Infertility
Options

O started 2day, IUI is not until tmrw??

vssbrmvssbrm member
edited September 2015 in Infertility
So, I had my blood work and U/S this morning, the nurse just called to say that I started ovulating this morning so do my Ovidel shot ASAP, so I ran home to grab it, and just did it. All on my own, what was I so worried about!? Anyway, now I am worried that not doing the IUI until tomorrow morning will cause us to miss our window. We have not BD since Saturday - I knew we should have last night but DH had a stressful day at work and was not into it. So now I'm kicking myself.

On top of it I only have 1 mature follicle this month.

I was so hopeful about this month, but now I feel like everything is going wrong.
Anybody have a similar situation??
Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
       Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
Trying to conceive since November 2012

Re: O started 2day, IUI is not until tmrw??

• Options
    If I'm not mistaken your doc will want to do IUI within 24-36 hours of O.
    GL!
  • Options
    I think you are ok.  If the doctor though you would be missing your chance, they would have canceled the IUI.  She probably just meant you were ready to O.  Do you know what your hormone levels where?  My RE has threatened to cancel depending on if my levels were rising.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LH is 77.4, Estradoil is 504, Prolactin is 40.4, and Progesterone is 1.9. And all I have is my phone with a meeting shortly so I can not look up what the numbers mean until after. I get so confused about everything we read for when the best time durring O to get those sperms working. Gr!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • Options
    Ur actually still surging (based on ur LH) so it sounds like everything is right where it should be in terms of your IUIs. IUIs are always scheduled the day after ovulation because the egg needs to be closer to the uterus for the iui to work (as opposed to the natural way where the sperm need a couple days before ovulation to swim all the way up the tube)
  • Options
    P.s- r u sure u only have 1 mature follicle? Ur estradiol is very high for only having 1
  • Options
    Thank you!! You are a sanity saver. The way the nurse presented it sounded like bad news. As far a follicles, I was thinking the same, but she said that I only had 1 mature one on my left side. Maybe having a few smaller ones that are not mature has raised my number?

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    I agree with above poster.  My RE threatened to cancel my IUI if my Progesterone was already rising (doesn't look like your is).  I agree that you have more than one follicle too.  I think you are right where you want to be!!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    @vssbrm Yah it sounds like you have more than 1.  Levels of 200 per mature follicle, which would mean you have at least 2.  I agree with pp that you were probably surging and the eggs were getting ready to drop.  I know the feeling with DH has stressful day at work and is not in the mood.  I had the same issue this cycle and did not get in as much as I would like to. Friends w/ kids always say, just have BD everyday for 2 weeks and you will get KU.  I wish it was that easy.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Thank you ladies, you made sitting through that meeting soooo much easier! I love this community. And Im going to go in with the odds of 2 follicles, 1 mature camara ready one shy guy.

@babyexpress : i totally agree with the friends comments. I got so exhausted from my close friends saying they just had to look at their DHs to get pregnant that I have told many of them that we are challenged in that department. Just so I did not have to hear it anymore. Which was actually kind of good, they have all been pretty supportive! We both have stressful jobs, though I have been dialing back a lot. I feel so bad pushing him when he is stressed and turning it into just another chore on his list.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    @vssbrm totally agree! We both have stressful jobs too and sometimes I only get quality time on the weekends.  Neither one of us have 9-5 jobs, so it is super hard.  This has been our lives for years and I blame no pregnancy because of it. It's our decision though and I wouldn't change a thing.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Ah good luck !! Sounds like you are going to be good to go ! And don't get bummed about one follicle - all it takes is one :) im praying for you !! Keep us updated . I hope it goes well !!!!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    I also want to applaud you for doing an ovidrel shot on your own ! I've thought about being stuck having to do it myself and I've freaked out . Ahhhh the shots !!! I'm such a weenie - you are tougher than me !!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @mskeenan doing the sjot on my own was surprisingly simple and did not hurt at all. In fact I hardly noticed I was stabbing a needle into my stomach!

1st half of this mornings asvenrure complete, go in for the IUI in and hour and a half. I enjoy IUI motnings during the week, I get to have breakfast with my DH and spend some extra non-weekend time together.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!