May 2016 Moms
Options

How concerned should I be?

I have been seeing an RE for a while now. I have a history of endo and he was doing ovulation monitoring on me while ttc. Went in today for an ultrasound.... I have been having ultrasounds since the day after I found out. First two appts (3 weeks & 4 weeks) it was too soon to see anything. Progesterone started at 15 and hcg was 56. Dr started me on full dose of progesterone suppositories. As of last Friday my progesterone was 23 and HCG was 2700 and the gestational sac was measuring at 5 weeks and two days (only two days off from when my chart showed I ovulated. I went in this morning and the yolk sac was very clear and gestational sac was measuring 6 weeks. There was no fetal pole or heartbeat. Dr said that by next week a heartbeat should be seen or the pregnancy may not be viable, especially since my progesterone is below 30. He is changing me to injectable progesterone today and says the HCG should be above 5000. What I read online all varies with what he saying so I don't know how worried I should be.... Should I have seen a heartbeat today? I'll find out my blood results later today and when my next appt is. Just trying to get some reassurance until my next appt....

Re: How concerned should I be?

• Options
    I have no idea but just wanted to say fx! 
  • Options
    I've been told you won't see much until after HCG is above 8000 but it can vary from person to person. During my last pregnancy (which ended in mc) at 4K HCG we could see a sac... at around 8K we could see more development. But I have heard of people who have had HCGs in the upper 10ks who didn't see heartbeats until a week or so later. Hope that helps. fx

Our Miracles: BFP- May 14, 2015... diagnosed with SCH. Collapsed Sac- May 29, 2015. Determined to be failed twin tetraploidy pregnancy.
    "Never in my arms, Always in my heart"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. This is so nerve racking! Just trying to stay calm, cool, and collected until I get my blood results back and find out when my next appt is.
  • Options
    My first US all we saw was the sac.  That was at 5 1/2 weeks.  At 61/2 weeks we saw the heartbeat.  Above 2000 is when you start to see the sac.  I wouldn't stress over the heartbeat yet.  MY RE said at this stage, the baby is growing on a daily basis, so 6 weeks might have been too early to see it.