October 2015 Moms
Options

TMI warning: weird discharge after cervical exam 39 weekz

Im sorry for the graphic wording, but im kinda nervous. I would have to say that I definitely had a normal increase of discharge near the end of this pregnancy and it looked normal. I went into an appointment today (39 weeks) and had them check my dialation. Everything seemed normal except later in the day my discharge looked like "wet tissue bits". It doesnt smell or anything , but its weird and I am worried I got an infection.... anyone else experience this?

Re: TMI warning: weird discharge after cervical exam 39 weekz

• Options
    ashleywuliashleywuli member
    edited September 2015
    It sounds like you are starting to lose your muscus plug. It could be a sign labor is close, or it could be just from the exam. Are you having more BH or regular contractions lately? Good luck mama!

Edit*lurker from N15, 3rd pregnancy here.
  • Options
    Probably your mucus plug coming out - cervical checks can make that happen if it doesn't happen on its own. Nothing to worry about as long as you aren't getting a lot of bright red bleeding. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I was thinking that but wasnt sure. Hopefully thats what it is!!!
  • Options
    Mucus plug. Thicker consistency and can have "bits" in it;) You're on your way!