May 2016 Moms
Options

So This Was My Night

nerdymama15nerdymama15 member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Does anyone else's SO not understand the meaning of being hormonal?  I specifically told DH that today I was feeling stabby. 

So back up to last year sometime.  We had a security system installed and also got the smoke/heat sensors as well so that in case of fire it triggers the alarm and contacts the alarm company and they contact the fire department if they cannot reach us.  Sooooo you probably already know where I am heading with this story.

So I was sitting here at the computer finishing up some work when hubby comes in here and wants me to see something he had done in the garage.  I was like well can I go pee first.  I had to pee really bad.  He was like no just come look.  I went out to the garage and the garage door was shut and the garage was full of "smoke".  He had bought a special effects smoke machine from the Good Will and was testing it out in the garage.  Apparently he did not think very hard about the consequences........  Next thing I know is I hear our very shrill loud alarm system sounding off.  He triggered the smoke sensors and set off the alarm.  I ran in and disabled the alarm and waited for the company to come over the panel speaker.  The lady came on and I told her what happened and she was like I'm just going to mark this as a false alarm.  Soon as she had "hung up" the alarm went off again.  By then I was cussing and had to pee really bad.  That thing went off at least six times maybe even eight since I had eight notifications on my phone app from it.   Hubby in the meantime had opened the garage door and turned on a fan and blew all the smoke out to the front of the house.  It hung in the air b/c it is so humid here right now.  The fire alarms are still going off during that time.  So it probably looks like the house was on fire.  By then I' was screaming at my DH to get his butt back in the house and watch the panel so I could go pee.  He freaking ignored me!!!!!!!!!!!  I was ready to kill and having a very stabby meltdown screaming and cussing.  Apparently while I was doing that, he was on the phone with the alarm company and neighbors had poked their heads out of their houses wondering what the crap was going on.  Some neighbor we don't know from wayyyyy down the street even  heard the alarm and walked all the way up here to see if everything was okay.  The alarm company kept trying to come back in over the intercom but everytime they did they were interrupted by another alarm.  By then I"m losing my mind and screaming at DH and three naming him and screaming WHAT PART OF FEELING STABBY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!  He finally had to tamper with the alarm and take it off and stick it in his car trunk in the driveway until all the smoke cleared.    After all that I'm surprised that the fire department was not called by a well meaning neighbor, and I'm surprised the police weren't called due to my verbal assault on my DH.   He is never ever ever going to live that one down! lol  I wasn't upset b/c of the alarms being set off.  I was upset that he wouldn't stand  by the panel so I could go pee. 
After the alarms finally stopped and it had quieted down, his words were "you can't blame me"....... lmao

So after all that my only concern is I have had a few pains down there.  I think maybe from getting so worked up. 

Edit:  I hope you get a good laugh from this =))

First Pregnancy
  • BFP: 01/25/2015
  • EDD: 09/28/2015
  • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
  • EDD: 05/25/2016
Baby Born
04/15/2016

PGAL

Re: So This Was My Night

• Options
    Yeah, I guess it's wrong to laugh at your pain, but I'm sure you'll be able to laugh about this later :)
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Men... I feel like since I'm not showing yet DH doesn't get that I have symptoms like nausea and major fatigue. I'm on the verge of getting stabby myself

Plus side:
    At least your house will look super cool for Halloween. Maybe turn your BBQ into a UFO and let the smoke billow out of that Far from the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This will be a story you will laugh for many years! =))
  • Options
    I yell at DH at least once a day. I'd feel bad about it, but normally he's asking for it. 

DH cannot understand my fatigue. He says "I'm tired too." No shit Sherlock, but I'm making a HUMAN being. You chopped wood, I get that's tiring, but you don't feel like you have the world's worse hangover every day. Shut it. 

Currently I'm trying not to swear around my 15 month old. It was going well until I got pregnant.....
  • Options
    I'm sorry, lol! Your H sounds so much like mine. Glad you're able to sort of have a sense of humor about it already ;)

@BuzzBee614 - I sometimes think we are the same person lol. I have also dropped a couple of curse words around DD as of late. Also, last night I said "you SUCK!", talking to my phone. Naturally, DD parrots "suck!" for like 2 minutes, and H gives me the side-eye. Oh well, at least it wasn't an actual curse word that time.
  • Options

Was this in the middle of the night?  Your poor neighbors!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I yell at DH at least once a day. I'd feel bad about it, but normally he's asking for it. 

DH cannot understand my fatigue. He says "I'm tired too." No shit Sherlock, but I'm making a HUMAN being. You chopped wood, I get that's tiring, but you don't feel like you have the world's worse hangover every day. Shut it. 

Currently I'm trying not to swear around my 15 month old. It was going well until I got pregnant.....
    I had to talk with my DH about if I say "I'm exhausted" it doesn't usually mean to talk about how tired you are, let me talk about how I am feeling.
  • Options
    @nerdymama15 This is a riot. I'm sorry you had to pee through the whole ordeal though. The cramps with that are no joke! I agree with PP that some men don't recognize the discomfort of the symptoms unless they have a visual. DH was wonderful through the second part of last pregnancy, but in the beginning it's more like a memorized list for him and if it's normal, it's ignorable.
    @buzzbee614 my husband and I have the exact same exchange almost daily.
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess it's wrong to laugh at your pain, but I'm sure you'll be able to laugh about this later :)
    i laughed, i get how it can be in the moment a real problem for OP 
    im sure she will giggle about it later 
  • Options
    It is funny in retrospect :)  It just wasn't funny when it was happening.  He will NEVER EVER live this down, ever.

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    Wow, sounds like a scene from a movie! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but you seem to be able to laugh about it now :)
    DS #1 2010
    DS #2 2011
    DS #3 2014
    DS #4 2016
  • Options

Was this in the middle of the night?  Your poor neighbors!

Nope, it was around 7:30PM

First Pregnancy

Second Pregnancy

Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL