February 2016 Moms

Crib color...

I just wanted to see what majority of you ladies perferred in crib color. We have painted our nursey white and have some darker color wood trim. Still not sure of crib color. Would love yalls imputs on the shades/stains of the different cribs. Also, as a FTM I keep seeing the cribs have a fixed side. Does this mean the side doesnt drop down? ( may be a sill questions, im sorry!)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Crib color...

• Yes, drop side cribs are unsafe and it's not legal to sell them anymore. Make sure whatever crib you end up with doesn't have them, or has been fixed with a kit (which you can get free from the manufacturer).

Our crib is light grey. It fits our aesthetic :)
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • For DS we went with espresso and had a jungle theme. For baby girl we are doing white and haven't picked a theme yet. I love they grey ones but figured we would stick to more classic and less trendy since we went with the convertible set and plan on having it for years to come.
  • Loading the player...
  • kbedfoxkbedfox member
    edited September 2015
    Our nursery has gray walls/white trim, but a mix of dark wood and white furniture. Not sure what color glider/rocker we will have yet, but we decided this two-tone crib kind of pulls everything together (espresso/white). https://www.target.com/p/babyletto-hudson-3-in-1-convertible-crib-with-toddler-rail/-/A-13985868#prodSlot=medium_1_6

I think with white/wood, you could really go with any shade or stain. I tried to talk DH into a green crib for a pop of color! Do you have any accent colors in mind (curtains, chair, etc)? Or a dresser you could match the crib to? I think drop down side is a safety hazard, but not sure.

Edit: Pic was all wonky, added the link instead.

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• My first 3 children used the same crib and furniture. Which is a solid pine. With my fourth and last baby we decided to buy all new furniture. We are going for a grey color.
  • @natsfans84 I really want to make her nursery with the corals, aqua, mints and gold colors. It will surely have color! It's a tiny room and though white walls would make it look larger.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm doing our nursery in blues, greens, and greys. We have white baseboards and doors in our house, so I'm planning on either white or grey for the crib color.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • White will blend if you want it to look more spacious but if you want the crib to be the focal point, I'd go with color or dark wood. We have white but our walls are grey.
  • I wanted to do a soft grey but something is telling me not too.. I do love a white crib for a girl. Now I am stuck on Pottery Barn for Kids! Love it!
  • I want to buy all white furniture for both my girls room. I do like white furniture for girls.
  • I personally like the look of white cribs, with DS I originally wanted white but DH pointed out that if we used the convertible function, a teenage boy may not want a white bed. I agreed that espresso is more universal so we went with that. Now I'm having a girl who will also use the espresso crib, but I don't think it's going to last long enough to convert to a full bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have a light gray crib/furniture. The walls are aqua and the room will have white accents
  • xkatiekxxkatiekx member
    edited September 2015
    We bought our crib prior to learning the sex of the baby. We debated going with a gray crib and found several we liked until I stumbled upon a nice convertible crib that came in black. We ended up going with that and now that we know we are having a boy we will be using blues and greens to add color as our walls are white and our trim is a darker brown.

Edit - words and I don't mix today
  • We're going with white :) soooo much easier to coordinate (in my mind) because I don't have to try and match stains if I'm buying from different brands.
  • I like dark woods so we did espresso for baby#1. This time around the manufacturer doesn't have the color so we went with a natural wood color they called cocoa. Hopefully it's not too light for my tastes! I honestly don't care about it matching with trim/other colors haha.
  • We have an expresso crib from DS that we are using both this baby. It is a convertible but we moved DS into a twin bed around 2 years old. We will see what we do with this baby or if we end up thinking about a third after this one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went with white because it was easy to match with stuff. We also have white trim and oak flooring so white looked best.
  • I didn't even think of white for a girl vs. a boy! DS's room is going to be ocean/surf themed so whites, greens, blues mostly. His bed may be white because it's easier to find and goes with more themes as he grows up.
  • Our crib was espresso. It was a pretty expensive crib but I didn't think to put rail protectors on so it was quite chewed up thanks to my toddler. I also really wanted a white crib this time around for her nursery but couldn't justify buying another one so I sanded down our espresso one and painted it white, hoping for the best. Surprisingly, it looks really good and I'm loving it. I am really into the white cribs right now, but was all about espresso a few years ago. It's definitely personal preference.
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • ashcody2ashcody2 member
    edited September 2015
    The bedroom that will be baby's nursery has one gray wall and the rest are a deep blue that we will be painting aqua - I really want to get a white crib this time around. We had a mahogany colored one for DS that my SIL lent us - I don't like that crib so I will be buying a used one off CL or a local BST site. 

edit: spelling
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have gray walls, white trim and blinds, and espresso/dark cherry furniture. It sounds like white or dark wood would work well with your room.

• Our nursery is gray walls and a white crib.  
  • We have white.
  • Our crib is expresso and white. It is super modern and it was great because we could choose either color dresser and book shelf.

I love decorating kids room, it is a real passion for me. I have almost thought of doing it on the side. Have fun with it!
  • My DS' crib is an espresso color. I wanted to do white for our little girl but it'd be more cost effective to use DS' crib. I doubt my hubby would want to paint it, either lol! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have a white crib. I love it!
  • We are just reusing DD crib with DS. It's white.
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • When we had our daughter, we did the nursery with white walls and black trim so we could change her theme without having to paint the walls.  Still love the ease, but we did black furniture.  Totally not thinking about how quick black shows dust.  Now with number 2 on the way, it's not as easy to find another black crib, but we did.  The color you choose depends on how long you plan on using it - for the whole childhood (or longer) or just until the next baby comes along.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We went with natural birch. since our theme is Viking/Scandinavian we just stuck with natural wood accents all around.
  • As we're team green we're going for a white and cappuccino walls with grey cot and changing unit and nursing chair. That way I can just add colour when baby is here. I love the idea of pink and gold for a baby girl looks lovely.