July 2015 Moms
Options

Dream feeds

What are people's thoughts on these? Sometimes I'm convinced that feeding LO when we go to bed at 10/11pm makes so much sense and makes all the difference, and then other nights when we've skipped it he has slept longer than without! So confused....would be interested to hear others experiences with it.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Dream feeds

• Options
    I tried it once. Lo was dead asleep, I tried rubbing the nipple of her bottle on her lips. She made the maddest little pouty face and wouldn't open her mouth lol. I do know of someone who swore by it though
  • Options
    But how do you burp them???? I don't get it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You just burp them normally. It's more about the time of night - giving them one last feed before you go to bed, that they might otherwise sleep through.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's hit or miss with a dream feed for me. I don't burp my LO in the MOTN. Wake him up? No thanks. I did read today that they are supposed to swallow less air at night.
  • Options
    dont bother. no need to interrupt their sleep.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope don't do it. She gets her amount of ounces needed during her wake hours. Babies will wake when they're hungry, so let them sleep!
  • Options
    Hazel is a loud sleeper -- she fusses in her sleep, howls, and cries.  Yet she's still asleep!  Sometimes in the MOTN I can't tell how awake she is; sometimes I think she's not really awake at all.  If it's been a few hours (and she's already woken me up), I feed her anyway.  I EBF.  It's not dream feeding per se, but it is feeding her while she's basically asleep, and she'll always sleep much longer (and less fitfully) after I've done that.
  • Options
    I feed my LO in the middle of the night and she is barely awake but she gets restless, making noises, moving around. I feed her, she basically stays asleep but then when I put her down she is much more peaceful.
  • Options
    Lurking from June

I've wondered about this dream feed business, too. Closest I can do a dream feed is an actual feed before I go to bed around 10 if he fell asleep around 7 or 8. But he completely wakes up when I do that, so there's no 'dream' about it. At least he falls back asleep easily after (usually). And its a total crapshoot if he sleeps longer into the morning or not. Sometimes yay, sometimes nay. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I tried it a few times. I get the pouty face as well.