Babies on the Brain

Hey Y'all!

I'm new to the Bump - I'm a convert from Babycenter. DH and I have been married for 7.5 years and we've been together for 9.5 years. We have a beautiful DS who is 4. I am currently working on graduating from college (I'm a junior - yippee!) and double-majoring. I just turned 29 and suddenly, I realized that I want another child. DH is not really down with that yet because of school and finances. He is normally a fly by the seat of his pants type of dude but I guess I've rubbed off on him. Before now, I was very clear that there would be no more children until I graduated and BAM, I changed my mind. I suspect we'll end up waiting but until then, I need this board to yap about my obsession and vent about my frustrations. I think I'll even start charting and temping to prepare myself for whenever the time comes. Hopefully, I'll be moving on over to the TTGP board soon! So nice to be here with you ladies!

Re: Hey Y'all!

• Lots of luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome!

We're trying while my husband is in school, so I can kind of relate! He took a little convincing at first, but this is actually the best time for us. And congratulations for pursuing school with a child, that's awesome! I'm considering going back to grad school sooner rather than later and would love to hear how it works for you sometime! 
    :D
    Me: 23 | DH: 25
    Married: June 2014 
    TTC #1

• @kgm92 Thank you! I went to college for a year after I graduated from High School but I was completely lost so I told myself I would take a small break. That break turned into about 8 years! I'm now considered an adult student and I take classes at night. I work full-time and with a small child, it's been hard but I have a great support system. I went back when DS was around 2 so it wasn't quite as hard on DH who was staying home alone with him. Hopefully that's helpful to you!
  • Welcome and good luck with the wait. I think it's impressing that you go to school (and homework), working full time and having a little child. I know how tired I can be from just working.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • @Lysta85 Thank you! I only take 2-3 classes per semester and they generally meet twice a week so it isn't terribly insane. I'm definitely going through a slump right now because I am so ready to be finished. My motivation has just gone out the window but I'm trying to find it again!
  • Welcome! So excited to for this board to be coming alive!!
  • Thank you all!

@Shiva14, I LOVE your SN. DH & I are big fans of The League!