Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC Month #5 ~ New symptoms

Hello! My husband and I have been trying now for 5 months. I'm on cycle day 24 of a 27-28 day cycle. I'm trying to hold out a few more days before taking a test to see if AF comes on the usual day which will be Saturday in this case. Every month I've had minimal symptoms but I always felt like "this time it's the one". This month, I feel like my stomach has more cramping than usual and I always have a weird feeling in there, it's hard to describe. I've had sharp pain in my nipples a few times after conception (if it occurred). I do remember a sharp pain or cramp about 6-7 days after ovulation. Has anyone had any success with minimal symptoms or did you have any similar to mine and was successful?

Re: TTC Month #5 ~ New symptoms

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited September 2015
    Everyone is different so you can't base your symptoms off of someone else's.  Some women have no symptoms, some women have a few that they chalk up to AF.  You won't know until you get a bfp.  Also, this is a Trying to Get Pregnant bored so many of us, including myself, have never been pregnant.   

I have months where I have no symptoms and still get AF and I have some where I have all the symptoms and still get AF. I understand its hard not to do but symptom spotting will drive you crazy. They're not reliable.  If you think you might be pregnant then POAS.
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • karit12 said:

Hello! My husband and I have been trying now for 5 months. I'm on cycle day 24 of a 27-28 day cycle. I'm trying to hold out a few more days before taking a test to see if AF comes on the usual day which will be Saturday in this case. Every month I've had minimal symptoms but I always felt like "this time it's the one". This month, I feel like my stomach has more cramping than usual and I always have a weird feeling in there, it's hard to describe. I've had sharp pain in my nipples a few times after conception (if it occurred). I do remember a sharp pain or cramp about 6-7 days after ovulation. Has anyone had any success with minimal symptoms or did you have any similar to mine and was successful?

Wait a couple days and take a HPT, only way to know.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • ReesaAnne16ReesaAnne16 member
    edited September 2015
    I'm hoping you don't get flamed too terribly for this post.

Since all of us are still trying to get pregnant, we won't be able to answer your question about whether symptoms like yours mean you're pregnant. Read the rules for newbies at the top of the forums. Most of those symptoms could be anything... Gas, indigestion, AF coming, ect ect. Take a HPT if you're wondering. 

A better place for a post like this is in the TWW thread for today (Tuesday). Good luck.

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• karit12 said:

If your symptoms are related to pregnancy you can turn a test positive.

• I am on Month 5 of TTC as well so I know how frustrating it can be month after month. I hope it turns out to be a bfp for you, but unfortunately each month can have weird symptoms. I had cramping last month AND was two days late, unfortunately af arrived. As pp's have mentioned many of us (myself included) have never been pregnant, hence why we are on the TTC board. Try not to read into "symptoms" because it will drive you crazy!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• As this is a Trying to Get Pregnant group, I recommend heading over to 1st Trimester to ask this question.

• As others have said most of us have never been pregnant which is why we're still trying for a baby. I suppose a few people on this board are trying for #2+ but still. Also as a few PPs have pointed out if you're pregnant you'll be able to get a positive HPT soon.

However, that being said, my advice here is to not obsess over symptoms. I have had many cycles where I get a lot of back pain, cramping, weird pulling/stabbing sensations, lower abdominal/pelvic pain, breast tenderness, sore nipples, extreme fatigue, appetite changes, food cravings, food aversions, etc. Pretty much any symptom you could possibly get before a positive test. After who knows how many cycles with all sorts of random combinations of the above I still have not been successful in my TTC efforts. What I've learned now that DH and I have been TTC for about 8 months is that you really cannot read anything at all into symptoms and if you try you will drive yourself insane.

One of the other forums I read frequently points out that the pregnancy symptoms one would experience before being able to turn a positive HPT would all be caused by progesterone. Unfortunately, PMS symptoms are also caused by progesterone. What this means is that essentially PMS symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are going to be impossible for nearly all women to tell apart except perhaps in hindsight.

Countdowntopregnancy.com has a list of 70ish "early pregnancy symptoms" with the frequency they've been reported on both pregnant and non-pregnant charts that were submitted to the site and I noticed that (at least when I last checked) not a single symptom is unique to early pregnancy.

Best of luck to you in your TTC journey.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• karit12 said:
    Try your best not to symptom spot, I know it's difficult.  One woman's experience  has no bearing on your own.  In fact one woman's experience has no bearing on that same woman's experience later in life. Every woman and every pregnancy is different.  If your symptoms are pregnancy related, you're far enough along to turn a positive test.

Also, just curious how you know you're on a 27-28 day cycle and/or when you ovulated.  Do you temp? Chart? Otherwise track?  

• I keep track of my cycle on the Ovia app on my phone. I've been using at home ovulation tests to know I ovulate around day 12.
  • karit12 said:
    I keep track of my cycle on the Ovia app on my phone. I've been using at home ovulation tests to know I ovulate around day 12.
    @karit12 Hi OP! Ovulation Predictor Kits do not confirm ovulation. The only reliable way to confirm that ovulation has actually occurred is by temping with a BBT. OPKs only detect an LH surge BEFORE ovulation has taken place.
  • While OPKs and apps like Ovia can help to estimate, they're never going to pinpoint ovulation. Your LH surge (what OPKs measure) can occur 12-48 hours before you ovulate and many women get multiple LH surges in a month. Temping is the only way to confirm at home when you ovulate. 

As other PPs said, this isn't really an appropriate question for this board. We try to not encourage symptom spotting around here. If you'd like, you could join the daily TWW (two week wait) threads. Lots of us are on there giving and receiving support. Your symptoms could mean anything or nothing. The only way to know is if you take a test. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016