Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTF Wednesday

I can't believe there isn't one started already, but.......

WTF to the upcoming weather on the East Coast, particularly in the VA and surrounding areas.   We had plans, its our wedding anniversary coming up and the weather last weekend and this weekend is affecting our plans, both fun and yard work related so we can have fun. WTF......And my co workers acting like crazy people.  Its going to rain people.  It's going to be a pretty significant amount of rain.  But we are NOT getting an actual hurricane here.  No need to get milk and bread and put gas in your car.  At least from what I've seen anyways on the weather.  They are seriously watching the weather as I type this and one of them is a drama queen that gets everybody else worked up......this week can't end soon enough so I can go hole up in my house with a 6 pack and my milk and bread!! Which the milk will go bad anyways if we lose power, so why do people buy that??

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited September 2015
    WTF to my brain. I normally don't get BSC during the TTW but I officially am now. I want to test, I've been looking at baby stuff off and on all day, wtf. Someone slap me and calm my crazy self down please.  It doesn't help that I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday.

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    WTF to:

1. My boobs. Being tender is one thing. Random shooting pains through both of of them is not cool. Not cool at all.

2. H's work schedule the last two days. Normally he has to leave the houe by 5am. The last two days, guess what time he had to leave? 2:30. In order to be at the job site by 4:00. TWO THIRTY IN THE MORNING. What in the actual fack. He works construction, so they sometimes have to come in early or stay late to be there when the materials come in, but 2:30 is just insane.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF to:

1. My boobs. Being tender is one thing. Random shooting pains through both of of them is not cool. Not cool at all.

2. H's work schedule the last two days. Normally he has to leave the houe by 5am. The last two days, guess what time he had to leave? 2:30. In order to be at the job site by 4:00. TWO THIRTY IN THE MORNING. What in the actual fack. He works construction, so they sometimes have to come in early or stay late to be there when the materials come in, but 2:30 is just insane.
    I feel ya on #2. My husband gets up for work at 3:30 to leave the house by 4am. Poor thing. I've learned to sleep through it though. :)

WTF to random solicitors calling my cell phone JUST NOW! I had to get a new phone number last year because some insane person started giving it out as their own number and I was constantly being harassed by collections agencies, who didn't believe me when I said I was not the person they were looking for! My phone's been pretty quiet since I got the new number, so I'm knocking on wood that this was just a fluke wrong number. ~X(  Gah!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mrsschmitymrsschmity member
    edited September 2015
    I feel ya on #2. My husband gets up for work at 3:30 to leave the house by 4am. Poor thing. I've learned to sleep through it though. :)

Some days I wish I could sleep through it! I'm such a light sleeper that I don't know if I could. Also, I may get flamed hardcore for this, but I'm super old fashioned when it comes to my marriage. So I get up with H every morning to make coffee, make sure he's got food for the day, etc. Especially with how early he gets up and his job - I'd rather he get as much sleep as possible in order to be fully functioning and safe on the job site.

*Edit for quote fail
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA yes WTF with the dreaming weather this weekend. I have a big 30th birthday planned on our brand new patio. And with the crazy weather it just doesn't work. Our house is not conducive to parties because of the layout. Not to mention ppl will bring kids and our house is not child proof (DH and I are in denial about that in terms of TTC haha). So now I have to look at getting a big tent. DH says to put up 2 small tents but that's horrible because the area between the tents starts dropping crazy during rain. Ugh! And I have out of town family coming for the party so postponing it isn't really much of an option. WTF!!

Also WTF with my BIL - who is a d-bag. My MIL is in the hospital. Turns out it's ovarian cancer which can be treated with surgery. But there may be more going on in her lungs. The Drs say they don't want to take out the ovaries until they know what's going on in her lungs. I understand that. Then they say they will do chemo first THEN do surgery. I don't understand why not just take out the ovaries first. So He was giving me an update over the phone and I was asking these questions - not because he knows the answer but as a question for the doctors - and he starts getting mad at me for questioning the doctors. I mean as a patient and family of the patient we have every right to question the decisions and want more explanation. WTF is he getting mad at me for! It's like "sorry I care about your mother" and also he saw her two weeks ago and failed to notice how bad the situation was. IT WAS ME who saw her on Sunday and realized it was a freaking emergency. So yea, "YOU'RE WELCOME FOR SAVING YOUR MOTHER, A***HOLE!"

But I need to calm my anger for DH's sake. It does no good for me to be angry at his brother when everyone is worried about MIL. Maybe I'm jaded too because my own mom died of cancer in 2013 and the whole situation is bringing flashbacks and triggering a lot of grief and pain. At the same time I feel I know a bit about questioning doctors and being an active participant in my mom's treatment to ensure the best course of action and to understand what's going on.
      Anniversary

• Options
    @BVBabyHopeful I'm really sorry to hear about your MIL. You are in my thoughts. Big internet hug
  • Options
    @BVBabyHopeful- Ugh!!! Cancer is such an evil, evil thing......and dr's with all of their various opinions don't help!! And having other family members involved doesn't help either.  That stinks!!  I'm sorry!! Cancer sucks big hairy monkey balls.....big hairy monkey balls.  Big hugs to you!!
  • Options
    @mrsschmity- You are just being a good wife and I'm sure DH appreciates it!! I don't know that I could get up with him though, that's rough.  Do you have a coffee maker that has a timer?  I make our lunches for both DH and I on Sunday usually for the week.  Sometimes there are things that require assembly the night before or when I get up in the morning.  Have you tried to get things set up for him at night before you go to bed so you don't have to feel like you have to get up with him?? I make egg sandwiches on english muffins for my DH for his "late" days and he gets a lunch that day too.  Just a thought to try to save you some sleep!! 
  • Options
    Some days I wish I could sleep through it! I'm such a light sleeper that I don't know if I could. Also, I may get flamed hardcore for this, but I'm super old fashioned when it comes to my marriage. So I get up with H every morning to make coffee, make sure he's got food for the day, etc. Especially with how early he gets up and his job - I'd rather he get as much sleep as possible in order to be fully functioning and safe on the job site.
    I think that's super sweet of you! If I didn't also work full time, I would probably get up with him and drive him to the train, but alas, the area where we live is not cheap, and I have to work, too. P.S. I'm obviously being a super good employee this morning, and not giving 90% of my attention to thebump today...  :-\"

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    WTF DS who has decided that he doesn't need to sleep any more. A couple days of 5 am wake ups followed by a couple of days of 4:30 then this morning 3:30 am and I'm up rocking him and he was wide awake. DH and I traded off every hour. Temping accurately is basically impossible under these circumstances. I recorded a 0.5 degree spike today which I know is just because my night was so wonky. Grrr
  • Options
    @BVBabyHopeful sorry about you MIL. Eff cancer!

Just as a point of reference, my mom had breast cancer and they did chemo first before chopping off the boobs. This helped to make sure it didn't spread to where they couldn't see in plain eyesight when survey came and helped reduced the amount of stuff they needed to scrape out.

And to my WTF..

To my coworker who continues to loudly talk to her online men matches over the phone.
    A) ew.
    B) when someone has a 1 month old and are online dating, they are not dating potential.
    C) just because your door is somewhat closed, I can still hear your personal conversations. And they disgust me.
    D) stop farting.
    Basically, this meme sums her up.
  • Options
    KOR1219 said:

To my coworker who continues to loudly talk to her online men matches over the phone.
    A) ew.
    B) when someone has a 1 month old and are online dating, they are not dating potential.
    C) just because your door is somewhat closed, I can still hear your personal conversations. And they disgust me.
    D) stop farting.

I work in an environment with no doors and the woman who is literally right behind my back got in trouble for spending the whole day talking to guys on an online hook up site. She thought no one would know since it was a site in another language. She didn't realize the IT person spoke the same language and reported her to our boss. Whoops. At least she didn't talk out loud, that would be mortifying!
  • Options
    Thanks @jolydan and @MNturnsVA cancer is a b***ch. it was so rough to see my mom battle first breast cancer in her 40s and then 15 years later lung cancer (totally unrelated to the previous breast cancer). And the 10 she battled and lost to lung cancer were heart wrenching. And I do feel it's too soon to fully immerse myself into my MIL's situation.

And there's a long history of anger and resentment between us and BIL so that doesn't help.

But my priority is being therefor DH.

@KOR1219 thanks for sharing your experience. Hearing it explained that way does make sense. I just felt like "ok get them out before it spreads!" Especially when they're talking about not starting any chemo till next week. I think it is mostly from the recent panic and pain of losing my mom. My entire system is panicking at the thought of going through the pain all over again.

I'm just going to wait until we get a chance to talk to the medical team directly. They at least let me ask all the questions and explain their reasoning without getting nasty about it.
      Anniversary

• Options
    lm45678lm45678 member
    edited September 2015
    WTF to my husband going to Vegas for 4 nights while I stay home to clean/do homework/ watch the dog.

I'm not mad I'm just SO jealous!!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    @laurenm2123- why can't you go with him??
  • Options
    mrsschmity you're a good wife. No flame here!
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    MNturnsVA said:

@laurenm2123- why can't you go with him??

Yearly boys trip! My best friend's BF is going too so she will probably come out from the city for some girl time which will be nice. The boys have made it clear this trip is NOT to include girls!

DH wants to go just us, I'm much mor focused on getting KTFU :-bd
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Mr0616Mr0616 member
    edited September 2015
    WTF. Just got a call from my mom that they have to put our family cat of 17 years down right now. My mom is 3.5 hours away and I can't be with her for this. Insert all the tears. I hate not living close to her anymore.
  • Options
    @KOR1219- oh no......I'm sorry!!!  That's terrible.....I hate being so far away from my family too.  My closest family member is 2 hours with out traffic from me.  If there is traffic or depending on when you are traveling, easily more.  Can you go visit this weekend? I'm so sorry.....
  • Options
    Thanks @MNturnsVA :) Great suggestions! Both of us work full time so I feel like there is never enough sleep. We do have a timer on the coffee maker...it's just a matter of whether or not one of us remembers to set it the night before lol Super easy solution for that one. I need to get better at food prep too so I can have some quick meals that I can just throw in there. 

Most of the time I make enough dinner the night before for leftovers, so that's easy to throw in his lunchbox. I think part of why I do it too is because we have such early mornings and evenings that it's an extra half hour with him, even if it's just helping him get out the door.

• Options
    mrsschmity you're a good wife. No flame here!

Thank ya ma'am! :\">
  • Options
    @KOR1219 I'm so sorry to hear that! What a horrible call! May you find comfort in knowing what a long and happy life you kitty had with you. Big hugs to you.
      Anniversary

• Options
    @mrsschmity- I totally understand that.  M, T, and F my DH and I work a similar schedule, although I get up much earlier than he does because of locations of our jobs and travel time, etc.  On Wed and Thurs however, he works from 10 am - 7 pm? Sometimes on Tues and Wed nights he'll stay down stairs while I go up to bed because he has to fall asleep with the TV on.  I've grown to tolerate and deal with the TV situation, but sometimes its nice for me to go to sleep with out it on.  But I miss him sometimes if that happens a lot.  Also, we "inhiereted" a king size bed when we moved into our new house and we've been sleeping in a queen for the last 6 years.  So that has created some "space" between us too.  As much as I love the king size bed, I miss the queen sometimes too.  We used to snuggle alot more than we do now  :)

• Options
    WTF to:

I am totally with you on this one!! My DH works in construction, too. When he was a superintendent, he used to have to go open the job site up SUPER early. Now he is an engineer so works more in the office, but he's also working a side job on one of their sites where he has to leave the house at 4 am. ON THE WEEKENDS. I pray every time he starts his big ol' loud truck that he doesn't wake DD up that early when he leaves....

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @KOR1219 - I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Sending hugs!!  >:D<

WTF to the crazy amount of emails/work I still need to do today. I swear, I think my brain stopped working 2 hours ago... I've been on the phone all day with a different meeting topic each 30 minutes; I started to talk comment on a project only to realize we were meeting for something completely different. My brain has completely checked out for the day and I still have so many emails to get through (:|

Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options
    mrsschmity You're just being an awesome wife!  Taking care of eachother is such an important part of marriage.  FWIW H like its when I cook him dinner- it makes him feel loved and appreciated. So I make us a good dinner at least 5 nights a week. I think its just as weird to avoid traditional gender roles for the sake of it as it is to follow them because of it. 
  • Options
    WTF. How is it almost 4 pm already? I have so much work to do and not enough time to do it. My brother is getting married on Saturday, so I have to take Friday off to go to pre-wedding festivities and help out with stuff. I love weddings, but I hate all the pre-wedding crap associated with being part of one. Maybe that's a UO, though. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsschmity no flame here. it makes me think of my mom waking up to help my dad and us kids get ready for the day. DH does this for me every once in awhile and it always brightens my day.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA I feel like you're describing my life with the tv thing! Every now and then H will fall asleep super early on the couch watching tv if he's really tired. I learned a long time ago not to try and force wake him up to have him come to bed, because he gets cranky when you wake him out of a dead sleep lol So on those nights I just let him be and he eventually comes to bed. If it happens too often I'll make a comment and he makes it a point to go to bed before he falls asleep on the couch :) If there's too much space in that big 'ol king bed of yours and you need some snuggles, just scoot up close to H and push your butt into him. That's what I do and it seems to do the trick ;)

@kcooper1986 story of my freakin' life. Seriously. My H works side jobs every couple of weeks, sometimes weekends. I love his work ethic, I just wish it didn't interfere with our sleep goals :)
  • Options
    mrsschmity You're just being an awesome wife!  Taking care of eachother is such an important part of marriage.  FWIW H like its when I cook him dinner- it makes him feel loved and appreciated. So I make us a good dinner at least 5 nights a week. I think its just as weird to avoid traditional gender roles for the sake of it as it is to follow them because of it. 
    @housewifehobbyist This! A million times.  I see a lot of women who consider themselves hardcore feminists just for the sake of avoiding traditional gender roles/for the sake of calling themselves feminists. If that's your thing, awesome. Nothing wrong with that and I won't judge you for it. IMO though, what's wrong with traditional gender roles? At the end of the day I think it comes down to respect. H respects me, I respect him. He appreciates the effort I put in to make his days a bit easier, and vice versa. If he didn't respect me or appreciate it, I wouldn't be doing it.
  • Options
    WTF to the cashier at the grocery store who refused to sell me champagne because my DH had my ID. I'm 27, was also buying Febreeze, was wearing my office work clothes, and have a wedding ring. How many under 21s do that? That would be a LOT of effort just to get a $7 bottle of mimosa-maker. Now I look like the stupid teenager who got busted trying to buy alcohol... and I have to go back out for champagne later so that we can have mimosas at our tailgate! Assuming Harrisonburg doesn't flood before the game...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF is up with an audio system that only plays CDs and can't play from a computer or phone?! it's 2 thousand freaking 15!
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    crownedjcrownedj member
    edited October 2015
    WTF to my period. I don't want to see you again for like a year. 

WTF to the people who come into my job asking questions that I have already answered. Then they walk off as I'm yet again answering their question. Then they come back and ask the question again.

Me: 27 | DH: 26
    Married: 05/22/2015
    TTC #1: 04/2015

• Options
    WTF to my body right now. CD 31 DPO 14 and no AF and a BFN. Um... pick one so I can make plans either way. Thank. You.

Me: 30
    Hubs: 31
    Married: 05/04/2013
    BFP#1: Natural Loss; 8/12/14
    BFP#2: D&C 3/7/15

Chart Stalk: