February 2016 Moms
Options

NErvous

had my 20 wk ultrasound Tuesday. it's a boy yayyy.. I just recieved an email stating that midwife would like to discuss ultrasound results. :-S this makes me nervous. This is my 6th baby and never had anything like this. Should I worry ?

Re: NErvous

• Options
    Don't stress yourself out until you go in. It's normal for them to discuss all of the results with you anyways.

At the hospital where I go we will discuss them immediately following the scan. I've heard some people go to a diff location so their midwife or Doctor get the results and then call you for your next appt.

Honestly: there are a few minor things that could be seen, some more serious fixable things and then of course some serious things. On dd's scan they saw a white spot on her heart, I worried for a week and then when we went in it was nothing!!!

BUT do not Google anything and just relax... It's the norm to talk about everything they see!!!!!

I hope that helps.
    Relax and enjoy your weekend
  • Options
    Agreed with @wisco29 , don't fret for now, ultrasounds always get discussed after (mine is almost 2 weeks after the scan). It could be something as simple as, "Congrats, its a boy!" and "Looks like he's in this position, no worries, there is time for him to be head down!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't worry for now. And DON'T GOOGLE!!! You will overwhelm yourself unnecessarily. As PPs said, it can be a number of things. Stay calm... And please keep us updated!
  • Options
    I too have to wait for results from my midwife when I go for scan. She's always assured me that if there is something seriously wrong I'll get a phone call that very day. Email is far less urgent and/or standard for me.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    I agree with PP. I had to wait about a week after my scan to hear results, really. My regular 20 week appointment and the A/S were at two different locations, and couldn't coordinate to get them scheduled the same day.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Try not to stress, fx that everything is okay! I also was told the OB would like to discuss results that's why they set appts until after the ultrasound. Everything was good!

• Options
    ShatzegirlShatzegirl member
    edited September 2015
    I have my scan on Monday and go in on October 7th to discuss the results. I think it's pretty standard to have an appointment afterward. Try not to stress (easier said than done, I know) and have a good weekend! Congrats on your baby boy!

Edit: changed scab to scan lol!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have my A/S on Tuesday at 2:15 and then my Dr's appointment at 2:45 so I'm hoping they discuss the scan with me then. I don't want to have to wait to discuss it and be nervous and scared. Lol
  • Options
    I go on Monday for our AS and our next appointment isn't until the end of October when we will discuss the results. The midwife at my last appointment said no news is good news in the mean time. I'll probably be a nervous wreck anyway!
  • Options
    It could be anything, it could be nothing. No one will ever tell you that "yes, you should be worried" because being worried is stressful and stress is never good for baby. My anatomy scan said that baby was perfectly healthy but the umbilical cord only had two vessels instead of three. It may or may not affect development, in fact, most babies it doesn't. I could worry with that news, but since baby was developing fine, I choose not to. Let us know how it goes.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys. You are all so awesome.Just got a call from midwife. She says they couldn't see everything they wanted to see so I have to go for another ultrasound next week. N :\">
    Sorry, just saw your update. See? Good to hear!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey guys they are sending me for a level 2 ultra sound. I spoke to mid wife they said everything is fine they just want clearer pictures. They were faxing the script to wrong hospital and the receptionist faxed it to me. And it had ultra sound report with it. Everything was normal but says question prominent nuchal fold. I googled I know I shouldn't have but it says possible signs of Down syndrome I'm freaking out.
  • Options
    "level 2" ultrasounds are the norm here for all 20w anatomy scans. Also, I'm guessing if they had a big concern about the nuchal fold, they would've discussed it with you. It sounds like maybe they just didn't get the pictures they needed, and they're not convinced it's an issue. I know it can be hard waiting, so I hope you get your appt soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you @vitaluna I have my ultrasound Tuesday at 830 am.
  • Options
    Hope all levels look okay, perhaps it is just something they had to write down in the coding for insurance purposes?
  • Options
    It's said all looked normal but possible nuchal fold. I asked if I should worry they said no just needed clear pictures. Can't help but worry.