January 2016 Moms

Vomiting and diarrhea at 6 months?!

I've been up during the night 5 times in the last 7 days vomiting and diarrhea (at the same time DX) I've been between doctors, midwives and antenatal ward, but I keep getting told it's a 48 hour bug?
Anyone else have this issue?

Re: Vomiting and diarrhea at 6 months?!

• I get the same way if I don't eat with my prenatals. But last night at 23 wks that happened to me out of nowhere. I hate that feeling, like you're going to die. Lol I just assumed it was something I ate while on the road from out of town.
  • I'm 24 weeks and it started at 23 weeks? I feel like I'm being fobbed off by the doctors, there's no way a bug could last 8 days and be every 2-3 nights?
  • Loading the player...
  • Could it be something you are eating in the evening? Even if it agreed with you before it may be turning on you now. Make sure you are staying hydrated and if adjusting your night routine does nothing then I'd refuse to take no for an answer at your doctor's office. I'd agree with you that it's not a stomach bug at this point.
  • I had the stomach flu or some kind of stomach thing last winter (not while preg). For Monday through Weds I threw up like at least 1x every hour and then got some zofran---on Saturday I was still nauseous. So I agree with you to keep following up but just wanted to add that stomach bugs can take time to work themselves out of your system.
  • I work in a restaurant so my diet hasnt changed? And anything I eat, my colleagues would eat and they haven't been sick? Like on Saturday I had a margarita pizza and fries and I was fine, I had the same for my break at 6pm last night and I was up again