Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday

13»

Re: WTO Wednesday

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 5

What are you doing to get KU: waiting for AF to get the eff out of the building and then EOD sex, opks

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I'm not a very patient person so this cycle is going slo-O-ow!!

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? Honestly, I think a highlander would be awesome. It would fit my family and they get nice gas mileage.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 2

What are you doing to get KU: All the things

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I thought I had nailed our timing last month but I was totally off.  AF came out of nowhere (5 DPO, say whaaaaa?). I blame tons of stress.  I am hoping that this month things will go back to normal.

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? I'm not a big car person but I've always been in love with Aston Martins.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LasscherLasscher member
    edited September 2015
    Deleted bc after reading more I saw my question was answered.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16 BMB-December Siggy Challenge- Holiday Animals 

• Options
    LasscherLasscher member
    edited September 2015

@Motherofducks @MNturnsVA @BVBabyHopeful

In regards to BDing ED, I was so sad about how last cycle went for various reasons that I talked to DH and decided to do ED from cycle day 8 to cycle day 16  (due to FW and I'm on 27-28 day cycle), because I was reading somewhere about the more volume the better. Anyway, we were both worried that we wouldn't keep up the pace of ED, bc usually we naturally have sex 0-2x a week. We haven't had high frequency sex, we used to sometimes do it 3x in a weekend, since we were much younger so the idea of ED sex seemed insane. *TMI* When I had 3x in a weekend in the past I would get so sore that if I got AF after I couldn't put a tampon in after.

Anyway we made some rules that seemed to have made us successful for the past 6 days. I thought I'd share in case you guys want to try for ED. First off we use ttc lube every single time we have sex, whether I'm naturally wet or not, so there is absolutely no soreness or pain involved.  Second to not make it mechanical and weird we always cuddle, kiss, hugs, and talk some before we have sex, so it's still intimate even though we both are aware we are doing this to make a baby and not just because we are in "the mood".

HTH if you are interested in trying to do ED in the future.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

What are you doing to get KU: charting, temping BDing

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: So hoping for temp rise tomorrow, FF originally thought that I would O yesterday but I got my first +OPK last night and no temp rise this morning. I am hoping it wont take too long to O because I am a pretty consistent 28 day cycler and I don't want my Luteal phase to be too short. At this point I am so looking forward to the TWW but I am guessing that will be different at 8 DPO ;)

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? Not too much of a car person but will need something bigger for potential future baby so will be looking soon!
  • Options

Has anyone had to get a Rubella booster? I know you can't have the booster while pregnant, but my CNM wants me to get tested for Rubella immunity now, and I'm curious if you have to wait after having the booster to TTC? I have a message into her to ask, but I'm impatient...

I believe rubella is a live vaccine and since congenital rubella syndrome is something you don't want to mess with I would say they likely will tell you to wait 2-4 weeks after vaccination to start TTC again. If its not a live virus that could change, I believe most non-live vaccines are safe during pregnancy.
  • Options
    @NamelessAria I don't check my CM if I'm aroused or just had sex because it is confusing. I usually wait till it's like an hour or 2 later and I'm all washed up to check. by that time I'm thinking it should be the actual CM. Semen also does smell like chlorox, too but I'm not down into sniffing my hands. I'm already doing enough weird ish lol don't want to add more.
    :))

• Options

Has anyone had to get a Rubella booster? I know you can't have the booster while pregnant, but my CNM wants me to get tested for Rubella immunity now, and I'm curious if you have to wait after having the booster to TTC? I have a message into her to ask, but I'm impatient...

I believe rubella is a live vaccine and since congenital rubella syndrome is something you don't want to mess with I would say they likely will tell you to wait 2-4 weeks after vaccination to start TTC again. If its not a live virus that could change, I believe most non-live vaccines are safe during pregnancy.
    Thanks! That falls in line with things of read elsewhere, but I've read 3-6 months other places, which I really don't want to do. I can deal with taking a break for a cycle, but we've waited so long already...
  • Options

Thanks! That falls in line with things of read elsewhere, but I've read 3-6 months other places, which I really don't want to do. I can deal with taking a break for a cycle, but we've waited so long already...

Totally understandable. I'm going based off of what the recommendations for the nasal flu vaccine (the only live once, injections aren't live) so rubella could be different since congenital rubella syndrome is bad. I would say to ask the CNM the shortest amount of time he would recommend you wait to make sure you aren't out of the game for too long. Fingers crossed your titers will be high enough to avoid the booster at all!