July 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone else HUNGRYYY.....!!!??

n3na94n3na94 member
edited September 2015 in July 2015 Moms
I'm EBF and I have to say I been a lot more hungry. I feed my little one on demand and I stay hydrated but if I used to eat only cereal for breakfast, I now have to eat something more than that like eggs or a bagel, just because it doesn't sustain me until lunch. I feel bad because I look like a fatty ( thank God I haven't gained weight from it) I have been eating healthy though, except I do have to have something sweet at least once a day.... Just to seal the meal lol I know I'm suppose to eat a few extra calories a day, and to be honest I'm enjoying using it as an excuse to eat lol am I the only one!? :-/

Re: Anyone else HUNGRYYY.....!!!??

• Options
    My LO just turned 2 months old this week & the last 2 weeks I have been HUNGRY! More than I noticed in the previous weeks. We are EBF also
  • Options
    Yes!! And I agree on the sweets. I feel like I crave them more now than when I was pregnant!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely!  Eating every 2-3 hours.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    n3na94n3na94 member
    edited September 2015
    chrisaw said:

Yes!! And I agree on the sweets. I feel like I crave them more now than when I was pregnant!!

Yes!!! When I was preggo I limited my sweets intake a lot. Now I must have dessert!!! Lol ;;)
  • Options
    n3na94 said:

chrisaw said:

Yes!!! When I was preggo I limited my sweets intake a lot. Now I must have dessert!!! Lol ;;)
    @n3na94 Do you feel like the caffeine/sugar in the chocolate, etc. affects your LO? I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or what, but sometimes I feel like it does so then I limit the sweets that I'm eating even though I'm craving them so much!
  • Options
    How is it affecting your LO!? I haven't really payed attention to it, He's been pooping fine and all but I do limit caffeine/ chocolate.! Just because I heard to much caffeine is not good for them @chrisaw
  • Options
    Yes! I went back to work on Monday and I'm so hungry all the time now! I think part of it is that I'm back on a regular schedule and actually paying attention to myself
  • Options
    @n3na94 one day I felt like it made him hyper (if that's even possible) but the next time he seemed fine. So I'm assuming it was a coincidence. I rarely have caffeine in my system since I don't drink coffee or pop or anything like that, so really the only way would be from the sweets. But I'm trying to watch those!
  • Options
    chrisaw said:

@n3na94 one day I felt like it made him hyper (if that's even possible) but the next time he seemed fine. So I'm assuming it was a coincidence. I rarely have caffeine in my system since I don't drink coffee or pop or anything like that, so really the only way would be from the sweets. But I'm trying to watch those!

Me too lol I stopped drinking coffee and coke when I was preggo with my little one but Maybe it could happen but if we eat way too much sugar. I think if we limit sweets to once a day and it's not way to sugary, it won't affect them. Once in a while mamas can give in to cravings lol :)
  • Options
    n3na94 said:

chrisaw said:

Me too lol I stopped drinking coffee and coke when I was preggo with my little one but Maybe it could happen but if we eat way too much sugar. I think if we limit sweets to once a day and it's not way to sugary, it won't affect them. Once in a while mamas can give in to cravings lol :)
    Definitely!! ;)
  • Options
    I am SO much hungrier now at 12 weeks PP and EBF than I was in the first few months ! And I crave sweets! - Oreos, pop tarts, peppermint patties , it's soooo badddddd I am going to be in trouble if I don't control myself!
  • Options
    nemRN said:

I am SO much hungrier now at 12 weeks PP and EBF than I was in the first few months ! And I crave sweets! - Oreos, pop tarts, peppermint patties , it's soooo badddddd I am going to be in trouble if I don't control myself!

Me exactly. I snack constantly and I'm obsessed with sweets! I wonder why breastfeeding makes us crave sweets so much?
  • Options
    randa923 said:

nemRN said:

Me exactly. I snack constantly and I'm obsessed with sweets! I wonder why breastfeeding makes us crave sweets so much?
    lol I'm obsessed with chocolate chip cookies!!
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one lol especially with the sweets!! ;;)
  • Options
    I have way more cravings while EBF than I did pregnant.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    Yes!!

I have four meals a day -- breakfast at 6am, second breakfast at 10am, lunch at 2pm, and dinner at 7pm.  Maybe dessert counts as a 5th meal?  I've been craving sweets too.  I had an ice-cream Snickers bar today (*orgasm*) AND Newman-Os with milk.