July 2015 Moms

Mom fail!

Last night baby woke up for his MOTN feeding. I went to the kitchen and made him a bottle and fed him in the mostly dark living room. He was almost done and I thought wait... He never finishes that fast. I turned on the light and realized I had forgot to put the formula in with the water, he ate almost 3 ounces of just water! I freaked out and called the advise nurse who told me not to worry. What are your mom fail moments?

Re: Mom fail!

• I pinched little man with those little things you secure him with in his rocker. It just about broke the skin & he screamed in pain. Little guy had no idea what happened. I felt beyond terrible.
  • Loading the player...
  • My fails have been throwing random things away when I'm tired. I've thrown away sports bras and bottles so far. I also put weird stuff in the fridge. Thankfully my sleep-deprivation hasn't caused any real trauma yet, just lots of embarrassment.
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited September 2015
    I was taking selfies with my little one and he slapped the phone out of my hand and It fell on his cheek.. Thank God I almost caught it on time! Never happening again!! :((
  • @Handree I always fear I'm going to do that!! Some nights I have double and triple checked that the liquid is white no clear lol glad the nurse calmed your fears!
  • I drove home from a nearby Target and realized when almost home that although LO was in the car seat, he wasn't buckled in! I have the car seat that also clicks into the stroller. So while pushing him around in the stroller, I didn't have him buckled in and then loaded them into the car without remembering to buckle!!
  • I accidentally clipped his finger while clipping his nails. He of courses screamed but luckily it didn't break the skin and he calmed down quickly.
  • ecloho said:

I drove home from a nearby Target and realized when almost home that although LO was in the car seat, he wasn't buckled in! I have the car seat that also clicks into the stroller. So while pushing him around in the stroller, I didn't have him buckled in and then loaded them into the car without remembering to buckle!!

Yes I did this the other day as well! Luckily it was just down the street.
  • @klirwin82 at least you didn't put toothpaste on the baby!
  • On more than one occasion, we have loosened the carrier straps in the store or somewhere and forgotten to tighten them in the car!
  • ^^ this made me laugh. I can't even imagine
  • I was feeding her at 2 in the morning, started to fall asleep, moved the bottle to find that I poked her in the eye with the nipple! :(
  • I go to kiss LO's cheek and he turns his head and I poke him in the eye with my nose. He gets mad. He turns his head so fast. Doesn't sto me from giving him tons of kisses.
  • @krkmpage I have done that too, I felt terrible!
  • Falling asleep while breastfeeding. I do it all the time! Usually by the time I wake up, he's sleeping too so I don't feel as bad. But a couple times I've woken up and my fingernail from my thumb (since I'm holding my boob and its pointed in that direction) has moved and has been pressed in his face. He doesn't seem to mind it, so that makes me feel better but I feel so bad, like I'm hurting him!!
  • Lol! I fed DS for at least 15 min with the bottle stopper in so all he was doing was just sucking in the nipple not getting any milk.

I did this at my 6 week check up. The lady sitting next to me in the waiting room realized what I did- I was so embarrassed.
  • I will hold my boob while breastfeeding with my left hand (boob sandwich style) only to find a pretty deep imprint of my engagement ring on his chest... Poor kid might end up branded for life!
  • My overactive letdown seems to make my breastmilk erupt *all over* her face.  It won't stop and it takes me a minute or two to grab a burp cloth to cover my nipple, so often she ends up soaking wet and sticky!
    This happened in the birth center a few weeks ago.  Everyone was watching.  LOL!
  • @wheresilenceismusic that happens to me all the time!!! There's sticky milk everywhere! I'm so glad it's not only me
  • Dropped my phone on my babies forehead
  • The other night she unlatched during the letdown and I was looking at instagram and didn't notice until I looked down and saw her getting sprayed in the face. I didn't have a burp cloth so I had to just use my shirt to clean us both up. Oops!
  • After giving my baby a bath and she was all nice and dry I was going to put lotion on her and instead of grabbing the lotion bottle i took the soap bottle..... Well yea, she had two baths that night.. Lol #-o