February 2016 Moms

Less movement? 20 weeks 2 days

I've been feeling my little girl move ever since I was 15 weeks along. Just starting two days ago, her movement has changed and is very very minimal to feeling, maybe once or twice a day. Im worried, is this common??

Re: Less movement? 20 weeks 2 days

• I think you are ok and if it were me, I probably wouldn't say anything.  If you are worried though, just call your OB.  They will either tell you everything's fine or have you come in.  Win win.  
  • Babies are sleeping a lot at this point- my ticker says 12-14 hours a day!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure if it's common or not as I'm a FTM, but if you're really worried about it, see if you can pop into your doctor's office for a heartbeat check, or buy a doppler so you can check it whenever you'd like at home. :)

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • I'm a STM and their movement will ebb and flow. My baby was super active a few days ago and is pretty quiet now. I second what @brushesnbrunch said about getting a Doppler. Hearing the baby's heartbeat always eases my mind when I get worried. If you're worried, mention it to your OB though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wonder if it could have to do with your eating or activity level? Mine always seems to move more a little after I eat, especially fruit or carby things.

@archae I didn't know they slept that much! That's prob also part of it.
  • I was told that you don't need to worry about kick counts or anything like that until 28 weeks. If you're really worried call your doctor
  • Your baby is still really pretty small at this point, so one day. baby might be in a position that allows for you to feel the kicks, and in another position baby may not be as noticeable.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a friend with same situation at 19 weeks. She had early US and found the baby had turned and was now facing in. So when it kicked and moved she didn't feel it like before, And all was well. Hope that helps. But if you're still worried ask your OB might calm your nerves. :)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is doing the same thing. At 19 weeks movement was like constant poking I could see on the outside! Now it is much less frequent and intense. I read that they are starting to get more control over their movements so I am guessing that it's less uncontrolled flailing and more reacting to stimuli.

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • My baby's movement has decreased this week and I'm 21weeks. At my appointment last night we saw baby's back is facing out so that explains a lot. Maybe baby is in a different position?
  • Thank you everyone, her movements are back to normal and I have another anatomy scan scheduled for tomorrow morning!