March 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnancy similarities

for those who are second or more time moms: how similar were your pregnancies?

My daughter (now 2) had me breaking out early and a lot, I had canker sores, I had many food aversions, not much nausea but very tired. Then at nearly 17 weeks I got very very sick (while driving, it was traumatizing) and then morning sickness was done.

Now with number two, I haven't broken out much at all, had early nausea that was constant, nagging and lasted longer. A little tired but not as much as before. Up until last night I was a completely different pregnancy. Then at nearly 17 weeks I got very very sick for the first time. When I looked at the clock I realized that I am pretty sure it was the exact same time when I was sick with number 1.

Curious to know if others have similar or totally different pregnancies!

Re: Pregnancy similarities

• Options
    First 5 pregnancies not a single symptom other than crazy heartburn in the last trimester (and 5 healthy babies). Although, I've suffered with varicose veins since I was a teen and with every pregnancy they've gotten a little worse. This one, I'm experiencing all the (not so) fun I missed before. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    ClaireBear90ClaireBear90 member
    edited September 2015
    Similarities: morning sickness into the second trimester, complete exhaustion in the first trimester, heartburn later in the pregnancy.

Differences: first time I threw up every day, second time I threw up occasionally when a smell or something triggered it, this time I (knock on wood) haven't thrown up yet. I've had some mild back pain which I didn't have until much later on with the other two. With the first two, I slept like a rock. This time I wake up more often, have more trouble falling back to sleep, and have to go to the bathroom during the night like the stereotypical pregnant woman. I also have fewer food aversions.

My perspective has changed too . . . I was a very self-pitying person during my first trimester with DD haha. Now that I have older kids, I've learned to just deal with the nausea and keep going. Diapers still need changing, kids still need feeding. :) It's been harder to rest this pregnancy with DS (18 months) always on the go. DD would sit and watch movies with me during the first trimester when I needed to lie down and rest. DS has zero interest in movies/TV, which overall I'm glad for, but it does mean that he entertains himself in more creative *cough* messy ways.

ETA: just to give you an idea, I cried almost every time I threw up during my first pregnancy. When I was pregnant with DS, I was spraying one of DD's poopy cloth diapers into the toilet AND throwing up at the same time because of the smell and laughing. :) It's life!
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was sick a little earlier this time, and it lasted longer. I'm not putting on as much weight. Running and exercising are easier, yet I'm more tired. Otherwise, its going by so much faster. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Similarities: morning sickness into the second trimester, complete exhaustion in the first trimester, heartburn later in the pregnancy.

Differences: first time I threw up every day, second time I threw up occasionally when a smell or something triggered it, this time I (knock on wood) haven't thrown up yet. I've had some mild back pain which I didn't have until much later on with the other two. With the first two, I slept like a rock. This time I wake up more often, have more trouble falling back to sleep, and have to go to the bathroom during the night like the stereotypical pregnant woman. I also have fewer food aversions.

My perspective has changed too . . . I was a very self-pitying person during my first trimester with DD haha. Now that I have older kids, I've learned to just deal with the nausea and keep going. Diapers still need changing, kids still need feeding. :) It's been harder to rest this pregnancy with DS (18 months) always on the go. DD would sit and watch movies with me during the first trimester when I needed to lie down and rest. DS has zero interest in movies/TV, which overall I'm glad for, but it does mean that he entertains himself in more creative *cough* messy ways.

ETA: just to give you an idea, I cried almost every time I threw up during my first pregnancy. When I was pregnant with DS, I was spraying one of DD's poopy cloth diapers into the toilet AND throwing up at the same time because of the smell and laughing. :) It's life!
    Yes! I think that's a big part of it l. With a toddler I don't have time to feel sorry for myself so maybe I'm breezing over symptoms.

What's funny is I think it's another girl and everyone keeps commenting that different symptoms could mean boy. Getting sick at 17 weeks again this go round make me think it's a girl even more!
  • Options
    oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited September 2015
    My first two pregnancies were nearly identical (a little morning sickness, a little fatigue, never really felt any Braxton hicks contractions until very end of the second, just typical). With my first I had horrendous bilateral lower extremity edema, from working long shifts in the OR wearing heavy full body lead X-ray attire on my feet all day. (After he was born I became a SAHM, so dust work during my subsequent pregnancies.) I also had SPD with them both, ending up on crutches the last few weeks of my second pregnancy. Fast labors. My third pregnancy was so different from the first two! I had occasional bleeding, I had BH cntx earlier, I was very sick until 18 weeks, the SPD started even earlier (but went away about the time I ended up on crutches with the prior baby). I was breastfeeding my second baby through this whole pregnancy. A lot more fetal movement. I had a lot more back pain. Everything just felt very different; hard to explain. That labor was even faster. 4th pregnancy was a mc. And now this time, I feel more like I did with the third baby. Have been sicker than the first two, but seems to have abated sooner than the third. Fatigue is about the same. No SPD yet hank goodness. We never find out the sex until birth.
    #1 is a boy, #2 is a girl, #3 is a boy
    Every pregnancy I've been unable to eat pork/ham but i can eat bacon. Weird.

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    This is pregnancy number 5 for me. I have 3 girls. The m/s has gotten slightly better with each of them. This time it was much more manageable than with the rest, but I threw up way more.

Food aversions stayed the same... Everything made me sick.

Dh's cologne has made me sick each time, even though he's had to switch colognes and never go back each time.

With #3, I craved meat all the time. And stick margarine, even the sight of it, made me throw up, and I hated bacon.

• Options
    This is my third(boy, girl, and we don't know yet) and all three of mine have been pretty similar. Similar morning sickness starting around the same times, stuffy nose, difficulty sleeping etc. This one I'm still having occasional nausea, which I didn't have at this point (16 weeks) with the others.

My boobs really hurt with my first, but not 2 or 3. I gained more weight with my first and was more swollen. Second and third I have been much better about exercising. I felt so much better during third trimester of my second pregnancy, and hope the exercise will help that again!

• Options
    This pregnancy is very different than with DS. With him, the urge to throw up would come randomly, I would throw up and be fine. This time I'm nauseous all day every day and have only thrown up once. With DS I was over all my icky symptoms by 13 weeks. Here at 15.5 weeks I'm still nauseous, beyond tired, experiencing sore nipples (which I didn't have the first time), vivid dreams and constant peeing (also symptoms I didn't have the first time).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I've been really surprised at how different this pregnancy has been since the first. I've been SO much sicker this time, and the last time I had tons of cramping/stretching pain in the first trimester - none this pregnancy. By 12 weeks I was feeling great last time, and here I am at 15 weeks still having some nausea (but its slowly improving). Very different experience so far. 
    imageimage

• Options
    With DS I had very few symptoms and I was one of those crazy ladies that loved being pregnant. This time around, I am absolutely miserable. Morning sickness, complete exhaustion, my boobs are super sore, and I'm breaking out all over.
  • Options
    With DS I had very few symptoms and I was one of those crazy ladies that loved being pregnant. This time around, I am absolutely miserable. Morning sickness, complete exhaustion, my boobs are super sore, and I'm breaking out all over.
    I absolutely LOVE being pregnant!  For DD I loved it, and she was born 8 weeks early so I never got the "I'm ready for it to be over" feeling either.  That may be while I still love it :)
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    charley15 said:

I absolutely LOVE being pregnant!  For DD I loved it, and she was born 8 weeks early so I never got the "I'm ready for it to be over" feeling either.  That may be while I still love it :)

Hahaha... You are so the opposite of me. I do not love being pregnant. I think it is awkward and uncomfortable.
  • Options

Hahaha... You are so the opposite of me. I do not love being pregnant. I think it is awkward and uncomfortable.

THIS! I confess to really not being someone who loves pregnancy. I think I've felt way more pregnant this time around just heavier and more lethargic than I remember feeling with DD. More broken out and much sorer boobs too. With her I was convinced based on symptoms (or lack thereof) that I was having a boy so I can't decide if my symptoms mean this one is a girl too or if the opposite means it's a boy. We'll know soon!
  • Options
    Weight gain is similar, heartbeats are similar, exhaustion is similar but was more sick with this baby than with the last. I've also had a lot of back pain already with this one which didn't start til later with the first. Geeky baby move 2 weeks earlier than with the first.
  • Options
    My second time now. Both times have been very similar. Hyperemesis with both, always tired, no acne, inability to sleep well. So far I just feel bigger this time and have more baby brain (so bad this time!)
  • Options
    Out of 6 pregnancies, this will be baby 5, the only thing I had similar was my cravings with my girls and heartburn during the last trimester. I had to have sweets within arms reach, whereas my pregnancy with my son was more healthy cravings. I don't know what this one is yet, 17 weeks, but I rarely want sweets. My morning sickness has become progressively worse with each pregnancy, this one is by far the worst.
  • Options
    Preg #1 (girl)crazy morning sickness up to 5m. Lost 20#
    Insomnia.
    Preg #2 no MS. Just some nausea here and there. Can't eat anything sweet whatsoever
    Always exhausted and able to sleep no issues. Horrible baby brain. Back pain.
  • Options
    These are fun to read! I have a lot of both similarities and differences from this pregnancy compared to DD. I am super nauseous like last time but last time I threw up every single day. This time it's rare that I actually puke but I feel like I'm going to most of the time. I have a ton of food aversions like with DD, especially with meat. I ended up being anemic towards the end so I'm trying to get iron in without eating meat this time! I crave similar things like cereal and sour candies. My asthma and allergies have gotten a lot worse like last time. And my hair and nails are awesome again but that's just the prenatal vitamins :)

What's different is that I feel so much more tired but obviously I have a toddler this time too. I also have very different emotions. With DD I had a huge range of extreme emotions and I overreacted about a lot of things. Everything annoyed me! This time I am super laid back and I have this overwhelming feeling of happiness and love. I am insanely lovey and snuggly. I'm lucky DH and DD are both natural snugglers or I would be smothering them! My skin is terrible this time, lots of acne, and last time it was like porcelain. So that's a bummer. I am feeling sore a lot quicker and showing faster but not gaining nearly as much weight as last time. But I also started out a lot heavier this time!
  • Options
    Second pregnancy here.

Similarities: Super sore boobs, major chicken aversion, fatigued first trimester

Differences: First go 'round the above three symptoms were all the symptoms I had, other than that I felt amazing. This time around serious morning sickness, more energy in the first trimester this time than the last but still fatigued into the second whereas last time by week 12 it was as though someone flipped a switch. Tons of food aversions this time, can't even look at most foods still. Problem skin, gassy, and round ligament pain this time too.
  • Options
    My first 2 pregnancies were different. First was a girl, I had ms much more with her and for longer, I was very moody/irritable and my placenta was in the front. With my second I had a boy and had a lot less ms and didn't feel moody or irritable, my placenta was in the back. This baby, I have had no ms at all, feel very moody/irritable again, and my placenta is in the front. I have a feeling I'm having a girl again. But we are going to be surprised on his/her birth day.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My 1st, 3rd were similiar I had no negative symptoms. Number 2 however I was sick to my stomache from early on until the end. Number 4 ended in misscarriage but while I was pregnant no negative symptoms. This one number 5 I have a hematoma so I been bleeding for 7 straight weeks and have had a backache and really tired, but no sickness. I think it varies on pregnancy.