November 2015 Moms

fairly terrified:/ **update**

edited October 2015 in November 2015 Moms
today at my appointment my doctor noted that my blood pressure was on the very high side. we took it 4-5 times just to be sure. Well long story short, I'm having more tests done but there is a possibility that i might be developing preeclampsia. so needless to say I'm freaking out. so I guess I'm just asking for thoughts and prayers because I'm so scared. i have a long history of health issues and this is my first child. Not to mention I've had heart and blood pressure problems throughout my entire pregnancy.

sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling...

**update**

currently don't quite hit the mark for preeclampsia, thank God!! bp still high tho... And with how much swelling I've had its a good possibility that I'll develop preeclampsia, plus with other health factors. For now we're both good:) but the likelihood of making it to our Nov 14 due date is slim to none.

Re: fairly terrified:/ **update**

• I'm sorry Pre-E, Eclampsia and HELLP are all very scary. If your blood pressure is in the danger zone it is safer for both you and baby to deliver. You are in my T&Ps.
  • Prayers everything works out! I'm actually in the opposite boat... I have low to low normal blood pressure so I constantly have to be careful bc I will pass out. The dr is worried about the medicine he put me on for contractions as it can lower your blood pressure too and he said the epidural could bottom me out...
  • Loading the player...
  • Thoughts and prayers! Please keep us updated!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Thoughts and prayers!!!
  • Prayers everything works out! I'm actually in the opposite boat... I have low to low normal blood pressure so I constantly have to be careful bc I will pass out. The dr is worried about the medicine he put me on for contractions as it can lower your blood pressure too and he said the epidural could bottom me out...

I have the same issue! With my first pregnancy I ended up passing out and with my last pregnancy, I almost passed out a few times after the pain medicine. I am suppose to be speaking to the dr about what to do this time. Prayers for you to not pass out, it's so scary and after, they take the baby away for the night! :(
  • Praying for you and baby.
  • I'm sorry. I hope everything turns out a okay for you and your little one!
  • If you just have high blood pressure don't panic just yet. High blood pressure is a system of pre-e but you can also just have pregnancy induced hypertension (high blood pressure). I had high blood pressure with DS, once my blood pressure went up the dr put me on bed rest and I had 2 appointments a week, but I never developed pre-e. I was induced at 40 weeks (dr gave me the option to be induced sooner but I choose to wait because everything looked good except my blood pressure).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had high BP with DD, Dr told me to go on bedrest and I told him no but I would take it easy. I was induced at 39w 3d because BP kept trending up, swelling wasn't going down, DD was measuring big (9lbs 10oz), and I wouldn't go on bedrest. I hope it is just high blood pressure and not pre e I will say a prayer for you tonight.
  • Prayers and best Wishes
  • I have HBP too, my Dr's have me coming in twice a week to monitor through NST and ultrasound.  They already told me to plan on being induced at 37 weeks.  Its scary but from what i've heard, its fairly common.  
    Best wishes to you!! 
  • Wishing you & your LO the best of luck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If you just have high blood pressure don't panic just yet. High blood pressure is a system of pre-e but you can also just have pregnancy induced hypertension (high blood pressure). I had high blood pressure with DS, once my blood pressure went up the dr put me on bed rest and I had 2 appointments a week, but I never developed pre-e. I was induced at 40 weeks (dr gave me the option to be induced sooner but I choose to wait because everything looked good except my blood pressure).

This. I made it to 41 weeks on bed rest and never developed pre-e. Just PIH- pregnancy indices high BP.
  • Thinking of you, hopefully all turns out well.
  • Best of luck to you and LO!
  • My doctor diagnosed me with mild preeclampsia last week due to high bp, went to an appointment today and my bp was my normal and my LO is doing just fine, if things keep going this way, then we have a good shot at making our November 12th due date. I have to have a weekly u/s and NST. 

Keep your head up, and try not to stress too badly. Worst case scenario, you are developing it BUT they're keeping an eye on it and monitoring you and your LO. You've got this momma! Sending you all the best wishes and thoughts! Keep us updated!