1st Trimester

Total exhaustion + random insomnia?

I'm so tired during the day, I could collapse where I stand. I've nearly fallen asleep driving down the road, sitting at my desk and standing in the shower. I nap almost daily in my car on my lunch break just to survive the afternoon and can't wait to go to bed at night. AND THEN...I'm awake off and on all night long. What gives? Anyone else feeling hit by a bus, but when it's actually time to sleep, they can't? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me: 39 DH: 41
Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
1st Date: 5/27/06
Engaged: 9/16/13
Married: 6/20/15
BFP: 9/2/15
CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Total exhaustion + random insomnia?

• I'm having the same problem. I feel deflated all day long, but when I go to bed, it takes forever to fall asleep. Then I get up all through the night. Part of the problem for me is the frequent bathroom breaks, but I'm also dealing with anxiety keeping me awake. I feel for you and hope you can get some relief. ☺
  • I'm right there with you . I feel like exercise helps me regulate . But I've been taking advantage of weekend naps to try and catch up on sleep too !
  • Loading the player...
  • The days I exercise I notice I do sleep better and more.. but yes I'm in the same camp. Yawning and sleepy during the day and then waking up early (between 2-4am) and not being able to go back to bed.

BFP #1  7/19/15, CP 7/26/15
    BFP #2  9/17/15, EDD 5/28/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'll try some exercise. Maybe that will help. Thanks for the suggestion, @firewaterx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 39 DH: 41
    Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
    1st Date: 5/27/06
    Engaged: 9/16/13
    Married: 6/20/15
    BFP: 9/2/15
    CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
    EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• In a similar boat.   I am exhausted during the day, but when it comes time to sleep I'm wide awake.  Things at night that did not used to bother me make me angry and unable to sleep.  Every noise the DH makes, every noise the dogs make.  It all infuriates me at night.  By the time I fall asleep it's only two or three hours before I have to get up to go to work.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • 7 weeks and the past few nights have been so bad. Again like you all, up and yawning all day, I've stopped my naps in hope of sleeping, and Nada!! I'm in bed by 11-12 and up at 3-4 am. Im biking 20 minutes 2x a day to and from work. Only thing I find that helps is to throw on a movie (Pride and Prejudice on Netflix) the soft piano tones are better then the dead of night noises, tossing and turning and hubby snores.
  • I'm exhausted during the day and nap daily when I come home from work for 30 minutes to an hour. Lately, every night  I can count on waking up anywhere between 3:00-4:30am and it takes me an hour to go back to sleep. And my back hurts but the only position that I can really sleep well is on my back. Which I know we aren't supposed to do. The struggle is real. A snoogie may be in my immediate future. 
  • 5 weeks 4 days- the past 4 days I have been in bed sleeping by 930, but wide awake and up between 2-4am. Not sure what the trigger is, why is my body wide awake by 4 am. ?

I used to sleep like a baby and would generally wake up at 730 on the button!