Infertility

12 dpiui BFN

i got a BFN on a cheep dollar store test today. Is there any hope or should I start preparing for my next round. I think it will be IVF.

Re: 12 dpiui BFN

• @alexiskiriluk Sorry to hear. Do you record your basal temps? Any possible early pregnancy symptoms? Where are you in your TTC journey?
    Sending good thoughts.
  • I don't. I'm on progesterone so the symptoms are so hard to keep separate. I had a little spotting yesterday after I posted this and a little this morning. So either AF is on her way or maybe late implantation? I have never spotted before my period, it normally shows up full force.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had spotting my last go around as well, BFN. My doc said it is a side effect of one of the meds I was taking, I think he said it was the progesterone, but I could be wrong and it was another.

I am sorry for your BFN. FX it happens so for you.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Wait! No, don't give up! Lol. Implantation can happen between day 6 to 12, so it could have just implanted. Give it until day 14... Wait for your period or test again.
  • Sorry, I did not mean to come across so negative, @BBJones0105 is right, do not give up hope just yet, it could just be a late commer to the party! That was just my experience above. FX that it happens for you THIS time!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • @alexiskiriluk - just thought of something else! They say the ept test is great and probably more accurate than a dollar store test. Also , I recently saw an article about the new photoshop trend so people can see the pregnancy tests better. Lol. Maybe you really have a faint line, but it's not visible to the eye yet
  • @alexiskiriluk do you have a beta scheduled?  I usually do a beta at 14dpiui and it will pick up more than a HPT.  Seems too early to lose hope.

@vssbrm I didn't think you came off rude at all, just giving your experience.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Thanks ladies! I started spotting yesterday morning, nothing all day and then I had more spotting this morning, but it's not my period. I have my beta tomorrow. We will see!
  • GL! The beta will have your answers.

• Good point about possible late implantation. My AF is never late so I'm never really in a position of whether to test or not. But try not to lose hope!
  • Can't wait to find out! Let us know! >:D<
  • @BBJones0105 what is the photoshop test? Does manipulating the colors allow you to see a super faint line? I would never have thought of that. Next time I test that is a clever way to make sure I am not just telling myself I see a faint line!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Yes.  You can google it.  It's called "tweeking"
  • Well, the spotting turned into aunt flow....
    The wine will be flowing this evening....
    Thanks for all of your responses ladies. Off to IVF and really freaked out.
  • Uggh, sorry to hear that. AF is so rude

• @alexiskiriluk I'm sorry this was not the cycle to be.  Hoping IVF does the trick for you!  I, too, am 12dpo and tested negative.  I'm still holding out a bit of hope, even if I'm afraid of being let down more.  Enjoy the wine tonight, and be gentle to yourself.
  • @alexiskiriluk so sorry to read this. My fingers are crossed for you and IVF. You got this!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Thanks! I am hoping IVF does the trick. I have been pregnant 3 times unassisted ( 1 was a MC) which makes this is so frustrating. I thought IUI would for sure work, but clearly not.
    @piperella Good luck. FX! Hope you get a BFP in a few days!
  • @alexiskiriluk, I'm sorry it didn't work out :( wine truly is the best medicine tho. I hope IVF give you a positive! After I test for pregnancy next Wednesday, and it's either a BFN or ectopic, then I too switch to IVF...
  • @BBJones0105 I hope you get a BFP!!
  • Thank you! Me too! And I hope it ends up on the right place this time if it is a BFN! Lol