February 2016 Moms
Options

Moms with TWINS, current weight gain?

I am 22 weeks pregnant and have gained a total of 12 pounds already. I guess that's a normal range for twins?!?! I am curious to see what everyone else with twins have gained?

Re: Moms with TWINS, current weight gain?

• Options
    As long as your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either.

I didn't gain any weight with my twins until 25 weeks and then gained 35lbs between 25-35 weeks.

I'm now 20+4w with a singleton and am up 9lbs...
  • Options
    I'm 21 + 3 days and I'm down 20 lbs. It helps that I had weight to lose. OB just sort of said it was a redistribution of my weight. lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FunnyGal18FunnyGal18 member
    edited September 2015
    I have gained 11 lbs. I'm 21 weeks + 1 day.

Babies tend to pack on the weight near the end of a pregnancy. They are developing organs and such at the moment until the last 2 months or so.
  • Options
    My last ultrasound my twins were almost 2 weeks over their gestation size lol I guess I am going to have some pretty healthy babies.
  • Options
    I am 20 weeks today and have gained 22 pounds! I was thin and had lost about 10 pounds prior to becoming pregnant though.
  • Options
    I have definitely gained. 20 weeks today and was up 17 pounds as of Wednesday. I was recommended to a nutritionist (mostly due to the increased calorie needs of twins) and she seemed happy with the gain.
  • Options
    Weighed myself on Sunday at 20+1. I am up 13 lbs. I started at 110 and this is my second pregnancy.

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• Options
    I am 22 + 1 and have gained 19 lbs. I have been reading to pack on the pounds basically by 28 wks due to not being able to eat as much further into the pregnancy. Anyone else heard that? Reading was done in "When you're expecting twins, triplets or quads."
  • Options

I am 22 + 1 and have gained 19 lbs. I have been reading to pack on the pounds basically by 28 wks due to not being able to eat as much further into the pregnancy. Anyone else heard that? Reading was done in "When you're expecting twins, triplets or quads."

While true that it's more uncomfortable to eat larger portions, I was more hungry more frequently so I ate smaller meals more often than usual which is mostly to thank for my 35lb weight gain my last 10 weeks of pregnancy.
  • Options
    Yeah I am trying the smaller meals thing too. I am also dealing with just not being hungry much at all right now so trying to get down some calories for baby girls. Was your doc on board with the weight gain and did it help with your babies birth weights?