October 2015 Moms
Options

Contractions question

Is it possible to have contractions that arent extremely painful but just somewhat uncomfortable? I know about BH but the ones im having now are pretty regular and consistent just not super painful. Im 39wks today. Been feeling awful for days now , cramping, back pain, extreme fatigue. Lost my MP last Thursday. Thoughts please.

Re: Contractions question

• Options
    Yes early labor for me was not painful. Typically they will get stronger, longer and closer together when it's true labor. Good luck!
  • Options
    I dilated to 6cm without feeling any pain. Just normal BH discomfort. The pain didn't start until after my water was broken.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely. They are still contractions, the only difference is in actual labor they get organized, stronger over time, and consistent. It was probably 4 or 5 hours into my labor before I realized this was probably it and even then it wasn't really difficult for another few hours when the pain began to take over...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, wait for them to get consistent and closer together and I would call your doctor and see what she/he says. Good luck!!!:) congrats!
  • Options
    Oohh this was my question last night to a friend of mine! Sadly mine went away (Im ready more then ever!!) but all the best and good luck!!!

• Options
    rue:Drue:D member
    edited September 2015
    Yep. I had a NST today and was contracting every 5-6 minutes but they weren't painful, just uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I had an NST and couldn't feel the contractions I was having at all. The nurse asked me if I could feel them, and I'm like nope. I know that my braxton hicks are just tight and uncomfortable, but when I have real contractions they hurt. Now I'm wondering how many contractions I'm having that I can't even feel.
  • Options
    I have never had a NST what is it?
  • Options
    It's when you are hooked up to 2 monitors on your stomach that track the baby's heart rate and also pick up contractions. You will def have one done once your in labor
  • Options
    Yes!! My MIL felt no contractions with her first. While I think this is rare, it can happen. She said she felt like she had to go #2, then it would go away. She delivered med-free 3 hours after she woke up that morning.
  • Options
    I've been having a lot of contractions today and yesterday. They're much worse when I'm laying on my side. I really want them to turn into labor.
  • Options
    I've also had contractions at all of my NST's so far, and have not felt a thing. So I'm sort of prepping myself to not feel extreme "pain" – at least not the kind I've been imagining – when I actually do start feeling them.