Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Water for 8 1/2 month old

does anyone know if it's safe to I've a 8 1/2month old water? How much and how often? I could call pedi but don't feel like getting on the phone haha!!

Re: Water for 8 1/2 month old

• Options
    It's totally fine. I've been giving my daughter water since she was about that age. I offer it in a straw cup with each meal.
  • Options
    Yes. We started giving water at 4 mos at therapist request to cup train. Straw cup worked best for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How much?
  • Options
    However much you want. She probably won't drink a ton.
  • Options
    I give him sips here and there and he really likes it. I knew I could but I also knew that it's not safe when they are younger. We are trying to get used to a supply cup and he's not having a super hard time, he gets frustrated when he's really hungry and he can't figure it out right away. So I thought if we did some water and not at mealtimes it would be easier for him.
  • Options
    I give him sips here and there and he really likes it. I knew I could but I also knew that it's not safe when they are younger. We are trying to get used to a supply cup and he's not having a super hard time, he gets frustrated when he's really hungry and he can't figure it out right away. So I thought if we did some water and not at mealtimes it would be easier for him.

At 8.5 months old it's totally fine and safe to give him water, whenever you want to. If you are concerned, call the Pedi and ask.
  • Options
    At 8.5 months they should be drinking milkshakes and coke. Sounds like he's a little behind.
  • Options
    I give my 8 month old about 2 oz at mealtime. If I'm not doing a fruit then I may even do an oz or 2 of juice of some kind.
  • Options
    At 8.5 months they should be drinking milkshakes and coke. Sounds like he's a little behind.

Only diet coke though.
  • Options
    Yep, totally fine. Mine has been drinking water since 6 months. I think I read somewhere at this age they can have about 2.5-4 oz a day.