Trying to Get Pregnant

Anyone interested in weekly weigh-ins/fitness check ins?

Hey everyone!

We were doing these for a little while, anyone interested in starting them again on Tuesdays? I'll start one again for today below.

I know I liked the accountability from random internet strangers! :)

Re: Anyone interested in weekly weigh-ins/fitness check ins?

• Current Weight/Goal Weight:

Fitness & Eating plans for the week?

What challenges do you have this week?

What is your motivation?

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you?
  • Last I checked we already had a weekly weigh in on wednesdays.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Current Weight/Goal Weight: 166/160

Run 4 days this week, dance classes 2 days, plus yoga at least once. Plus, made a great & easy meal plan using fun fall veggies from the farmers market this week!

What challenges do you have this week? We have another event this weekend for work - out at an orchard, with hard cider. Since AF came yesterday I want all the donuts and hard cider...

What is your motivation? Getting healthier not just for pregnancy but moving forward for future kids. I want to set good, healthy examples for them!

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? After 8 years I finally admitted to DH that I love me some Britney...and have since I was 14. Lady Gaga too. Both play non-stop when I'm working out or alone.

Wow, I feel dumb now - totally have missed those on Wednesdays! I know they were on Tuesdays for awhile, and I hadn't seen one in a few weeks, so I thought they went away...thanks!
  • ooh I am! and I just weighed in today!

Current Weight/Goal Weight: 155/128

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? no beef or pork for the month of October

What challenges do you have this week? I have a class after work and I pass fast food on the way :( 

What is your motivation? when I see people about the same size as me, but thinner and how nicely their clothes fit.

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? "club bangers"
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Ok, so I'm def not weighing this week because of this weekend ( lots of food, went away for the weekend) but I've planned my lunches for the week and made it to spin last night! Yay~ Really focusing on drinking water all the time!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Current Weight/Goal Weight:
    164/137

I don't have one; I was doing Weight Watchers, but was super busy and didn't have time to track/portion, etc. 

What challenges do you have this week?

Everything involving food....I will admit I have no self-control when stressed out. 

What is your motivation?

1) I really want to look good again.  I gained about 25 pounds a few years ago and I haven't been able to lose it.  I don't like what I see in the mirror and I want to get back into my fit body.  I want my clothes to look good again. 

2) Getting pregnant.  I know if I'm not happy with my weight now, it will only get worse when I'm pregnant.  I don't want to gain weight on top of more weight.  I don't want to have health issues while TTC or during pregnancy. 

80's music........I love it!  I know I'm weird. 

Wow, I feel dumb now - totally have missed those on Wednesdays! I know they were on Tuesdays for awhile, and I hadn't seen one in a few weeks, so I thought they went away...thanks!
    I think you're right @jojomama25, I haven't seen them for a while since the leader of those check-ins got KTFU.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Another motivator: I can comfortably wear my husband's jeans and slacks. He's not very big, but I'm curvy so I just feel some kind of way about it
    TTC #1 since marriage

• Thanks @AL_TwinCities I thought that's what happened!
  • YAYYYYYY! I'm so excited this is back especially since I'm starting a new 8 week challenge for myself as of this week :)

Current Weight/Goal Weight: I don't weigh hardly ever. All the scale does is bring me down when I bust my ass in the gym 5+ days a week. I am going to start tracking measurements though. My current weight is 140. I don't have a set goal weight in mind except 130 to say I've lost 50 lbs :)

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? Weights & cardio 5 days a week, then a 5k for cancer on Sunday. My eating really just consists of lean meats, brown rice & lots of veggies. I've started tracking my macros which I LOVE! Also, drink a gallon of water a day 

What challenges do you have this week? Mostly working out the soreness. I am CRAZY sore today. It's a little hard when DH can eat whatever while I'm sticking to the same things. I got him a bacon cheeseburger & curly fries last night while I had my meal prepped food. I ended up LOVING what I made so it wasn't too bad at all :) 

What is your motivation? I had lapband surgery a year ago 9-23-14 so that definitely keeps me motivated. It's still so hard though because you have all the same cravings & you can definitely still gain the weight back. I also want to be a good size & in great shape so fingers crossed pregnancy & labor will be easier & I can lose baby weight faster. 

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? Rap music lol like some really gangster stuff that I normally wouldn't listen to lol

Also, does anyone use a Fitbit or My Fitness Pal? If so, add me! my email address is baileyscott719@gmail.com :)
    Me:23 DH:24
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
    2 fur babies: Thunder- Blue Heeler, Shiner- Lhasa Apso 
  • Hi! I'm interested in joining you girls :)
    I'm currently trying to gain weight especially muscles after a summer of not working out/melting like a Popsicle.

Current Weight/Goal Weight: Gaining maybe 5-7 in muscles

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? Trying to go to the Y at least 3 times this week. We are Wednesday and today is my only day so far... for eating I'm looking for a good protein intake

What challenges do you have this week? my joints are always painful after/around ovulation so I'm kicking my butt to not listen to the pain and go!

What is your motivation? To gain my cardio back and be able to do the yard work without feeling sore again!

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? I usually listen to the 90 pop station when working out!
  • @jolydan I LOVE the herbalife protein! I have the formula 24 I drink for like breakfast usually or a meal on the go. Then I take the rebuild post workout. It taste AMAZING & I can tell a huge difference in my soreness. Especially when I'm in the gym regularly. I completely feel you on the not working out all summer. Idk what I was thinking, thinking it was okay to skip & get completely off whack. Oh well, you live & learn!
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • I could seriously use some internet stranger motivation... help me!

Current Weight/Goal Weight: 128/123 - but I want to gain muscle

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? Trying to go running or elliptical in our basement 3 times a week, add some weight lifting after the cardio session, and stop eating mini-chocolate chips as a snack!

What challenges do you have this week? We have 6 people coming to our house this weekend and are going to a tailgate... so unhealthy foods and a desire to clean all.of.the.things before they get here!

What is your motivation? To get back into the shape I was in last summer before we moved. Plus, right now, my pants are getting rather snug...

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? Rap, Lady Gaga, and death metal!  All of the stuff that my DH hates!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! I want to join :)

Current Weight/Goal Weight: 129/120

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? Get up and run on the treadmill before work. Cut out sweets because my sweet tooth is getting out of hand.

What challenges do you have this week? I have bunco tomorrow and I always eat too much. I need to stick to one helping.

What is your motivation? My clothes are getting too small and I don't want to buy bigger ones. Also, I've been slacking on the exercise which makes me sluggish and I can't keep up with DH's energy levels.

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? ghetto stuff that I wouldn't normally listen to

Me: 27

DH: 34

TTC #1 Feb 2015

• gonetotheseagonetothesea member
    edited September 2015
    Current Weight/Goal Weight: 151/125 Fitness & Eating plans for the week? I just jumped on the 21 Day Fix / Shakeology bandwagon. I've been drinking a shake every morning this week. Trying to stay away from junk food. A new, hip fitness center just opened by my office, so every day after work this week I have been going to either ballet barre or yoga. 

What challenges do you have this week? My husband and I are closing on a new house tomorrow, so we are going to be moving stuff and painting and all of that horrible stuff, so of course we are going to be going for fast food for ease, with no time to work out. Hopefully next week I can get back in the swing of cooking and going to the fitness studio. 

What is your motivation? I want my clothes to look good on me again. I want my husband to be able to touch my stomach and me not recoil because i don't want him touching my fat. I just want to be healthy in general, especially since I am trying to conceive. 

GTKY: What's your "guilty pleasure" music to listen to that motivates you? The dirtiest, most gangster rap you will ever hear.

edited: because I can spell.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Current Weight/Goal Weight: 133/128

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? I've never meal planned so I want to try that. Get motivated for more indoor workouts.

What challenges do you have this week? Busy at work.

What is your motivation? Ttgp

I love the song walk the moon - shut up and dance. It's so much fun to move to!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Does any of you girls have this thought when feeling lazy and not wanting to work out: I'll get pregnant and fat anyways.... I think it was one of the reason amongst being really busy for not working out this summer.
  • @jolydan- you read my mind!!! I want to so badly get back into the habits and eating healthier and working out.....i am going through some physical therapy though right now because I was hoping just some rest would help my body get better on its own.  Not the case.  So I'm currently not doing any work outs.  hate it.  But I also struggle with my diet.  I do good during the week and then on the weekends I'm like ah, what the heck.....why not have all the stuff I shouldn't have.....and then I think man, I really want to do good. but if I get a BFP next month its not going to matter anyways.....the struggle is real!
  • Current Weight/Goal Weight: 143/130

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? I meal prep and try to exercise 5 days. (2 pt and 3 in the gym)

What challenges do you have this week? Had a friend's bday today and have lunch on Friday with dh and sil.

What is your motivation? A few years ago I was super sick and gained about 25 pounds. I lost it for my wedding but gained about 10 pounds of it back this summer. Wanting to lose it again.

Anything poppy! Or angry! Depends on my mood!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Yasssss!!!!! To the dirty, nasty, raunchy rap music at the gym! The only thing that gets me through! Thinking about getting KTFU sometimes makes me want to be lazy. Like oh yeah it doesn't matter, you'll just get fat anyways. But then again, I want to stay as healthy as possible & working out during pregnancy for myself & for my baby. The struggle is so real everyday. Especially because in high school I TRIED to gain weight. I didn't break 100 lbs until my senior year. Then went to college, got married, found out I had sleep apnea & before my lapband surgery, I was 180!!!! 1 freaking 80. I'm NEVER going back to that person again. I truly hated myself. Now, I just want to love myself even more so I can love others even more <3 I'm so cheesy about body imagine but it's true
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • @bbrooke92 adding you on Fitbit now!
    TTC #1 since marriage

• @KASG gotcha lady :)
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • Current Weight/Goal Weight: I don't weigh myself as I don't think it's an accurate measure of overall health, but I do know that as of two weeks ago (dr. appt) I'm hanging on to 4-5 extra lbs I wouldn't mind dropping.

Fitness & Eating plans for the week? Baby Boot Camp Tu/Th and maybe Sat. Running Sun, Wed and Fri or Sat. Eating curried okra Thurs, homemade pizza on Fri and out to eat for my birthday on Saturday.

What challenges do you have this week? My birthday on Saturday.

What is your motivation? Feeling good - endorphins are amazing. And I'm training for a 10k on Halloween.

Hip Hop, pop... lots of stuff I'd be embarrassed to admit to

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @bbrooke92 I'll add you to my fitbit - once I figure out how to add people! I just started wearing one! It's been a great motivator!

The weight struggle is real - especially knowing I'll gain back weight (hopefully) soon. I just keep reminding myself that 20 lbs of baby is better than 20 lbs of fat and I'll be better off in the long run if I'm in shape - but its easy to be lazy!
  • @jojomama25 yayyyy! I completely feel you! I'd much rather gain baby than just straight fat. I'm okay with that bc I know it's for a good cause :) it will be so worth it. I think I'm gonna have to take my rest day at the gym tomorrow. My body is worn completely out. I'm fixing to call it a night & hopefully sleep in a bit :)
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • I'm on Fitbit too if anyone wants to add me!
    Sgach1@yahoo.com
    @jojomama25 it's great! I got one about 2 months ago and love the insight it gives!!!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • I'm also on Fitbit. Ksangabriel15@gmail.com