Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

After your d&c how long did it take for hcg To drop to 0

snarky14jdsnarky14jd member
edited August 2015 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
How long after your d&c did it take for your hcg to drop to 0?

I'm 8+ weeks now and as of last week it was still 16

Mom of one adorable little boy and excited to do this again.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: After your d&c how long did it take for hcg To drop to 0

• I didn't get blood tests but hpts were negative after 2 weeks.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• My doctor didn't do blood draws, but I got a negative hpt a week after my d&c. Baby had stopped growing almost a month before my procedure, so I am sure that played a role in my quick drop. Has your doctor checked for retained tissue?
  • Loading the player...
  • Hpt will register at 20 or more I think and until last week 8 weeks post d&c I was still 16

Mom of one adorable little boy and excited to do this again.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mbenevengambenevenga member
    edited August 2015
    My first d&c I didn't get to 0 until 5 weeks after- with my 2nd d&c that I just had last month as of last week (4 weeks after d&c ) I was still slightly positive at 3.. So am assuming I'll be the same this time around of 5 weeks..
  • Haven't gotten blood draws since pre-D&C, but I'm 4 weeks out and still getting positive tests at home.
  • I didn't have a D&C but used mistroprostol exactly 2 weeks ago. Had blood test done just this past Monday, my levels were at 70. Dr wants me to go back in another 2 weeks to check, also my iron was low so I need to keep having that checked too.
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    edited September 2015
    Im 6 weeks post d and c and my level was at 2000 yesterday. My ob now thinks this was a partial molar pregnancy and wants me to keep doing draws weekly and hold off on trying again for 6 months :(
  • I just took an HPT tonight.  10 days post D&C.  The baby had stopped growing three weeks prior to when I found out and then we waited two weeks in the hopes of a natural miscarriage.

The test was negative.  My post op appt. is Monday...in one week.  What can I expect from my HCG?  Does this mean my HCG is less than 20-25?
  • It depends on the specific HPT you used, but if you're getting a negative at home and it's not possibly due to diluted urine then yes, I would expect your HCG to be less than 20-25.

For reference/comparison, I had a very faint positive HPT on 9/3 and that day's HCG came back at 27. I used another HPT the next morning and it was negative. My next HCG draw was on 9/10 and it came back at 11.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Thanks DanyTargaryen! That is reassuring. I bought another hpt to test Friday with first morning urine..just to be sure!