November 2015 Moms
Options

Toenails

Hey ladies! Kinda gross question, but are you guys still cutting your own toenails? I had a mani/pedi for my birthday about a month ago but wanted my toenails cut tonight and was having a hard time bending myself into a position to cut them. Asked DH for some help and he got repulsed and called me gross and said no way! I guess I don't blame him because I wouldn't want to cut someone else's toenails (with the exception of my children) but if he needed my help and asked then I would probably just suck it up and cut his toenails! :(

Re: Toenails

• Options
    I do. It's all about technique. I sit partially reclined and cross my leg so my foot is in my lap. I'm 31 weeks with twins and cut mine last week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sitting on the couch and putting one foot on top of my knee works for cutting. Wouldn't attempt painting the toenails that way though.
  • Options
    Just get another pedicure :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lol on Sunday I sat staring at my toenails thinking how badly I need to cut them but my feet were sooooo far away. But I did what @Bettytteb did and sat on the couch with my foot on my knee.

But we'll see if I cut them again before baby comes. Lol. May treat myself to a pedicure instead
  • Options
    Just gave myself a little pedicure today. I sit "indian style" not super comfy but gets the job done.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I cut and painted mine last week. I used the same method of crossing on leg on my lap and bending over slightly to see. It was pretty uncomfortable though and I don't know if I'll be able to do it for much longer. If it's too painful and your husband still refuses I would take that as his encouragement to get a pedicure. Treat yourself! <:-P
  • Options
    I can cut them but painting, no way. Just got a pedicure last week. So much easier and not to mention super relaxing.
  • Options
    I sucked it up and cut them myself. He didn't even ask me what happened. Lol... I'm definitely going to try and sneak in another pedicure before baby :)
  • Options
    I have been getting pedicures since like 24 weeks. I could definitely reach then and even now at 35 weeks depending on the position of the baby I could do it myself, but pedicures are my one spoil of pregnancy.
  • Options
    I have been getting pedicures since 25 weeks. I love being pampered!
  • Options
    I get pedicures every 3 weeks. Can't bend over and won't even bother trying pretzalling my body to reach my toes lol
  • Options
    My feet are too ticklish to handle pedicures :( I still try but I start twitching and they usually give up before I accidentally kick them in the face lol. I cut and polished my own about a week ago and it was tough, I did the same leg in lap trick!
  • Options
    I managed mine the other day at 35 weeks. I had to have a lie down in between the filing/shaping and the panting ad it's not my best work.
  • Options
    Awwww dh come on!!! My fiancé does mine for me I am useless with toenail clippers was bought up to use the scissors and we don't have any so even when not preg he does mine his and our daughters haha! Lucky me :)
  • Options
    crysgx said:
    My feet are too ticklish to handle pedicures :( I still try but I start twitching and they usually give up before I accidentally kick them in the face lol. I cut and polished my own about a week ago and it was tough, I did the same leg in lap trick!
    My sister treated me to my first pedicure this weekend, before my shower, and it was amazing...but oh so ticklish! We're both extremely ticklish, and probably looked like little kids giggling uncontrollably when they did the scrub on the bottom of our feet! 

As to OP- I am still mostly able to cut my own toenails, thought it's definitely more complicated these days. I think the easiest way for me is to sit on the couch and put my foot on the edge of the coffee table, or to stand and put my foot up on the counter (while having DH nearby to stabilize me just in case!)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    I guess I was feeling sorry for myself being out of breath trying to cut my toenails so I thought I'd ask him. Now I really REALLY wonder what he would say if I brought up the lawn surrounding my baby door ;;)
  • Options
    Cut and painted mine the other day, it wasn't comfortable, but I was able to get it done. SO was nottt budging when I asked him to paint them.
  • Options
    I can barely cut mine. It involves a lot of bending and huffing and puffing and it's not a good cut. I've been getting pedicures every few weeks here lately. No way could I paint them or clean them up.
  • Options
    I tried painting my toenails around 31 weeks. It looks like I'd never painted them before. The paint is chipped and peeling but I don't think I'll bother repainting at this point. No ones going to judge a pregnant woman for poorly painted toenails