October 2015 Moms

Top of uterus pain?

Hey ladies, I'm 38w4d and I have been having a ton of pain on the top of my uterus (where I believe my "fundus" is) between the bottom of my chest and right where my bump starts. I've had it through out pregnancy but it's getting so uncomfortable :(. I am sure it's normal, but is anyone else feeling this? What are you doing to help it?

Re: Top of uterus pain?

• For me it is more sensitive than pain and related to the baby's feet up in my ribs. My doctor said once baby drops it will go away.
  • It's baby kicking and moving I think. I have the same. I am sure it's from his feet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, yes I had this pretty bad for about two weeks. Mine felt like the biggest bruise ever and was sensitive to touch. It felt like a burning sensation when it was at its worse. The great news is that it will go away when the baby drops. My doctor said it is a combo of your ribs and your muscles being stretched like never before. My baby dropped last week and it's total relief! Hang in there!
  • Baby dropped between 35 and 36 weeks. It's definitely not his feet because his butt is about an inch or so underneath the spot that is sore. Thanks for the input though ladies! Looks like I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to ask the doctor. It only gets really sore when I have been sitting up for a few hours. I try to get up from my desk and walk around during the day to help but really the only thing that helps is laying down. I am almost there and should just stop whining but I have a feeling I have a stubborn boy who's going to keep me waiting.
  • Right there with you. Extreme pulling stretching if the muscles just at the top of my bump. Driving for any length of time is horrible. The worst is when the backache also starts in.
  • Yep. Hurts sooooo badly sometime. He just pushes and stretches so much in there! He is still breech so his head is just pressing on the top and it burns and aches. It never fails every time it is really bad, I have to cough or sneeze and it makes it hurt so much more.