boys but not full grown men. Beards are OK (my husband would look ridic. with one though) and the man bun, no thank you!
    man bun causes premature balding!
    I sat behind a man bun at a meeting on Tuesday. Yuck.
  • dtaded13 said:

Also I don't like a lot of boy clothes options, why is it all sports or mustaches? I'm struggling getting clothes for this baby

Yes! When shopping for DD, I have trouble narrowing down which outfit to get. This is a boy, and looking at clothes for him all i see is ugly, ugly,ugly....well I guess this is the least ugly. Lol also, I hate toy shopping for my nephews. All those action figures and really boyish toys look like garbage to me.

• Loading the player...
  • Chipolte is great. I eat it at least once a week now but when I was in school, my husband and I used to eat it at least twice a week. 

I love non-chocolate candies more than chocolate.

I dress "femininely" but not 'girly' or frilly (think lots of dresses but not like flowery or ruffly stuff). I don't shy away from pink, even though it's definitely not my favorite wardrobe color ( i do better with green- fall shades due to my hair color and complexion). I plan to dress my daughter like I do; feminine but not overly girly. But I think it's weird to say "no pink" when it comes to girls' clothes. I think it's all about the balance. A pink ruffle or tutu is too much in my opinion, but a pink top that's not overly girly in terms of the cut, paired with jeans or something wouldn't scream "princess". Basically I dress my kids like how my husband and I (or how adults) dress. my boy's wardrobe is a combination of comfort and preppy. If it looks like something my husband wouldn't wear, I wouldn't put my son in it (hence no writings on clothes except his christmas sweatshirt that says "Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal!").  
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • @Achae @DrillSergeantCat @Jellybelly119 I'll have to check out baby gap and h&m, I admittedly haven't yet. I'm just not into the cute-sie baby boy clothing.
    And this is probably an UO, but I'm not a gigantic fan of all the baby jungle animal things out there. I LOVE animals, but I'm so sick of seeing everything monkey and elephant!
  • @Achae @DrillSergeantCat @Jellybelly119 I'll have to check out baby gap and h&m, I admittedly haven't yet. I'm just not into the cute-sie baby boy clothing. And this is probably an UO, but I'm not a gigantic fan of all the baby jungle animal things out there. I LOVE animals, but I'm so sick of seeing everything monkey and elephant!
    you shut your face. Monkeys are awesome.  :)  Just kidding, I know what you mean about baby jungle animal stuff. they really are everywhere and even though I love me some monkeys I am also not a fan of jungle animal themes for babies. 

In addition to gap and h&m which are awesome for boys clothes, I also have been buying a lot from zara baby (for when he is past the newborn phase). it may be worth a look online. 
    imageimage
  • @monkeybutt80 haha I ment no offense. I'll go look right now, thanks! :)
  • Whenever I hear people say "I dress my kid like I dress as an adult" I laugh to myself. My baby will wear the most ridiculously baby-ish stuff ever. Bring on rompers, overalls, and bonnets. Probably not everyday but I'll probably have one of those barftastic babies wearing tutu onesies (as long as it doesn't say princess or diva. I mean it's my kid so it's going to be sassy enough without the clothing telling adults how to treat it)

*Kate*

February 2016

• mcklough said:

Whenever I hear people say "I dress my kid like I dress as an adult" I laugh to myself. My baby will wear the most ridiculously baby-ish stuff ever. Bring on rompers, overalls, and bonnets. Probably not everyday but I'll probably have one of those barftastic babies wearing tutu onesies (as long as it doesn't say princess or diva. I mean it's my kid so it's going to be sassy enough without the clothing telling adults how to treat it)

And I think that's perfectly fine. Until the kid wants to dress himself/herself, I think there is no wrong way to dress your child. I just dress my 2 1/2 year old like how his dad dresses right now, but obviously he was wearing a lot of footed pjs and onesies when he was a baby and my husband definitely doesn't wear onesies or footed pjs. I had a good run until now, but my toddler just realized during our last trip to old navy last weekend that there are such things as cartoon character t shirts, so I may slowly be losing my control over how he dresses. 

imageimage
  • mcklough said:

Whenever I hear people say "I dress my kid like I dress as an adult" I laugh to myself. My baby will wear the most ridiculously baby-ish stuff ever. Bring on rompers, overalls, and bonnets. Probably not everyday but I'll probably have one of those barftastic babies wearing tutu onesies (as long as it doesn't say princess or diva. I mean it's my kid so it's going to be sassy enough without the clothing telling adults how to treat it)

OMG BONNETS. I bought like 5 for my daughter, I was sad that none went above 12 months! Bring back the bonnet craze haha.
  • mcklough said:

And I think that's perfectly fine. Until the kid wants to dress himself/herself, I think there is no wrong way to dress your child. I just dress my 2 1/2 year old like how his dad dresses right now, but obviously he was wearing a lot of footed pjs and onesies when he was a baby and my husband definitely doesn't wear onesies or footed pjs. I had a good run until now, but my toddler just realized during our last trip to old navy last weekend that there are such things as cartoon character t shirts, so I may slowly be losing my control over how he dresses. 

oh for sure. My mom started letting me pick out my clothes at the store when I was 18 months and she said all I picked was black, white and hot pink. I guess when I hear baby I still think under the age of 1. And I didn't mean to single you out with my wording it was the sentiment that most people were agreeing on that I thought you articulated well.

*Kate*

February 2016

• I tried Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte yesterday, and it was gross.
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • Diet sodas are disgusting.
    I am the only person I know who hates them.  So nasty.

My bff hates them. Every time she comes over and sees h drinking it she lists off all the reasons he's going to get cancer from them
    I'm sure I get side eyed the shit out of when it comes to food choices - a friend described me as the real life Giada - don't trust that skinny bitch..

I personally just don't like the aftertaste from the alternative sweeteners...and I can tell the difference between regular sugar and splenda, truvia, stevia, and whatever else there is out there. Just ick.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Achae said:

mcklough said:

OMG BONNETS. I bought like 5 for my daughter, I was sad that none went above 12 months! Bring back the bonnet craze haha.

I guess my UO is I hate bonnets. MIL would put them on DD whenever she watched her and they looked ridiculous because they didn't even match her outfit. I'm ok with them if they go with the outfit or special occasion like baptism. Plus DD is super fair, white hair, and has a large head. So bonnets a) didn't block sun and b) always looked to small
  • Tangled is superior to Frozen in every way. Better plot, funnier, cuter sidekick, more like able characters, cuter, better music... Yeah. I don't get the Frozen craze.
    Yes! I seriously let down by Frozen with the hype of it.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Yep, Frozen was a bit lost on me. Not a fan. I think it was all the lame songs. Have you seen any of Hayao Miyazaki's animated films? Those are where it's at.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• H and I are probably the only people in the world who have never seen Frozen *gasp*
  • @mamacastro - me and DH have not seen it either. Lol!

• Last year I saw a post on FB (I think), that said "Halloween drinking game!" And it said anytime you see someone dressed as Elsa take a drink. I imagine who ever played that would be pretty drunk by the end of the night. Lol

We counted over 25 last year!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Last year I saw a post on FB (I think), that said "Halloween drinking game!" And it said anytime you see someone dressed as Elsa take a drink. I imagine who ever played that would be pretty drunk by the end of the night. Lol

I couldn't believe we only had one Elsa come to the house last year. And we had a TON of trick or treaters. I even ran out of candy and had to shut the front porch light off. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
    I did one of these, but instead of drinking it was do 5 burpees for every Elsa. I had to stop at like the 5th one to come to the door, I was so tired!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • We went to Sea World's Spooktacular last year and every other girl was Elsa. We saw a lot of pirate boys too. I told myself my son will never be so mainstream. When I asked him what he wanted his costume to be this year he told me: Pirate. And so here I am eating my words with a pirate costume in the closet waiting for him.

• VitaLuna said:

I personally don't like all the "princess" type projections in little girls' clothing for my DD, and I avoid a lot of outfits like that. DD still has some pink, though, some ruffle butt infant clothes, etc.

My UO is that I think people who get all vocal and up in arms about "my DD will NEVER wear clothes like that", "I HATE pink for girls", "I hate that girl clothes are pink/frilly", "I will never let my LO wear pink", etc really do no one, including their children, any favors. It just borders back into judging the parents or kids that DO like that kind of stuff. What if your DD loves that? What of another parent loves it?

Why can't kids just be kids without people judging what they're wearing. Who cares?

They will have PLENTY of judgment in their adult and young adult years. It doesn't need to start now.

I hate over dressing girls in pink. I'm very coal about asking for my limitations with kids, but I don't think badly on parents that do. I don't like having to look at it all the time personally. I also don't like how hard it is to find clothes that aren't princess or girly. Today at target I saw a onsie (pink of course) with a tutu attached that said "already waiting on Prince Charming" I don't like that, some parents may and that's okay, but personally I'm not up for that and I want my family to know that we Kindly ask the same of them. I try to always make sure others know like it's okay if you want to, but please don't talk to me that way or get my daughter those things. We have a ton of hand me down pinks and already feel overwhelmed. It's crazy if you ask me! (I mean society's decision that girl = pink tutu frilly princesses) The baby can't see the colors, I can!

I get what you are saying but the truth is no matter how you try to dress your daughter as an infant she may have different opinions when she becomes a toddler. Lots of little girls love princesses, and they love pink regardless of how you raise them. My daughter gravitates to pink and purple everything, and she always wants to wear dresses in the summer. I don't even think she has watched a princess movie yet but she's all about princesses. If she gravitated towards blue and was a tomboy I wouldn't stop her either, but I'm just just saying you don't have to put her in frill or ruffles, but there may be a day when she wants to put herself in them and it really isn't that bad.

Oh no I just mean during the infant stages. Once my child is able to see and let me know what they want, it's all up to them. You want to wear a neon green shirt with some pink pants? Do it. I just mean as infants when the parents are making the decisions.
  • Chipolte is great. I eat it at least once a week now but when I was in school, my husband and I used to eat it at least twice a week. 

I love non-chocolate candies more than chocolate.

I dress "femininely" but not 'girly' or frilly (think lots of dresses but not like flowery or ruffly stuff). I don't shy away from pink, even though it's definitely not my favorite wardrobe color ( i do better with green- fall shades due to my hair color and complexion). I plan to dress my daughter like I do; feminine but not overly girly. But I think it's weird to say "no pink" when it comes to girls' clothes. I think it's all about the balance. A pink ruffle or tutu is too much in my opinion, but a pink top that's not overly girly in terms of the cut, paired with jeans or something wouldn't scream "princess". Basically I dress my kids like how my husband and I (or how adults) dress. my boy's wardrobe is a combination of comfort and preppy. If it looks like something my husband wouldn't wear, I wouldn't put my son in it (hence no writings on clothes except his christmas sweatshirt that says "Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal!").  
    That's why I said over dressing, we were given a TON of pink clothes already, that's all my cousin had for her daughter, which we are grateful for of course beCause it's free and we aren't assholes like that, but I won't lie, my cousin made me a little sick with the pink every day, every shirt needs a matching tutu, etc.
    Before I started this job I dressed pretty similar to how you described your style (now I walk dogs and dress like a hobo so I don't ruin my clothes) and that type of thing is what we are aiming for. (Not the hobo thing, the style like you described) I won't lie though, if I have to see pink more than like 3 times a week I may throw up.

Also, that sounds like a cool Christmas sweater
  • kirkie928 said:

I tried Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte yesterday, and it was gross.

Their "real pumpkin" tastes like "real ass". It felt like I was drinking a candle or something. 100% agree.
  • ohbaby714 said:

VitaLuna said:

I personally don't like all the "princess" type projections in little girls' clothing for my DD, and I avoid a lot of outfits like that. DD still has some pink, though, some ruffle butt infant clothes, etc.

My UO is that I think people who get all vocal and up in arms about "my DD will NEVER wear clothes like that", "I HATE pink for girls", "I hate that girl clothes are pink/frilly", "I will never let my LO wear pink", etc really do no one, including their children, any favors. It just borders back into judging the parents or kids that DO like that kind of stuff. What if your DD loves that? What of another parent loves it?

Why can't kids just be kids without people judging what they're wearing. Who cares?

They will have PLENTY of judgment in their adult and young adult years. It doesn't need to start now.

I hate over dressing girls in pink. I'm very coal about asking for my limitations with kids, but I don't think badly on parents that do. I don't like having to look at it all the time personally. I also don't like how hard it is to find clothes that aren't princess or girly. Today at target I saw a onsie (pink of course) with a tutu attached that said "already waiting on Prince Charming" I don't like that, some parents may and that's okay, but personally I'm not up for that and I want my family to know that we Kindly ask the same of them. I try to always make sure others know like it's okay if you want to, but please don't talk to me that way or get my daughter those things. We have a ton of hand me down pinks and already feel overwhelmed. It's crazy if you ask me! (I mean society's decision that girl = pink tutu frilly princesses) The baby can't see the colors, I can!
    DD has a onesie that says "I don't need a Prince, I have daddy". So cute and her dad is a big fan haha!
    I love that and I want it! My husband was so over the moon when we found out it was a girl, he always tried to act cool but I heard him giggling, well man giggling, to his friends the other day. Of course, with the pregnancy hormones it made me cry because it was so cute.

Over 25!! Holy cow. We only had 6 trick or treaters total. Joys of living in the country I guess. I love to see the kids in their costumes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My UO is people who thinks its okay to chalk everything up to pregnancy hormones. I got really hurt today and could barely make the drive home, and I can barely walk and scream in pain at the slightest pressure on my leg, so my husband decided to tell me it's just the hormones and hat he won't drive me to the doctors. He's dead serious too. I'm so irritated.
    Why does everyone think everything is caused by hormones?
    Not trying to super bash him but this is a good example of the stupid things people say the hormones cause.

I worked seasonal at party city last year and people were insane over Elsa costumes! It was scary.

kirkie928 said:

Their "real pumpkin" tastes like "real ass". It felt like I was drinking a candle or something. 100% agree.
    Yes! I want the fake pumpkin back
  • kirkie928 said:

I've had one of each. Preferred the new recipe over the syrups. It was creamier and less sweet which I was good with.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • kirkie928 said:

Damn FoodBabe and her fear-mongering, anti-science, ignorant BS.
    You should here my dad go off about FoodBabe. He's a science teacher with two separate masters degrees in biology and can't stand how she twists the facts
  • Y'all shut the front door about Frozen! I'm a total fan girl. I can only imagine how obsessed I would be if it came out when I was 5.

My UO is that I'm just not a fan of Halloween. I hAvent dressed up for Halloween since I was dragged to a college party my freshman year. I got the stupidest costume and wore it like 3 years in a row so I wouldn't have to buy a new one, and then last year I was so excited to pass out candy at our new house and I had ONE trick or treater all night. Pure disappointment. This was me:
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker