Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Help! Peanut Allergy?

Hi, my 15 month old has had peanut butter for the last five months. This morning, he ate a peanut butter banana breakfast bar that I made him. He now has what looks like hives on his back and belly, but is acting fine - no trouble breathing, no itchiness. Could he have all of a sudden had a reaction to the peanut butter? It's all I can think of that would make him break out like this. He is teething, but I can't imagine that would make him break out. Any thoughts?

Re: Help! Peanut Allergy?

• Options
    mrstraxmrstrax member
    edited October 2015
    Sounds like a question for his ped. It could be a lot of things - new shirt/detergent, the teething, something he got into outside, a virus or all sorts of allergiens. In the mean time I wouldn't give him more of the bars until you're at/near an allergist. I hope it all clears up fast!
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrstrax said:
    Sounds like a question for his ped. It could be a lot of things - new shirt/detergent, the teething, something he got into outside, a virus or all sorts of allergiens. In the mean time I wouldn't give him more of the bars until your at/near an allergist. I hope it all clears up fast!

This!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely agree with PPs. Call your Pedi!! It is absolutely possible to develope an allergy to something you've had many times before.