Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Weird cycle ( Chart attached )

Hi everyone!  

This is my first post here,  and hoping that someone give some advice or thoughts on what's going on with my cycle this month. 

Have been TTC for 7 months, however half of those months were out due to fiancé being away at work. 

I'm thinking I'm between 15 to 16 DPO going by when the OPK gave me a +.   I will add my chart here for you guys to have a look at, and I will also note that over the past 4 days, I have been feeling pressure/cramping as if AF has started to the point where I would hurry to the bathroom, but no flow has shown up. I did take a HPT yesterday morning and it showed negative.  

My cycles have been anywhere 32 to 38 days, since coming off BCP 7 months ago.

My temps have been signifcantly lower then previous months, most times my post O temps are somewhere between 36.6 to 36.8 ( Or higher) but they haven't rose above 36.4 ish this month and have had 2 drop below the cover-line on CD 29/3?.  It then went back above cover-line today.  FF had shown crosshairs, but since has removed them ( I'm assuming due to my low temps that have been since added?) Before the crosshairs were removed, it set my cover-line at 36.29.  My sleep schedule hasn't been as  consistent nor have I've been getting as much sleep as normal the past few weeks as prior months, so i'm wondering if this could be a cause of the weird temps.

Should I wait a few days, and re-rest?  Or do you think we might be out this month due to the erratic chart?

Thanks for any help that you guys may have!  

Re: Weird cycle ( Chart attached )

• Options
    Hi! So based on your chart, I would say you haven't ovulated yet. I don't really see a clear temp shift. Opks only measure an LH surge, which can happen more than once in a cycle without necessary ovulating, meaning +opk =/= ovulation.

Have you tried tracking CM too? BBT and CM are your primary fertility signs. I know long cycles suck and can be extra confusing sometimes when temping. Hope that helps!
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    I haven't tried tracking CM since we've started TTC, have read a lot about it and by the sounds of things something that needs to be done next time around, if this isn't the month BFP happens.  Could the "wet" feeling, and pressure I've been feeling my body trying to ovulate again? 

Have just checked CM, and it's clear and stretchy, which I'm assuming is EWCM I've been reading about?

Looks like some extra fun might need to happen over the next couple of days, haha.

I agree though, long cycles are a pain in the arse and can add a lot of confusion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Bmack90 grrrrrrl take advantage of that EWCM and hump it out! ;)
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    KyCatKyCat member
    edited October 2015
    Long cycles suck. But I agree that from your temps it looks like you haven't ovulated yet. A favorite saying around here is "when in doubt, hump it out!"  ;)

Also, in the future, you can ask questions like these in the daily WTO/TWW threads. Just put something like
     ****Question below**** or 
    *****Chart stalk please***** at the top of your post in those threads so people see it.

Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• Options
    @momstahp, interesting feedback on @Bmack 90 chart. I would have thought she ovulated day 20. I sure hope I'm reading my chart right! 
  • Options
    Ditto what others said: I don't think you O'd yet. Tracking cm is quick and really useful. And if you're currently seeing EWCM, go get some!

@misshopeful1 Fertility Friend has chart interpretation games, it's great practice!

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    There are so many open circles on your chart... It makes it hard to really track. Do your best to track at the same time every day. Failing that, tracking CM will help a lot. I don't see ovulation yet either. Good luck!
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    I don't think you've ovulated either seeing that your temps post +OPK are just as low (aside from the spike on CD22) as pre +OPK. Since you are just now seeing EWCM, you may be gearing up to ovulate so I would enter the EWCM into FF and maybe start using OPKs again and see if you get another positive.

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @letyourheartbeyourguide I just discovered the game! I spent like 15 minutes on it last night!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    I had a similar experience this month with a Positive OPK but no rise and then 8 days later another positive OPK and a real temp rise. Looking at your chart (and ignoring the open dot) I would guess you haven't ovulated yet. Maybe keep up with the sex to make sure you don't miss your fertile window. Good luck 
  • Options
    Hey everyone , thanks for all your responses!

It certainly makes sense that ovulation didn't happen, as there was no cramping around the time of the +opk, as well as temps not rising above pre o temps like they normally would.

My temp had another slight rise this morning, which took it almost 36.5 ( had a solid 6 hours prior to taking it this morning ). Hopefully EWCM still hanging around for now. Do the open circles in the chart, mean that temps weren't taken at sporadic times ?

When in doubt, hump it out .. Fiancé is 4.5 hrs away at work, but will do everything in my power to get him and his sperms before it's too late. Lol.

• Options
    Also going to pick up some more opk's today, and check to see if there is another surge happening. Here's to hoping.
  • Options
    sarah0985 said:

@letyourheartbeyourguide I just discovered the game! I spent like 15 minutes on it last night!

I know what I'm doing when I feel like procrastinating later!
  • Options
    Open circles mean FF thinks something is off about your temperature.  Ie, you slept in a cold room, you drank, took your temp at a different time, or didn't get enough sleep.  You have almost 1/3 of your circles are open.  If you discard the temp on CD22, what happens?  Does FF remove your CH?

Also, what mode do you have it set to?  It should be "advanced"
  • Options
    Opk test just now. Test line is quite a bit darker then the reference line ... Looks like ovukation is soon going to happen .. Or at least try again.

Bsckgb7 .. FF did removed my CH yes .. Chart isn't showing them now. When I discarded cd22, notbing really changed?
  • Options
    Bmack90 said:
    Opk test just now. Test line is quite a bit darker then the reference line ... Looks like ovukation is soon going to happen .. Or at least try again. Bsckgb7 .. FF did removed my CH yes .. Chart isn't showing them now. When I discarded cd22, notbing really changed?
    If you're getting another positive OPK, I say definitely HIO.  On a side note, a pee stick picture is not necessary, we'll take your word for it that it's a positive :)
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    Bmack90 said:
    Opk test just now. Test line is quite a bit darker then the reference line ... Looks like ovukation is soon going to happen .. Or at least try again. Bsckgb7 .. FF did removed my CH yes .. Chart isn't showing them now. When I discarded cd22, notbing really changed?
    Happy for you that you might have another chance at O, but please take down your pee stick. 

• Options
    Hi everyone, 

It's been a while since I've updated after I had last posted.  I wanted to say thanks to everyone that took the time to give their advise and help when it was needed, as we probably would have missed the second attempt of ovulation.   I have since ovulated, and temps are still going strong.  We're about 9 DPO now, and keeping our hopes high however we still realize that nothing is set in stone when TTC and always need to prepare for the rough realization that a negative could happen. 

We're going to test tomorrow, with hopes of a BFP.  

Hoping someone could look at my updated chart, and see if they believe that my temp this morning could be the beginning of a triphasic shift?   It's been a long cycle, but keeping our fingers crossed! 

Thanks everyone! 

• Options
    You have a LOT of open circles. Are you temping at the same time every day?

It definitely looks like you O'd, but given the open circles I agree with FF's dotted crosshairs - you could've O'd like it says on CD36, or as late as CD39 based on temps. 

Not sure about trisphasic - hard to tell based on one temp rise. Just keep temping and try to not fixate too much on it. Distract yourself as much as possible! And get some dollar store cheapies if you're going to start testing at 10dpo. Good luck!

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Options
    Bmack90 said:
     I'm thinking I'm between 15 to 16 DPO going by when the OPK gave me a +.  
    OPK just give you an indication of an LH surge. They do not confirm ovulation. So its a bad idea to guess how many days past ovulation you are based on a positive OPK. You can have multiple surges per month and only one ovulation event. So right there you could already be off track in trying to figure out what is going on with your cycle.

I will add my chart here for you guys to have a look at, and I will also note that over the past 4 days, I have been feeling pressure/cramping as if AF has started to the point where I would hurry to the bathroom, but no flow has shown up. I did take a HPT yesterday morning and it showed negative.  
    Negative HPT means not pregnant at this time. Test once a week. Use pink dye and follow the directions closely. Do not look at the HPT after the time limit. Also, I caution you against the new curved handled HPT. They are known for indent lines that look like positive even within the time limit.  For what its worth, my temp spiked the day that I got AF. Sometimes the rules are just guidelines when it comes to charting. Your body decides to be a renegade. ;)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    @PrimeRoseMama her original post was from Oct 1st... She updated it in the comments so it brought it back to 1st page.

@BMack90 Not sure about triphasic charts, The months I had charts that looked perfect were not when I got BFPs. Good Luck with testing.  You should try participating in WTO and TWW threads, that is where we typically discuss this kind of stuff.  You can put ***Chart Stalk**** at the top to notify posters you want them to check out your chart and comment.