December 2015 Moms

Pregnancy brain is real

redfallonredfallon member
edited September 2015 in December 2015 Moms
I finished loading the dishwasher this morning. I put the detergent pack in the holder and shut it. I shut the door for the dishwasher.

This evening, I went to unload the dishwasher. The detergent door was still closed with the pack in it. It comes open during a wash. I never started the dishwasher this morning.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pregnancy brain is real

• Loading the player...
  • redfallon said:
    I finished loading the dishwasher this morning. I put the detergent pack in the holder and shut it. I shut the door for the dishwasher.

This evening, I went to unload the dishwasher. The detergent door was still closed with the pack in it. It comes open during a wash. I never started the dishwasher this morning.
    Adding to this that I was very confused when I went to empty it because I was 100% sure that I loaded and started it this morning. I was wondering why the soap holder door was still shut [-(

Jamie

• Haha to all of these. I'm just happy to blame pregnancy brain for the dumb things that I do all the time...not just when I'm pregnant. I can relate to many of these things. :)
  • redfallon said:

I did the same thing the other day, but I don't know if it was baby brain or just doing too much at once.
  • Drove to the wrong store the other day, got in the car with the intention of going one place, but ended up at another! It wasn't until I was parked that I realized I didn't want to be there!
  • Pregnancy brain is definitely real this week i started a fire in my microwave ... was microwaving my lunch forgot to add water 3 mintues later it beeps i smelt something funny blamed it in the dog and then relized my microwave was smoking and everything inside was black .. oops still tyring to get the scent out of the house
  • erikaalzeterikaalzet member
    edited September 2015
    I regularly forget what I am saying mid-sentence as I teach now. Been an issue for a good month at this point.

And I routinely leave behind important items all around the school in a trail of pregnant forgetfulness.

And of course, the above are just the things I can remember right now.
  • mlynn1217 said:
    I have had many a brain fart. I have found however said neuro - flatulence has increased the farther along I get. The most recent thing... I tried calling my own phone with my phone because I thought I lost it. O.o I'm so glad no one else knew
    I was walking around looking for my phone the other night...while I was talking to DH on the phone.
    I was at a restaurant eating lunch, scrolling through the bump on my phone. I looked in my bag because I thought I lost my phone.... 
  • I've tried to open my house door with the car key clicker.

Jamie

• I have forgotten what I was talking about as I was talking.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Today I went to leave for work and went to the front door. I had my keys out and I had a small panic as I thought I was trapped in the house cause there was no key hole to unlock the door for me to leave... Then I realized I was in the house... and I don't need keys to get out.

Today I left my keys in the door when I came inside the house. DH got home and asked me where my keys were, made up some story about needing to move my car into the garage or something. I ran around the house looking for them and it wasn't until I started crying that he felt bad, and through his laughter explained what I had done. I honestly remember putting them in my purse after unlocking my door, but I guess pregnancy brain gives you a very vivid imagination.
  • 12815AEEA said:

=)) These are hilarious. Someone asked me what year I was born and it took a full 10 seconds to "find" the answer. And today at the ob the receptionist asked me how I was and I just stared at her blankly...then said what? She cracked up :\">

ME TOO!
  • There was a bowl of grated cheese on the counter that I was using to make lunch. At the same time I made a cup of tea. And added the milk to the cheese. 

Moral? Don't multitask. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • bekaadams49bekaadams49 member
    edited October 2015
    redfallon said:
    I've tried to open my house door with the car key clicker.

I did this when I wasn't pregnant! :( LOL

I'm always losing something, or saying something totally wrong, and I have no memory or otherwise I would tell you something specific.