September 2015 Moms
Options

Recurring headache?

Anyone else getting headaches every day? I'm 6 days pp. They started the night after I left the hospital. Think it could be from lack of sleep?

Re: Recurring headache?

• Options
    Are you breastfeeding? If so they could be from dehydration. I get them in the morning after a night of feeding and not enough water. It could also be a lack of calories. If I don't eat enough I get lightheaded. Breastfeeding can take a lot out of your body and not staying hydrated and well fed can cause headaches. Could definitely be from lack of sleep as well.
  • Options
    I get headaches from the interrupted sleep. A cup of coffee does the trick in making me feel better.
    DS1 - 8-10-2015 LO2 - EDD 4-30-2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jweber4747 yes I am. And that could definitely be it. Im having a hard time finding time to eat and drink. Lol but I should probably make it more of a priority.
  • Options
    Same here. I'm actually going to the doctor tomorrow for anxiety and I think that's why I am getting so many. I'm sure all the crying I'm doing isn't helping either. I'm 2 weeks 1 day pp.
  • Options
    @rconrad6714 I noticed mine gets worse with crying. And one of the reasons I'm crying is bc of the dank headache haha. I hope yours goes away soon. I can't imagine this going on for another week and not losing my mind.
  • Options
    I usually have migraines. During both of my pregnancies they were minor to non-existent. (Reason enough to be pregnant forever!!!)
    Yesterday LO was 11 days old and I got my first migraine back. It was debilitating. I'm assuming it's hormonal since they're gone during pregnancy. And the lack of sleep can't help. But no amount of caffeine and Tylenol and aleve were helping yesterday.
    I have an appt with the neurologist Thursday to get myself back on breastfeeding friendly migraine medicine (Imitrex) because all I had in the house was Zomig which I would have to pump and dump for 18 hours and I'm not pumping yet.