February 2016 Moms
Options

Numbness/Tingling in hands & feet

I've read up on this and my symptoms all seem normal.  I would just like to hear from others, anyone else experiencing numbness in hands, fingers and feet that comes and goes?  Mine typically is at night, like I'll wake up with my hand numb or if I sit with my feet up my foot will go numb momentarily and then fade.  Its usually my right hand or foot.  This is my 2nd pregnancy, but I didn't experience anything like this with my first!
Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Numbness/Tingling in hands & feet

• Options
    I have carpal tunnel in both wrist during pregnancy due to the swelling and that causes the tingling and numbness during the night. I dont know about the feet. Sometimes vitamin deficiency can cause tingling/numbness in hands and feet... More Vitamin B12 than any (that I can think of) so you may want to check into that or make sure there is some in your vitamins!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you!  I'm not swelling that I can tell, but I'm thinking I may call my doctor tomorrow about it. 
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im not really swelling either, yet, but it has something to do with the ligaments swelling a bit and that causes the pressure on the nerves. If you try a wrist brace at night, they help a ton. Try any local pharmacy or walmart.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had a mini freak out last Thursday when my left arm went numb from the elbow down. It happened while I was eating cereal at the table and didn't go away until the next morning. My dr said it's somewhat normal in pregnancy and she also said it might be carpel tunnel. She told me to try to keep my wrists straight when I'm sleeping because people's natural tendency is to curl their hands forward and that strains the tendons

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    mcklough said:
    I had a mini freak out last Thursday when my left arm went numb from the elbow down. It happened while I was eating cereal at the table and didn't go away until the next morning. My dr said it's somewhat normal in pregnancy and she also said it might be carpel tunnel. She told me to try to keep my wrists straight when I'm sleeping because people's natural tendency is to curl their hands forward and that strains the tendons
    ...and that is where those braces come in handy! Its scary to wake up and not get your hand awake!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    yup, sounds like carpel tunnel to me too.  I had it with my 1st pregnancy but nothing quite like it since.  so we'll see if it happens with #3.
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• Options
    Yes, with every pregnancy! It gets extremely annoying when I'm sleeping and I wake up with a floppy arm! :/

• Options
    I started experiencing this in the last week. It's just in my hands and fingers. They don't look extremely swollen, but always tingling especially if I try to make a fist. do you think the wrist guards at night will help?
  • Options
    I had the same thing and it got really bad... to where my whole right side was numb. I started going to the chiropractor and it made a world of difference!!!

• Options
    Yes! With all my pregnancy. It's always waking me up at night.

MMC Aug 2010
    DS1 Jan 2012
    DS2 July 2013
    DS3 February 2016

• Options
    So I've officially been diagnosed with carpal tunnel.  Doctor suggested wearing a brace at night when I sleep, which helps so much!  I've noticed that I have very minor pain, followed by the numbness during the day mainly when I'm typing, texting or driving.  So I try to wear a brace when I'm doing alot of those three things.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    My foot fell asleep today while I was watching the game, out of no where, of course I didn't notice until I tried to stand up and fell over. (Don't worry, I fell into a couch, so no harm no worries. Just a funny share and PSA to be careful!)
    I'm glad the brace is helping you.

So far besides this foot I just have my arm very painfully lose feeling when I sleep on it, that happened before pregnancy too though.
  • Options
    This has been happening to my hands on and off for the last 3 weeks. I'm an esthetician, and it happens frequently during facials. My doctor mentioned Carpel Tunnel. Like previous posters mentioned my doctor wants me to wear a wrist brace as well.
  • Options
    This has been happening to me every night - either my left or right arm and sometimes both! I'll wake up and have flopping arms!! If I roll over and stretch my arms out, it makes it go away pretty quick:)