February 2016 Moms

1/2 way there

Hi all so I'm only 21 weeks but recently I've been having this over whelming feeling of just ready to be done. I'm a little over the 1/2 way mark but I am so ready to just not be pregnant anymore. Is this a common feeling or am I officially loosing it?

Re: 1/2 way there

• Loading the player...
  • maybe since this is my third time i know that it's going to get worse lol.  therefore I'm enjoying the heck out of second trimester before it's over.
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• I couldn't care less about being pregnant vs not being pregnant, as my pregnancy has also been relatively easy so far. However, I cannot wait to have this little guy in my arms! That is the only reason I'd wish pregnancy would move faster. I agree with pp that a busy holiday season will make it go faster.
  • I'm 21weeks2d with my fourth baby. I don't even feel pregnant at all, I'm waiting for it to start feeling really real. Maybe when I get an actual bump. This is my last baby so I'm enjoying all of it. I personally love pregnancy. But it's normal that some do not. Just try to enjoy it because it will breeze by fast.
  • definitely not uncommon. i'm very much over being pregnant and haven't even had it that rough. i just want to hold my little girl in my arms already! patience has never been a virtue of mine lol.. but i am glad we still have time because i have like nothing done yet in terms of "stuff" and the nursery. 
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• I've had kind of a rough pregnancy so far, so I'm so ready to be done too. I'm measuring big too so I feel like I skipped the "fun" part of pregnancy that is second trimester. I feel like I went from the pukey, tired, miserable first trimester to the uncomfortable, tired, can't-bend-down-to-tie-my-shoes third trimester. Then again, I know others have had it worse than me too, so I try not to complain. Plus, I wanted this (the baby, I mean)
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm with you all. I try not to complain because it took me 4 years to even conceive, but I'm just tired. I'm also 21 weeks and a day, it's my last pregnancy and I feel I should be enjoying it, I just want my body back. I also miss my medium rare steaks, dr. Pepper and wine. :/ Hope the time goes by fast for all of us!

• maybe since this is my third time i know that it's going to get worse lol.  therefore I'm enjoying the heck out of second trimester before it's over.

Good attitude. It's my third time and I just feel like...I've been pregnant for the better part of four years. Ready to be done.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm pretty ok with being pregnant right now. Feeling pretty good and our lives are not quite ready yet. 19 more weeks to put things in place!

H keeps saying "I just want baby to be here!" And I'm like really? We have nothing for this baby yet!
  • I have been really careful not to complain, because my sister is having so much of a harder time than me with her pregnancy.
    I am tired of the aches and pains. My body feels heavy and old, and I am already ready to lose the weight. But I am trying to soak in the little wiggles and be thankful for the journey. And I look forward to other milestones before birth, like when my husband can feel his little girl kick, and the baby shower, and setting up the nursery!
  • Yeah, I think this is definitely not an uncommon feeling!   Like PP I'm trying not to complain because others have had it far worse, but if I had a fast forward button I'd definitely use it!  ;)  Especially because second tri has not been as much of an improvement as I was hoping.  (For instance, I've puked more in second tri than first!  Fun!)  But yeah, patience is something I'm working on.  :) 
  • 22 weeks today with twins. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I'm done lol. Life is just very busy right now and that adds to the exhaustion of being pregnant. Not that I won't still be exhausted after they are here, but I'm struggling to enjoy it because of everything else going on.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I certainly felt like that in the last weeks of pregnancy with my daughter, but 21wks feels like a breeze to me.. I am enjoying only having one kid to look after right now, I am in no rush for her to be an outside baby. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't like to complain either, plenty of woman would give anything to be in our spot. However, this being my third pregnancy, my body and I are tired. I usually love being pregnant but I'm really ready for the last and final time to be done with (in February of course) I try to count my blessing on bad days... Doesn't always help but it's a thought. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm excited for the baby to be here but we really aren't ready for him yet! There's so much to do in these last 19 weeks that I almost wish time would slow down. While I do sometimes get down about how crappy I feel, I just feel thankful for each day that my little one gets to keep growing inside me.
  • egraves4egraves4 member
    edited October 2015
    I think I'm less ready to be done per se... but I have this glass half empty feeling because I'm halfway done... but the first half was so easy.  I don't even really "feel" pregnant.  And people keep telling me how miserable I am going to be in my third trimester so I feel like it's just an impending doom...  :-O
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• I'm 19 weeks, and just this week I've been feeling ready for it to be over. More so because like other posters have said, I'm getting excited to actually have the baby and waiting is hard - February feels so far away sometimes.

I miss my flat stomach and I"m not even very big yet! Hopefully all this will make us appreciate our bodies more once it's over. :)

Imagine how much we'll be sick of being pregnant come the beginning of feb!!
  • I think another factor for me is that I now know I'll be having the twins sometime in Jan, so I'm at this point where I really don't have too long. 15-16 weeks which went so fast in the beginning, but now is taking soooooooooooo long.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 22 weeks and I feel great. At the beginning when I was dealing with morning sickness I was really ready for it all to be over! But now I feel great and I am loving being pregnant and embracing my changing body.
  • Once we get to the holidays I think it will go much faster. My first son was born in January. As soon as Halloween hit, Thanksgiving came quickly and Christmas was right behind it. Hoping it's similar this time for a February baby. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Nope, I'm 21 weeks and have been ready for February for the past 2-3 months. I've felt terrible this whole time and I haven't gained all that energy I was promised and my morning sickness has lessened but I'm so sick of puking and feeling sick all the time.
  • Some days I'm completely over being pregnant like when I'm bloated and uncomfortable, which is almost always my own fault based on what I ate that day. Other days like today I am completely fine with it and even a little bit sad to think this is probably the last time I'll ever be pregnant again.

Husband says no more children since we have "one of each" and if we decide we want a 3rd we want to adopt.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I the only one who sees this post while scrolling and starts singing Bon Jovi every time?
    I wasn't but now I will be!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb16 October Siggy Challenge- Favorite Halloween Candy

Image result for reese's peanut butter cup pumpkin
  • This is our last baby so I feel like time is flying. It makes me so sad to think this is the last time I will ever have the experience of being pregnant. There is a lot that sucks but once you really start to feel your baby moving...it is one of the most amazing experiences ever.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • geojam224 I think we are pregnancy twins.  We gained the same weight (saw on the weight check in post), and I ALSO am measuring too big.  I went from sicky to HUGE and am DONE with this.  I also don't feel like its real.  I haven't felt the baby yet, which is weird because of my massive belly.  Maybe soon...
  • Maybe I'm weird. But I'm a FTM and I'm really loving being pregnant. Looking forward to baby, but I think I'll miss it a bit when I'm not anymore! I love feeling baby move and everything just feels so exciting right now. I feel very fortunate.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• SoSiriusSoSirius member
    edited October 2015
    The feeling is normal! Pregnancy can be so uncomfortable and meeting baby is so exciting! Of course you wouldn't actually want to do anything to encourage labor before 39 weeks unless medically necessary. That's the only thing I would actually side eye!
  • I feel very grateful that my pregnancy has been pretty mellow... I've been feeling great and making the most out of it, but I do feel like I have been pregnant for a very long time already! I'm nervous as hell about becoming a mom (such a life-changing event!!) so I will savor of the time I have here with this life before we flip the script.
  • For the first 3 1/2 months or so I was ready to be done.  I've been so sick and miserable I didn't want to be pregnant anymore!  And yeah, felt pretty bad admitting that since we were trying to get pregnant and wanted another baby.  Anyways, now that I'm off my nausea medicine and feeling good, I'm enjoying myself more and trying to enjoy the last several months of my time with just LO and me before #2 arrives!  I also second what someone else said, I think the busy holiday season will help make it fly by!  October I've got my husband's birthday and halloween, November of course means Thanksgiving and I've got 2 weddings to attend one of which is out of town for a brother in law, and then Christmas takes up all of December for us!  Before we blink we'll be super close to February ladies!!!! Eeek! Can't wait!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • 3rd tri is not necessarily horrible. Just like some women have easy first trimesters and some have it hard.
    It depends on what symptoms you get.
    I'm really sick and tired for 1st and most of 2nd, and 3rd tri doesn't seem that bad to me. In my previous 3 pregnancies I didn't get a lot of the aches and pains that some women have to deal with. We'll see this time!
    But I just wanted to give you some hope :-)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • 3rd tri is not necessarily horrible. Just like some women have easy first trimesters and some have it hard.
    It depends on what symptoms you get.
    I'm really sick and tired for 1st and most of 2nd, and 3rd tri doesn't seem that bad to me. In my previous 3 pregnancies I didn't get a lot of the aches and pains that some women have to deal with. We'll see this time!
    But I just wanted to give you some hope :-)

I've never had an awful third tri. I'd rather be 41 weeks pregnant than any part of first tri.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker