TTC after 35

Heading back into the shadows

I've been pretty absent lately and feeling guilty about that. I'm thinking that for now, it's better for me not to be as active here. I'll still lurk and check in from time to time, but please know in my absence that I'm still rooting you all on.

I'm not sure where we stand. DH had a couple of fevers earlier this summer and we've recently learned that they impacted his sperm production (we had no idea this could happen- it can cause problems for 3+ months!). He's getting it checked out again in a week or so, but had another fever in early September so I don't know what that will mean. My cycle has been weird too, and my doctor thinks that once DH is sorted out, I should do a higher dose of clomid. So, it's looking like I probably won't be pregnant by my bday in Nov, which was my goal. I'm pretty low right now.

Please forgive my lack of participation. Welcome to all of the new people and good luck to all! And thank you for all of the support you've offered over the last few months.

Re: Heading back into the shadows

• Wishing you both good health!!  Breaks can be good in my opinion.
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Thanks for the update and hang in there. I hope both you and DH are well and that the break is good and refreshing. As much as I am bummed out that our breaks weren't actually necessary, they did me some good emotionally for sure. Take care.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to see you go but it's important to take care of yourself. Feel free to reach out to us if/when you feel like it in the future. Hugs.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • @Tomerine gonna miss you, but we are right here when you need us. That's crazy about the fevers in relation to sperm production!
    I wish I had something perfect to say right now, sending love your way xoxox
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry you're feeling low.  And I understand the need to step back for a bit.

I had no idea fevers impacted sperm production, and for so long.  That's troubling, because when my DH's chronic illness gets bad, he gets fevers.

I hope we both have good luck in spite of our obstacles.  And like Thistle said, we're here when you need us.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Prayers for you and that your Dh will be fever free. I didn't know fevers could do that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm so sorry @Tomerine!  Take care.  I know only too well how not making a "deadline" you've set can impact you.  Be kind to yourself!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I'm so sorry, @Tomerine.  Wishing you and your husband better health over the coming days, weeks, and months.  I really am sorry and understand how important those goals or ideas of getting pregnant by a certain date and not reaching it.. I really am sorry and am sending you creepy virtual hugs from a newbie on this board (but totally not a newbie to infertility).
  • Take care of yourself!
  • So sorry to hear. Take good care of yourselves and know that we're here! 
    Anniversary
  • Take care @Tomerine and hope your hubby feels better soon.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Take care of yourself @Tomerine. We'll miss you around here, but like many have said - we're here if/when you need us. 
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• I wish you and your husband all the best. We are here if/when you need us. Take care of yourself. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN