January 2016 Moms

I just got shamed for having a bump and participating in Pink Out.

2»

Re: I just got shamed for having a bump and participating in Pink Out.

• I am completely against abortion. I do not judge the sin I judge the sinner. However, I respect and support you for supporting something you so strongly believe in. It is your constitutional right, one people in most countries don't have. God bless America!
    However, that lady didn't need to be a patronizing old hag. I hate people sometimes
  • ntyravgsp said:

I don't think you should be shamed for anything that you believe. However, I do think we can have access to health care without killing babies. And I do think that if you support an organization that performs abortions, you are supporting abortion.

Do you even realize how self-contradictory your statement is? [-(
    No I really don't.
    "I don't think you should be shamed for what you believe in, but you're a bunch of baby killers" is pretty much how that reads.
    Like @Snoopylovesbelle said, there are better ways to communicate a point of view. And in regard to the OP, an opinion on abortions is completely irrelevant.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am completely against abortion. I do not judge the sin I judge the sinner. However, I respect and support you for supporting something you so strongly believe in. It is your constitutional right, one people in most countries don't have. God bless America! However, that lady didn't need to be a patronizing old hag. I hate people sometimes
    **lurker who fully supports PP. Shouldn't you hate the sin/love the sinner? That way you worded it states that you aren't judging abortion, just the people who have every legal right to make that choice for themselves.
    Yeah, this doesn't really make sense to me.  Isn't it the sin that is wrong?  Obviously you would see the sinner IN the wrong, but I don't know....

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Again I feel bad that you had to go through that with that woman. But I guess you just wanted to vent? Not sure. Anytime you bring up PP you are going to get opinions and a debate. Certainly didn't mean to offend if i did but I didn't understand the point of the discussion maybe. Anyway, moving on....
  • There is never an excuse for being cruel or hateful to anyone -- ever -- whichever side of this or any debate I am on, I firmly believe in the importance of treating and respecting one another. I do not think all "pro-life" folks are cruel and hateful, I think that's an unfair implication in your post.

I also agree that what other people do with their bodies is not any of my business. But for me, and I suspect for other "pro-lifers" (I also agree no one is "pro-abortion"-- I think the correct reference for the other viewpoint is "pro-choice"), because I believe that life starts at conception, I view abortion as a choice that isn't limited to just affecting the mother's body, but that is affecting another life as well.

Just wanted to chirp in and clarify because I saw a few posts directed at not telling other people what to do with their bodies, and I actually think that stems from a misunderstanding of what the disagreement is actually over.

• Again, I would like to thank those that understood my original intent. Thanks for being supportive of my personal experience, regardless of whether you agree with the cause I support or not. Even though I never intended this thread to become a debate about abortion, it was a concern of mine before I started it. I don't think that any amount of persuasion will change my POV, and I'm sure you all feel the same way. 
    I'm going to stop following now, as I feel like I've gotten what I need out of this. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you again, for bolstering me when I needed it.
  • You know, I have been saying this for years and no one has ever pointed that out. I by no means intend to judge, so i think i will say it your way from now on.
  • TTiger03TTiger03 member
    edited October 2015

"pro-lifers" (I also agree no one is "pro-abortion"-- I think the correct reference for the other viewpoint is "pro-choice")

Just wanted to chirp in and clarify because I saw a few posts directed at not telling other people what to do with their bodies, and I actually think that stems from a misunderstanding of what the disagreement is actually over.

Umm. Sorry. I think most of us know the "correct" term, but that was not my point in using my phrasing. I'm guessing the same is true for others that used the term "pro-abortion" in their comments.

It simply reminds me of what a professor once said to my class years ago about how the words we use for debates are often too simple. No one is "anti-life" or "anti-choice". We all respect life and the ability to choose.

I am unclear on what you think is the general interpretation of what the disagreement is over. I think that it isn't so much that anyone "misunderstands" but more that we have different understandings.

I'm sorry to keep this thread going, but my husband would explain that we often argue over "semantics" and this was bugging me.

I don't particularly care what side anyone is on, but this comment made me aggrevated in a talking down sort of way even though I'm sure that was not the intent.

Edit:quote box fail
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What the? Some people have their heads so far in sand. I do not support the abortions done by planned parenthood or any other place that thay does them. But I do supprt the many other services offered by planned parenthood. If I saw a pregnant woman supprting PP, I would just assume she was using their free/low cost prenatal care and go on about my day. She needed to tuck back in her ignorance.