March 2016 Moms

Random spotting at 13.5 weeks

Hi Ladies:

I know there probably other topics about this but I'm kinda freaking out so I don't have time to look. I had random spotting today, a good amount of bright red blood when wiping. I've had no cramps, no sex, nothing.

I got checked out my an on-call doctor in my family clinic and he says my cervix looks great and baby's HR is 150BMP. It took some time to find that HB on the Doppler, longest 2 minutes of my life, I swear it felt like hours.

Have any of you dealt with this type of bleeding in 2nd trimester and later? Is it as terrifying each and every time?

Re: Random spotting at 13.5 weeks

• Yes. I bled for 2 weeks solid in my first trimester then it stopped then started again in week 10 for a few days then stopped then started at week 12 for a few hours then stopped. My dr checked every time. He said I had a sensitive cervix. So anytime sometime bumped into it it caused me to bleed. I don't bleed after sex or anything. As long as you got it checked out I'm sure your fine. He told me some people spot all through the pregnancy.
  • They didn't do an ultrasound at your doctor's appointment? I had a lot of bright red bleeding right around 10 weeks, and was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma. The baby's fine, but I basically have a bruise on my uterus. It's not a big deal - so don't freak out that you didn't get an ultrasound and might have one. It just gave me peace of mind to know there was a cause for the bleeding and it wasn't affecting the baby. Glad you got to hear that sweet heartbeat!!
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had bleeding at 13 weeks twice before. The first was light brown and then turned red and that was the beginning of our mc. HOWEVER, we found out the baby had passed about 2 -3 weeks earlier. You're baby is alive, and that makes a huge difference.

The second time, I had enough dark black blood that I needed liner. But, baby was just fine.
  • Request an ultrasound. I had bright red bleeding and have for 7 weeks now. I have a hematoma in my uterus behind placenta. This are according to my doctor pretty common
  • @mrspepper05 in Canada they only do u/s at 20 weeks or at 12 if you have a history of genetic disorders (NT screen) or a dating u/s at 12 weeks to date the pregnancy.
    My family doctor said where it was one instance of bleeding that if the HB is fine and cervix looks good that there's no reason for an u/s. We don't have equipment in each office or anything like that.
    Sometimes it can be stressful, I wish I got a sneak peak at baby every appointment.
  • I bled at 13w with my daughter and they never really figured out why. One big gush, soaked through my underwear, really freaky. They did an u/s at labor and delivery because it was the weekend (of course) and sent me home saying everything looked good but to take it easy. Never happened again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually have a polyp on my ovary and tats y I was spotting in my 1st trimester.. It had nothing to do with the pregnancy...
  • Yep happened with both of my boys.  Last pregnancy they said I had a SCH.  They put me on pelvic rest for 4 weeks. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Oh wow. So glad to have so much support. Thanks everyone. A scary couple of hours last night. But I'm feeling much better now about the whole thing.