Trying to Get Pregnant

Fat burners effecting BBT?

I'm trying to lose my last bit of weight as well as fat. I Googled my question & searched on here but didn't find anything. Obviously, I would quit taking a fat burner after I was pregnant. But I was wondering if anyone knew if it would effect your BBT? Does anyone else take fat burners & notice?
Me:23 DH:24
Married July 19, 2012
TTC since March 2015
Early M/C Dec. 2015
2 fur babies: Thunder- Blue Heeler, Shiner- Lhasa Apso 

Re: Fat burners effecting BBT?

• bbrooke92 said:

I'm trying to lose my last bit of weight as well as fat. I Googled my question & searched on here but didn't find anything. Obviously, I would quit taking a fat burner after I was pregnant. But I was wondering if anyone knew if it would effect your BBT? Does anyone else take fat burners & notice?

What are you taking?

• MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
    edited September 2015
    When you say fat burners are you talking about diet pills?   I can't speak for the science behind fat burners and BBT, but I know from personal experience that those pills are dangerous.   I took them once in college and almost ended up in hospital because my heart was racing so badly. It was a very scary experience.  I would be so cautious about putting something that has than type of an impact on your body, heart rate, metabolism into your body while TTC. 

Edit:  Hydroxycut is what almost sent me to the hospital (over 10 years ago, so maybe it's changed formulas)  That stuff is full of CRAP!  Do you want that in your body prior to conceiving?    
  • Loading the player...
  • Probably hydroxycut hardcore next Gen. I took it for a bit before TTC so I wasn't temping to know if it made a difference. It made me sweat more in workouts but I'm thinking it would probably be out of my system by the time I temp in the AM. If it messes with it, I won't take anything at all. Obviously I want a baby the most. I'll just have to work a little hardest to lose stubborn fat ;)
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • It's the same amount of caffeine as one cup of coffee. It just helps get rid of stubborn fat, & helps with appetite control.
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • I wouldn't take it. Looks like overpriced caffeine and thermogenics (which will increase your temp). Plus a bunch of other random things. But you can always research those individual ingredients yourself.

• @bbrooke92 I would think it would effect your BBT.  A lot of those pills will increase heart rate throughout the day and even more when your actually working out.  If your heart rate is high, wouldn't that increase your temp? I would think so. 

I have a hard time thinking it is the same as 1 cup of coffee, even if the bottle says so.  I took it in college and it was no joke.  Felt like crack in a bottle. 

Just think, if it gets rid of that last bit of stubborn fat, that fat will probably magically reappear when you get KU. 

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Yes that's my thing I don't want it to mess with my BBT so I can get the most accurate readings. I'm going to keep researching before I take it again if I do. I was just wondering if anyone had taken it or any fat burner for that matter & saw a change it BBT.

@babyexpress I'm trying to lose this weight so I can be as healthy as possible to carry a baby. BMI can mess with fertility too. I've lost 45 lbs so far & I love being healthy. I want to stay healthy throughout my pregnancy so fingers crossed birthing will be easier & it will be easier to lose the baby weight after I give birth. :)
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015
  • I hear ya. Eat healthly and exercise, that's the best way to go. You could be trading one problem for another with the diet pills. Like @MrsFL2015 mentioned, you don't want to end up in the hospital.

Not judging because I have been there.

• @bbrooke92 also, great job on losing the 45lbs!

• Congrats on losing 45 lbs, that's a big acxomplishment!

However, I agree with PPs that diet pills should really be avoided in general. It's great that you want to be healthy for your baby, but earign right and exercise are the best and a safest way to lose pounds.
  • Thanks yall! I have quit all caffeine except green tea in the AM! I was just trying to gain a little insight. After I posted it, I was like crap they're going to think I'm a complete idiot lol I will just stick with the eating healthy & working out! My summer was SO crazy I didn't make it to the gym at all. Today will be my 3rd day back & I am SO sore!
    Married July 19, 2012
    TTC since March 2015
    Early M/C Dec. 2015