Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday

Re: WTO Wednesday

• MNturnsVA said:

@meg032085- sounds like a tough day!  I hope that it passes quickly for you!

@bubblegum5586- sometimes you need a break!  110% understandable!  I'm ready to get a BFP already over here! Ready to start trying again this month on CD 2!! Go away AF!

@IB113- I definitely think the TWW is more relaxing than being over here.....

@DobbysSocks- I would say that you should try setting an alarm and see what happens.  Taking your temp at inconsistent times will defintely give you dotted CH. 

@MotherofDucks- I don't think I could do ED!! Although we've already talked about our plan for this month! EOD for prob 10 days or so.....maybe ED the closer we get to FW.
    Definitely could not do ED! Even EOD starts to feel awkward and forced. Maybe for 4 days but it's just not us.

@MNturnsVA sorry to see you over here! FX for you!

C'mon October, show September we can do better!
    Hubs would love ED if it wasn't required and work wasn't an issue. He was initially on board for ED from CD9 to CD15... but I'm kinda glad he wants EOD instead. Just worried it'll end up being more like tried CD9 and then... nothing because he was too tired and we miss O. I'll probably O in the next day or two since today is CD11... but I have a hard time tracking CM when we're active. :/
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 19

What are you doing to get KU: Preventing this month, so just hanging out here til next O

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: My strong crosshairs that showed up yesterday have now gone to dotted lines. Trying to figure out what was wrong - might be my temps, I don't always take them at the exact same time and I am often up at night to pee.

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? I don't really care about vehicles to be honest. I'd love a minivan right now- might not be the most fashionable but it would be so convenient!
    I get up at right around the same time every single night to pee, so I started just temping at that time because it is hit or miss whether or not I actually get 3 hours of sleep afterwards! I just keep my thermometer on the counter right outside my bathroom. However, because I don't have an alarm set and *typically* wake up at the same time, my chart has open circles and is a smidge rocky, but generally stays within the same area, so I just continue the same way!

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 10

What are you doing to get KU: all the things

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: To my surprise, EWCM showed up yesterday! I'm really glad that we started BDing early, so that I caught it in case the visit is short-lived. And our schedules didn't line up this evening, so we found a way to meet up later this afternoon, which normally wouldn't be feasible with DH's work, but we got lucky this week. I'm not sure we've ever done something like this! (DH isn't exactly the adventurous type.) I know I'm still early in this process, but so far I feel like there are at least some aspects to this that can be fun. :) Now just waiting for temp spike and positive OPK! FX!

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had?
    Probably a range rover (the little one) or some type of Audi.

Btw- I'd also like to echo everyone's sentiments @MNturnsVA! I want to be doing more responding, but find it hard because I'm usually on my cell. Will try a little harder to help make the board even more interactive!
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BeachTigresshe is a heavy sleeper but i can't do things behind his back. I think i just need more benefits of temping to bring to his attention. Any one got some good defenses for temping that persuaded hubby it was for the better?
  • @MNturnsVA we had a rough weekend between DH's birthday celebrations all last week, in laws and emergency plumbing repairs this week, so I let too many days go by and I only have one day to count for my TWW. Sigh... One sperm is all you need will be my mantra this TWW.

And then if I do get KU in the next couple months I will be due right when we're expecting to be moving cross country, followed by a 5 month break for deployment starting in Jan. It's just so frustrating... /end rant.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @callen10210 if it's just because he wants TTC to be laid back and fun, could you just tell him that temping is something that you want to do for your own knowledge, but you would agree not to share the data with him or tell him when you are O'ing if that's not something he wants to know? I know some men may not like feeling pressured in that way.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • @callen10210 My DH is the same way in that he just wanted to have fun trying and was a little annoyed at how into the charting I was when I started temping. He's cheap so I used the "it'll save us money" approach. Before I started temping, I bought several HPTs. After I started temping, I haven't had to use any HPT because I know when I O'd and usually get a temp drop a day or two before AF. Also I told him if we end up having to go to RE, it'll be one less test they have to do if I can have all this data showing I am actually ovulating each month. I had a friend trying for a year that wasn't temping and then found out she wasn't ovulating even though she was regular. I feel like it can save a lot of time/stress if you're able to discover that sooner rather than later.

Me: 27

DH: 34

TTC #1 Feb 2015

• @nys27-  awww, thanks.  I don't always have time to do it either really. but when I do have the time I try to pick out a few people that I can relate too or if they have a question that I have any knowledge on, I try to share it.  And I think that getting creative with finding time/places to work in the sex during the FW are the way to go and keep this process fun!!  Not any everyday thing, but I'm not one who needs sex everyday, so I have to do some of that myself!
  • nys27 said:
    Month/Cycle: 2/2 CD: 10 What are you doing to get KU: all the things Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: To my surprise, EWCM showed up yesterday! I'm really glad that we started BDing early, so that I caught it in case the visit is short-lived. And our schedules didn't line up this evening, so we found a way to meet up later this afternoon, which normally wouldn't be feasible with DH's work, but we got lucky this week. I'm not sure we've ever done something like this! (DH isn't exactly the adventurous type.) I know I'm still early in this process, but so far I feel like there are at least some aspects to this that can be fun. :) Now just waiting for temp spike and positive OPK! FX! GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? Probably a range rover (the little one) or some type of Audi. Btw- I'd also like to echo everyone's sentiments @MNturnsVA! I want to be doing more responding, but find it hard because I'm usually on my cell. Will try a little harder to help make the board even more interactive!
    I have tried to get DH to "meet me at home" during lunch twice int he past week, but he has had meetings both times because I text him kind of last minute :( He feels bad that he can't meet up, but he makes up for it later! ; )

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Month/Cycle: 15/6

CD: 15

What are you doing to get KU: I know some of the previous posters had said that they couldn't do ED but I'm thinking that's what we are going to do this month.  EOD hasn't worked for us so I'm going to do ED for the next week or so.  CM, CP, OPK's, no temping this month - puppy ate my Mabis on day 5, Metformin 2000 mg, and Femara 5 mg days 5-9

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk:  I have to remind myself that when students don't care that doesn't mean that I'm not doing my job.  2 students who aren't doing their work out of 120 isn't too shabby in my book.

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had?  I'd go with a Tesla Model X.  Considering how beautiful the car is and the electric aspect of it, I think I would fall in love.  Too bad it's $70,000!

• @callen10210 I second pp's comments about telling him how helpful the charting will be if you need to go to an RE. Also, you could talk about how this is good for you beyond TTC, how most women really don't know that much about their cycles, and that FAM in general is a good way to help you know your body more. Also, if you understand your cycles, it could potentially help you identity medical issues further down the line before they get out of hand (PCOS, endo, maybe even cervical cancer(?). The last may be a stretch. I'm trying to think back to TCOYF.)

From personal experience, I can also tell you that telling my DH that I felt he was not being supportive of my concerns/decisions, helped a lot.
  • @MNturnsVA I also want to say thank you for all your responses. It keeps the conversation going and you are right, it feels like someone is listening. I will try to add too. About counting CD1 today or yesterday, I would say if you needed a tampon or pad by the end of the day then that's CD1. At least for me it's either just showing up on toilet paper or needing a tampon to avoid catastrophe.

It was very funny the way I just walked in the bedroom. He was getting ready to go to sleep, He wears a CPAP mask for sleep apnea (which I love because it got rid of the snoring haha) and I just put my hands on my hips and said "if you want a baby you have to f***ck me before you put on your mask" lol. He was definitely surprised and laughed and got all "oh I do huh? That's how it is? You just demand it?" So the playfulness worked for not making it feel forced. I mean sometimes you just have to tell it exactly how it is haha.

@callen10210 I have not started temping yet but I've been prepping DH for it, in case this month doesn't happen so I will start next cycle. It helped for me to explain how difficult it is to pin point O just based on CM and CD and even OPKs. The whole science of it. I also explained how small a window because the egg is so elusive. And we watched The Great Sperm Race in YouTube. It's a documentary that really makes you aware of just how hard it is to get it right. After that I explained that temping helps pin point it and it's the most accurate. While he said that it sounds very time consuming he understands wanting to know more. I think in general men don't get it. For starters they don't really know the biology of it all. And then they don't get what's it like to have your body repeat a specific cycle every months. So first showing him all the science really worked. I've also heard other ladies here say that vaginal temping is quieter because it beeps under the sheets, so maybe that could be a compromise?

@MotherOfDucks if we tried ED I think I would be raw and unable to walk. LOL

@gonetothesea congratulations on your new home! Definitely reason to celebrate and take the opportunity to christen every room ;)

@Sgoldberg247 don't you love when EWCM shows up? Maybe I'm just strange but I do a little happy dance when it see it in full force. Gives me renewed hope.

@halesh5 I cracked up when you said you felt you had to POAS with your pinky up!!!! Love it!! Maybe it's good luck? LOL
      Anniversary

• @bpfeiff84 just because ED is a bit much for some us shouldn't stop you from doing it (get it? Ha - sorry I laugh at my own dumb puns).
    I would LOVE to be able to because BD is so much fun. But I know we've tried it (not necessarily for TTC) in the past and it hurt after like 4 days.
    I say just go for it!
      Anniversary

• oandmplus1oandmplus1 member
    edited September 2015
    Month/Cycle: 4

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU: Nothing :( Have to wait 1-2 cycles before doctor said we could try again.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Just really bummed we have to wait to try again

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? honestly I just want something pretty with lots of bells and whistles that is zippy

Edited: typo
  • Thank you @MagnoliaRoseFern, @Margo412, @sldp123 and @BVBabyHopeful for the helpful advice i might just have him read your comments since you explain it so much better than i can and maybe reading it from other ladies perspective might help persuade him. I'm so happy i joined this board everyone is so helpful!!! Thanks again :)  
  • Thank you @MagnoliaRoseFern,
    @Margo412, @sldp123 and @BVBabyHopeful for the helpful advice i might just have him read your comments since you explain it so much better than i can and maybe reading it from other ladies 
    perspective might help persuade him. I'm so happy i joined this board everyone is so helpful!!! Thanks again :)  

Someone else here a mentioned watching the Great Sperm Race on you tube. I don't know if you have seen it. But I highly recommend it. I thought I knew how it worked but it still showed me so much more and just how complex the process truly is. I think it would help a lot. It's only like an hour long.
      Anniversary

• I honestly feel like temping makes things easier & less stressful! You know what's going on with your body & don't have to worry/wonder what stage you're in
    Me:23 DH:24
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
    2 fur babies: Thunder- Blue Heeler, Shiner- Lhasa Apso 
  • Thank you @MagnoliaRoseFern, @Margo412, @sldp123 and @BVBabyHopeful for the helpful advice i might just have him read your comments since you explain it so much better than i can and maybe reading it from other ladies perspective might help persuade him. I'm so happy i joined this board everyone is so helpful!!! Thanks again :)  
    Someone else here a mentioned watching the Great Sperm Race on you tube. I don't know if you have seen it. But I highly recommend it. I thought I knew how it worked but it still showed me so much more and just how complex the process truly is. I think it would help a lot. It's only like an hour long.
    I have watched it and my first thought was how has our species survived...haha I should make him watch it with me maybe he'll get why i want to do as much as i can to help this process along
  • bbrooke92 said:
    I honestly feel like temping makes things easier & less stressful! You know what's going on with your body & don't have to worry/wonder what stage you're in
    This^ Temping comforts me, especially coming right off the pill, I know I haven't ovulated yet because I haven't gotten a temp spike and my temps have been super consistent. Not sitting there wondering what's going on with my body is a total comfort. I have promised DH I wont tell him the results/when im ovulating and he basically sleeps through my temping anyways.
  • NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited September 2015
    **Question**

Month/Cycle: 8/5

CD: 9

What are you doing to get KU: Taking Iron, B12 and Folic Acid in lieu of PNVs, OPKing 1x per day for now since I don't usually O till CD 20-40 (last month was 35ish), Charting, Temping, Checking CP/CM, trying to talk DH into BD EoD but I usually can't get him up for it nearly that often... no pun intended :> haha sorry I have the sense of humor of a teenage boy sometimes

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: DH is perfectly happy BDing 1-2x per month and that hasn't been working out for us too well on the whole TTC front. So far we've never managed to get in more than 1 BD during any fertile window and usually a poorly timed BD at like (-5 or +1 type thing). I've tried everything I can think of to get DH more interested in BDing but nothing has worked. There is simply no way DH will ever be up for BD ED or even EoD from AF till the end of my FW unless I can do something to shorten my cycles because 35 days of EoD would be a miracle.

**Okay here is my question and TMI warning in advance: How does one definitely tell the difference between natural lubricant from arousal, semen from some prior BD in the past couple of days and CM? I actually did manage to get DH to BD twice so far this month and I'm realizing that it's hard for me to tell the difference. I've had a few mornings now were I wake up very horny (my sex drive is, and always has been, very high) and then when I check my CM I have to sit and wonder "Is this EWCM because it's clear, very stretchy, located up near my cervix.... but then I was having all the fun dreams...." I realize this probably sounds like an incredibly stupid, newbie question so sorry about that.

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? I honestly have no idea. The car I have now reliably gets me from point A to B with decent gas mileage and enough space for pretty much anything I've wanted to do so far so that's fine with me.

ETA: I meant to answer some of the other questions with what I know from the reading and such I've done.
    @MNturnsVA : I'm fairly certain most of the fertility apps I use say to count anything enough to need a pad/tampon as a period. I know I usually have spotting the day before my period but really not enough to even use a pantyliner so I don't count that and then when I switch to pads/tampons/menstrual cups I start counting it as my period.
    Also, on a different note, I wanted to say like the others I appreciate the people like yourself to take their time to engage with other posters and answer questions. It makes posting to the WTO/TWW thread feel less like keeping a public, online journal (as a PP said) and more like posting on a forum. I think it's lovely that you're willing to take the time to write back to so many people even the newer people you don't know.
    :)

@Meggymoo : I would assume FF is marking CD19 as your O day because of the temp drop followed by the quick rise over the next two days, coupled with fertile CM and the fact that it was near your projected O day. But then to be honest I don't always understand what FF does. Last month it marked my O day with a solid line on the day I had my highest temp all cycle and creamy CM on CD35 or 36 (I'm not 100% which anymore).
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria

From my experience (I could be totally wrong) semen has a distinct odor to distinguish it from CM and natural lubrication is usually further down, not up by the cervix. I've been having a similar issue and that's what I have found for the most part but I could be totally wrong.

• Temping comforts me, especially coming right off the pill, I know I haven't ovulated yet because I haven't gotten a temp spike and my temps have been super consistent. Not sitting there wondering what's going on with my body is a total comfort. I have promised DH I wont tell him the results/when im ovulating and he basically sleeps through my temping anyways.

I agree with this as well, although I haven't promised not to tell DH that I'm not ovulating. But I keep it pretty low-key, like "FYI, I'm in my fertility window. We should have some sexy time a couple times this week." We don't really DTD frequently because I don't have a strong sex drive, so temping and charting ensures that we at least BD a bunch at the appropriate time. DH also almost always sleeps through my alarm and thermometer beeps, so that has never been a problem.

@NamelessAria IIRC semen tends to dry quickly on your finger, unlike most CM.
  • @NamelessAria yes, semen has a very distinct smell. As far as arousal fluid, I think it's more wet that EWCM.  
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • @Sgoldberg247 @MagnoliaRoseFern yes! I had a few longer cycles (37 & freaking 45 days) if I wasn't temping, I would've been a complete freak wasting tons of money POAS. My DH wants to know everything lol he wants to know when I'm ovulating, what my temp is doing, what my OPK said, asks what's going on on TB lol temping is a lifesaver for both of us! 
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • bbrooke92 said:
    @Sgoldberg247 @MagnoliaRoseFern yes! I had a few longer cycles (37 & freaking 45 days) if I wasn't temping, I would've been a complete freak wasting tons of money POAS. My DH wants to know everything lol he wants to know when I'm ovulating, what my temp is doing, what my OPK said, asks what's going on on TB lol temping is a lifesaver for both of us! 

This is actually why I started temping. I had a 60something day cycle and was going nuts. The next cycle I decided to temp so at least I'd know if and generally when I ovulated so I'd have some idea of what is going on with my body. Helped keep me slightly more sane through the next 50 day cycle.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Month/Cycle: Don't remember exactly

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KU: Checking CM and sex. Possibly ordering OPK. Trying to remember prenatal everyday. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: I had wet (not extra wet) cm, but then it disappeared. (?) I'm also having problems with my shoulder and sleeping at night. I'm a side sleeper (arm out and under head) and have been woken up with terrible pain and throbbing in my shoulder that radiates down to my arm. It continues to last for several hours after waking and even wakes me up at night.  I hope it's nothing serious and can be fixed with a dedication to change in sleeping position and/or a new pillow. I do yoga (before and after bed) and stretch all the time, everywhere I go. (Like today in line at Starbucks. ) It's just so annoying and I don't want to take ibuprofen or a pain reliever for it. Suggestions?

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? I currently drive a decked out Jeep Liberty with a sky-slider. I lurv my car. However, I would like to switch to a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited when kids come into the picture. 

:P
  • sldp123 said:

@callen10210 does your H tell you a reason why he doesn't want you to temp? I think mine thought it was kind of weird/overboard at first, but now he's actually interested in it and asked me to explain it to him. His only complaint is the beeping of the thermometer in bed on weekend mornings (he says it sounds like a truck backing up, lol). But during the week we get up at the same time so it really doesn't affect him. 

My DH thought it was overboard and too much pressure at first too. After I explained that it helps me feel like I'm doing something constructive and helps the time pass with less anxiety for me he was on board though. Maybe explain the reasons you want to temp and find a way you could do it without waking him (vibrating Fitbit alarm for example then temp vaginally under the covers). This has been working okay for us and usually doesn't wake him. Good luck!
  • @NamelessAria oh my gosh girl! 60 days without temping?! I would've lost it lol I thought I had a couple of long cycles. I'm sorry that happened to you :( have you talked to your dr about them being so long? Or is it just going off of BC?
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • Month/Cycle: 11/13

CD: 16

What are you doing to get KU: same as usual -SI this month

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: according to FF it's O day today - have dtd the past 2 days running and will do tomorrow am just to make sure (if hubby is home from work in time) Tomorrow will be 12 months trying so fingers crossed I never get to month 13!

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? I just got my dream car (cars are not high on my dream list haha) a Ford Ka
  • @NamelessAria I was told that if you put the fluid in a cup of water, semen will sink to the bottom. Someone correct me if I am wrong.  
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• bbrooke92 said:
    @NamelessAria oh my gosh girl! 60 days without temping?! I would've lost it lol I thought I had a couple of long cycles. I'm sorry that happened to you :( have you talked to your dr about them being so long? Or is it just going off of BC?

I had a couple of cycles... if you can even call them that... where I didn't have a period for 6 or 7 months. I went to my doctor and asked about it and she said "OMG that's WONDERFUL! Why would anyone want to have a period ever? You should be thankful you don't have to deal with them." I moved shortly after that and had to switch doctors and the next ob/gyn I found didn't seem concerned about it either. She said something to the effect of "maybe it's a hormonal imbalance so we'll do some blood work" but everything came back within normal ranges and she didn't feel it warranted further investigation. DH and I have been TTC now for awhile so I suppose once we've been trying for a year if we still haven't had luck I'll try again. Hopefully at some point someone will find something I can do about these long, irregular cycles. I mean granted they're not usually 6 months. 2-3 month cycles are fairly common for me though and I honestly don't even remember the last time I had a "normal" 28ish cycle.

Also, thanks everyone for the replies to my question! Hopefully I can start figuring out the difference between all that. I'm not used to having to factor in sex haha

BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria-  Awww, thank you.  I don't have anybody in real life that really can relate to this.  One of my best friends just had a baby and these days our conversations revolve around baby.  So its nice to have some interaction with people that can relate.  DH doesn't quite get it.  As far as your BD situation, have you tried to appeal to your DH?  I know some men really just do not have the sex drive that others do (mine could do it daily and we have had our issues in the past because that is not me) but maybe you need to find what appeals to him? Maybe he's embarrassed to tell you about something in his past? I know you'd think he'd tell you anything and all of the skeletons, but maybe there is something there that's affecting his sex drive?? Or maybe he just really and truly has a low sex drive.  does he have hot spots?  My DH likes to have his ears nibbled/kissed and he would be beside himself I wore a costume of some sort.  I don't have the confidence for costumes per say, I've finally been comfortable enough in lingerie of some sort. (long story) Have you tried greeting him naked and with his favorite drink in hand/dinner? Toys? Porn? Strip poker or strip truth or dare or a game of some sort like that?? Just a few thoughts.  I'm sure you've tried a handful of these, but just thought I'd see if I could offer any insight.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

What are you doing to get KU: BD, temping, pnv

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: still leaning and trying to figure everything out. Have been haveing pelvic pain/cramps/discomfot, whatever you want to call it, for past couple days. I keep telling myself it's just gas but maybe not. We will just wait and see. Thinking about OPKs starting next cycle...

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? Keep going back to Mini Coop Sport or the GMC Yukon Danali
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @NamelessAria I hope you find a good dr! It would be tough them not understanding your frustrations. I'm very thankful I just switched gynos & LOVE her. She did blood work right away considering my lost long cycle. Mine are usually 30 days on the dot.
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
    I have watched it and my first thought was how has our species survived...haha I should make him watch it with me maybe he'll get why i want to do as much as i can to help this process along

That was my same thought too!!! How on earth do all these women just end up KU like that!?!
    It's a really good video. I showed it to DH and he's waaaaay more understanding, he said if i want to start temping that's fine with him. Maybe it will help for your DH
      Anniversary

• @Nameless Aria - I have always had a 65-70 day cycle and none of my doctors have ever been worried about it either.  I also used that as an excuse to start temping because I went through like 6 tests last cycle trying to figure out what was going on... it was driving me insane.

@Callen10210 - My DH wasn't thrilled about it either when he found out, but I honestly didn't think to ask him.  I just bought the bbt for like $8 at Target and then told him about it after.  I think he was worried about it taking the fun out of BD, but now he wants to know when we get to start BD ED, so it's not all bad?  He did tell me that he doesn't want to know details, he just wants me to initiate when it needs to happen... he's always more than willing to oblige...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hgsurvivorhgsurvivor member
    edited September 2015
    **Question**

Month/Cycle: 8/5

CD: 9

What are you doing to get KU: Taking Iron, B12 and Folic Acid in lieu of PNVs, OPKing 1x per day for now since I don't usually O till CD 20-40 (last month was 35ish), Charting, Temping, Checking CP/CM, trying to talk DH into BD EoD but I usually can't get him up for it nearly that often... no pun intended :> haha sorry I have the sense of humor of a teenage boy sometimes

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: DH is perfectly happy BDing 1-2x per month and that hasn't been working out for us too well on the whole TTC front. So far we've never managed to get in more than 1 BD during any fertile window and usually a poorly timed BD at like (-5 or +1 type thing). I've tried everything I can think of to get DH more interested in BDing but nothing has worked. There is simply no way DH will ever be up for BD ED or even EoD from AF till the end of my FW unless I can do something to shorten my cycles because 35 days of EoD would be a miracle.

**Okay here is my question and TMI warning in advance: How does one definitely tell the difference between natural lubricant from arousal, semen from some prior BD in the past couple of days and CM? I actually did manage to get DH to BD twice so far this month and I'm realizing that it's hard for me to tell the difference. I've had a few mornings now were I wake up very horny (my sex drive is, and always has been, very high) and then when I check my CM I have to sit and wonder "Is this EWCM because it's clear, very stretchy, located up near my cervix.... but then I was having all the fun dreams...." I realize this probably sounds like an incredibly stupid, newbie question so sorry about that.

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? I honestly have no idea. The car I have now reliably gets me from point A to B with decent gas mileage and enough space for pretty much anything I've wanted to do so far so that's fine with me.

Like others have said, try to talk to him about what's going on. DH and I struggled with that for a few years. I have a high sex drive and he does not. But I also ended up realizing that along as I initiate he gets into it (there's a few exceptions, like he doesn't do much after 11pm, hahaha - which i've had to adjust since i'm a night owl and sometimes the urge comes in at 3am). But also we talked and i ended up asking him if he enjoyed it at all, I mean maybe the conversation can start there, to get him to open up. Whatever you do, keep your cool, make him feel it is a safe place for him to voice his thoughts without fearing you will get angry or feel hurt. 

I also had some trouble at first telling the difference. Again, to echo others, semen will dry on the toilet paper pretty fast, it still be tacky not really stretchy, also not as clear as EWCM. It does also have a funky smell, plus for me it doesn't continue beyond 8-12 hours. Arousal fluids will dry up the fasted I think, just a couple of wipes with TP and they're done. For me, at least, EWCM is impossible to confuse. It is stretchy! it does not dry on the TP at all. If you can stretch it to an inch or sometimes a bit more, then it's EWCM. For me EWCM will continue for a few days so that's how I know. 

GL and FX to you! 

ETA: Can't separate my response from quote box
      Anniversary

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 3

What are you doing to get KU? PNV, charting everything, sex EOD once AF is over.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: Not so much a CS as a general question - I haven't done much searching yet, but its not something I've seen mentioned here lately. Has anyone had to get a Rubella booster? I know you can't have the booster while pregnant, but my CNM wants me to get tested for Rubella immunity now, and I'm curious if you have to wait after having the booster to TTC? I have a message into her to ask, but I'm impatient...

GTKY: What is your dream car that you wish you had? Practical car - new Chevy Traverse or a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Impractical dream car - 1967 Ford Shelby Mustang GT350H - black with gold pinstripes. Nope I've never ever thought about my dream car...
  • hunnybunny17hunnybunny17 member
    edited September 2015
    I usually don't answer Qs if they're already answered and lovetit the answer if I agree.
    @MNturnsVA Sorry for CD 1 2.
    @Kballew10 Hugs. I know how you feel. It's been a really long time since I've had a TWW.

Month/Cycle: 7/4

CD: 11

What are you doing to get KU: V temping, charting, prenatal, sex.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalk: V temping is amazing. Seriously. My temp is so consistent, it's practically a miracle! No more mountains!

GTKY: Mazda CX-3. It's not even on the market yet :)

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe