1st Trimester

Low hcg levels at 5 weeks

Hello ladies, today I had my follow up doctor appointment and I was told that I am 5 weeks today. He took a urine test and my hcg levels were only 84 and he said they're supposed to be in the thousands. I got a blood test taken and now I'm waiting until tomorrow to hear the results. I have had any spotting what so ever and just slight cramps every now and then. However my pregnancy symptoms have seemed to stop, I'm still exhausted but not nearly as hungry and my breasts don't seem as big as say last week. Just looking for anyone who had similar results and turned out okay. I'm very nervous and sad. Thank you in advance.

Re: Low hcg levels at 5 weeks

• What I got from https://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/

• In 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 – 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
    • Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 -6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
    • An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

• 3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/ml
    • 4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/ml
    • 5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml
    • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml
    • 7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml
    • 9 – 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml
    • 13 – 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml
    • 17 – 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml
    • 25 – 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml

Hope this helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Did he measure you with an ultrasound? Maybe you ovulated later than you thought? When did you get your BFP? Also, like PP mentioned you still fall within the ranges so all may be good. When do you get your next beta?

BFP #1  7/19/15, CP 7/26/15
    BFP #2  9/17/15, EDD 5/28/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @wellinaustin I'm super new to this. What is a beta? It's possible I ovulated longer. I got my first bfp on September 23 and I've tested everyday since then and its been pretty consistent and I got the darkest line today. I'm not sure what my hcg levels were last week I didn't think to ask until now. Like I said we go back in tomorrow to find out how everything is. Can I order an ultrasound this early? We have our first ultrasound on October 16 when I'm 7 weeks 2 days
  • If you ovulated late, then perhaps u are just earlier along than 5 weeks... I know that happens all the time. However, if u truly are 5 weeks along, that level is extremely low and usually indicates a non-viable pregnancy. The best indicator of viability will be to see if ur HCG increases by at least 60 percent In the next 72 hrs. Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for u!!
  • That's amazing! So happy 4 u! Congrats!
  • Thanks for giving me hope. Went from 9 to 35. Waiting on next one.  How are you doing ?!