3rd Trimester

My hair didn't grow

All those things they told us would happen when we got pregnant. Anything happen the opposite of what the literature says is typical? For me, my hair didn't become thicker (thank god) or grow faster (boo-urns). My hair growth slowed to a crawl. The upside to this is that I haven't had to shave much throughout the summer.

Re: My hair didn't grow

• All those things they told us would happen when we got pregnant. Anything happen the opposite of what the literature says is typical?

For me, my hair didn't become thicker (thank god) or grow faster (boo-urns). My hair growth slowed to a crawl. The upside to this is that I haven't had to shave much throughout the summer.

Just like allllllllll the other pregnancy symptoms, not all of them happen to everyone.
  • All those things they told us would happen when we got pregnant. Anything happen the opposite of what the literature says is typical? For me, my hair didn't become thicker (thank god) or grow faster (boo-urns). My hair growth slowed to a crawl. The upside to this is that I haven't had to shave much throughout the summer.
    Just like allllllllll the other pregnancy symptoms, not all of them happen to everyone.

Yeah. For sure. Of course, some happen to a majority of women and it's interesting to see who found they had the opposite happen to them, to kind of build a picture. Like the overheating thing. That doesn't happen to me either.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've also found that the hair on the rest of my body has stopped growing so quickly which is great. And although the hair on my head isn't growing super fast like I thought it would, it also doesn't shed at all.

• My hair didn't grow more/stop falling out less, I haven't had to wax eyebrows or upper lip since becoming pregnant and half my eyelashes on my left eye fell out months ago.
    I don't ever overheat, my nausea and vomiting did not stop in the second trimester and continues to this day, and my migraines (legitimate head in a toilet bowl for 1-3 days and pain that will only subside with a trip to L&D for pain meds) increased from 1 every few months pre-pregnancy to 1-2 a week since the beginning of my second trimester.
    Oh yeah and the one about your first baby coming late? Mine tried to sneak out last week @ 30 weeks for no reason with contractions 1-3 minutes apart for 3 hours and a frantic L&D doctor attempting to stop them (they did after multiple rounds of meds).
    Everyone's pregnancy is definitely different and I'd count mine as pretty atypical.
  • My body hair growth is out of control! I've noticed that this whole "glowing" symptom is a myth though. Lol
  • lynem29 said:
    My hair didn't grow more/stop falling out less, I haven't had to wax eyebrows or upper lip since becoming pregnant and half my eyelashes on my left eye fell out months ago. I don't ever overheat, my nausea and vomiting did not stop in the second trimester and continues to this day, and my migraines (legitimate head in a toilet bowl for 1-3 days and pain that will only subside with a trip to L&D for pain meds) increased from 1 every few months pre-pregnancy to 1-2 a week since the beginning of my second trimester. Oh yeah and the one about your first baby coming late? Mine tried to sneak out last week @ 30 weeks for no reason with contractions 1-3 minutes apart for 3 hours and a frantic L&D doctor attempting to stop them (they did after multiple rounds of meds). Everyone's pregnancy is definitely different and I'd count mine as pretty atypical.

Holy hannah, I'm SO glad you managed to get those contractions under control. How are you feeling now?
  • My hair grew like 5 inches! Unfortunately my body hair has been growing just as fast and shaving is a bitchh!