November 2015 Moms
Options

I took a tumble today :(

I was standing on a foot rest ... Using it as a foot stool to put some blankets in the closet and it started tipping over. I tried to catch my self but I ended up just landed on the little plastic dresser drawer
I didn't fall on my belly but I landed pretty hard on left thigh. Should I still go see a doctor even though I'm not experiencing any other symptoms? I'm 34 weeks btw

Re: I took a tumble today :(

• Options
    Definitely call and see what nurse or doctor says. Also do kick counts make sure your getting fetal movement.
  • Options
    Sj220433Sj220433 member
    edited September 2015
    I suggest calling your Dr. I took a spill in the shower, didn't land on my belly either around 30 weeks. They had me come in and monitored me in the family center for four hours. They tend to error on the side of caution this late in pregnancy. I was surprised, but grateful they were so thorough. I'm sure everything is fine, but it will give you peace of mind is you speak to someone. That looks like it ouches!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ouch, I am hurting for you. 
    You are the best one to judge how strong/violent your fall was. If you hit the floor hard, it is a pretty strong shake and you should call your doctor. If you fell gracefully and the thigh took the most of the shake you are probably fine.

• Options
    poupoule said:

Ouch, I am hurting for you. 

You are the best one to judge how strong/violent your fall was. If you hit the floor hard, it is a pretty strong shake and you should call your doctor. If you fell gracefully and the thigh took the most of the shake you are probably fine.

This and also you should Atleast call and let them know you fell that way if anything happens they can know what the possible cause of the issue is.. Just to be on the safe side of things
  • Options
    Better to be safe then sorry - I am sure that bubba is fine and wouldn't have even noticed the commotion outside of belly but just for your own peace of mind :)
  • Options
    There was a thread about this the other day and a ton of us have fallen recently