2nd Trimester
Options

Dopller app- where is the best spot to find the beat?

I got an app for my phone called "my baby's beat" , its for listening to the baby's heart like a Doppler. I get the beat sometimes but I was wondering if you've used an app like this and have tips for finding the beat? is any location better? a way I should lay or sit?  thanks!   

Re: Dopller app- where is the best spot to find the beat?

• Options
    I have that app, it works best for me in the morning and when I lay on my left side. but I think that's because my baby is facing that way. the best way is to focus your search where you know you'r baby is and stick to the bottom of your stomach. when I do get the beat it's loud and clear and when I'm not getting it I just hear static.   
  • Options
    Depends how many weeks you are, and does the app tell you which week it is able to detect a HB?

At my 13 week appt my midwife had a student shadowing her and let the student find the baby's HB with the Doppler in the office. So I heard the tips my midwife gave the student... Looked right above the underwear line (low cut bikini underwear) and she told her to angle the microphone and then try rotating it in a full circle. Took a little while to find but the circle rotation seemed to help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ok...after reading this I became curious and had to try it out.....It surprisingly works....kind of neat.

January siggy challenge - Pregnant lady problems

• Options
    There's no such thing as a doppler app. Your phone is not a doppler and does not have doppler capabilities. The app simply allows you to use your phone like a stethoscope with a loud speaker. Success is totally dependent on how many weeks you are (30+ is best), how your baby is laying, how lean you are and where the placenta is.
  • Options
    I have it and it works but didn't until after I had a nurse find the HB with a Doppler so I knew where to look. I lay flat on my back and press firmly just where the belly begins. Way below the belly button. I consistently find it right there, in the center.
    BabyFruit Ticker