December 2015 Moms
Options

RLS.

I've gotta be having restless leg syndrome or something. My legs are so so so sore and achy and they hurt. They also twitch and I feel like I have to constantly move them, especially at night. Anyone else have this & what are you doing to help it?!

Re: RLS.

• Options
    Besides checking that you're not missing something like calcium, try stretching before bed. It isn't a perfect answer but I get nocturnal tics from Tourette's Syndrome and find the stretching helps. All the pregnancy leg cramps don't help any. When I wake up from them I just stretch again and things seem to relax enough I can go back to sleep.
  • Options
    Okay, I'll definitely be trying that before bed tonight @Mizuiro007! Thanks for the tip :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes stretching and a warm Epsom salt bath has been helping me
  • Options
    Bananas help with some leg cramps and stretching.
  • Options
    You'd be amazed but, for me I got mild compression socks and they worked wonders! I bought them at walmart and theyre not expensive at all. I also try to take a warm shower before going to bed and eating a banana. But definitely those socks were a life saver!!! Would definitely recommend them.
  • Options
    i also read recently that low iron levels can lead to RLS, which i hadn't known. i've been having some RLS symptoms and just recently had my iron checked -- it did turn out that i am slightly anemic. i'm hoping an extra supplement will help. 
  • Options
    My legs seem to get twitchy at night when I have caffeine during the day, so I've been avoiding it and it has helped!

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have this when not pregnant and now it is so bad. I take Natural Calm Magnesium, you mix a lil in water or juice. It works within like 5 mins for me and I only have to take a tiny amount. I would be so uncomfortable and would not sleep if I did not use it every night.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the helpful tips and suggestions ladies!! I will definitely be trying some of them!