February 2016 Moms

BMW Monday 9/28

Didn't see this for today.

Married.....09/08/2012
Baby F.......02/02/2016

Re: BMW Monday 9/28

• I need to poop. Tmi? I haven't since Friday, I haven't even been regularly taking zofran so idk what's up.
  • that sounds painful!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Sigh.. My grandmother.. Bless her heart but man she just can't go one conversation without mentioning my weight. I'm pretty used to it but it doesn't make it sting any less. Oh and it isn't the baby weight. She just will say stuff like 'well once you have her, it will definitely help to lose some weight to keep up with her energy.' And crap like that. I've been getting more vocal about shutting her down lately, but man it's just really getting old.
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• So tired, and I'm losing my voice with this icky cough I have. So not ideal for a music teacher.
  • One of our 5th graders pooped his pants today... 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • wisco29 said:
    I need to poop. Tmi? I haven't since Friday, I haven't even been regularly taking zofran so idk what's up.
    1/2 a bottle of magnesium citrate. Your welcome. :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • One of our 5th graders pooped his pants today... 

Oh no! I hope he's sick.
  • Sigh.. My grandmother.. Bless her heart but man she just can't go one conversation without mentioning my weight. I'm pretty used to it but it doesn't make it sting any less. Oh and it isn't the baby weight. She just will say stuff like 'well once you have her, it will definitely help to lose some weight to keep up with her energy.' And crap like that. I've been getting more vocal about shutting her down lately, but man it's just really getting old.

:( hugs. That's frustrating.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @wisco29 I feel you! I was like that last week, basically crying about it. I honestly got prune juice, and have been drinking even more water than the ridiculous amount I have already been drinking. It's been ridiculous, but I was able to go! My co-worker congratulated me because I was texting her asking what to do. Drink Juicy Juice. it'll help.
  • cantobean said:
    One of our 5th graders pooped his pants today... 
    Oh no! I hope he's sick.
    He has a really bad home life and I think it's an emotional problem, but it's still frustrating. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• cantobean said:

Oh no! I hope he's sick.

He has a really bad home life and I think it's an emotional problem, but it's still frustrating. 

That's what I was worried about. Often a symptom of abuse. :(

---------------
    hugs back, thank you. it's something i saw my mom deal with her whole life and since she passed, grandmother has turned passed the tradition on to me unfortunately. i have spoken up to her more about keeping her mouth shut but it doesn't seem to work.. at least she knows i'm not gonna just sit back and take it anymore though.

---------------
    hugs back, thank you. it's something i saw my mom deal with her whole life and since she passed, grandmother has turned passed the tradition on to me unfortunately. i have spoken up to her more about keeping her mouth shut but it doesn't seem to work.. at least she knows i'm not gonna just sit back and take it anymore though.

Sorry to hear this.  That's very frustrating and can be really painful.  I wonder if it's a generational thing.  My grandmother would make comments about my weight when she was still living, dating back to my early teen years.  It just hurts to have that be someone's main focus.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

---------------

Sorry to hear this.  That's very frustrating and can be really painful.  I wonder if it's a generational thing.  My grandmother would make comments about my weight when she was still living, dating back to my early teen years.  It just hurts to have that be someone's main focus.
    -----------------
    I definitely want to say it's a generational thing. Nowadays we're raised more to be very sensitive to weight i think, whereas back then it seems like family members could just point it out like it wasn't a big deal. I'm sorry you had to deal with it too, it's just not something we need.. and then she wonders why i call her few and far between.. sigh, grandmothers..

• Went to Motherhood Maternity today to look for a dress for a wedding, all the dresses were made of the hot poly, rayon, jersey knits and I get way overheated already. What happened to lighweight breathable materials?
  • My body feels like it's in such an awkward place. I don't fit in my old clothes. But the maternity clothes I have bought so far are too big.

My fil wants to pick out names for us and mil wants to pick out rocking chairs. I am on the verge of tears and I just want to shout is there anything left for me do to....it is my (and H's) baby after all!!!
  • cantobean said:
    cantobean said:
    Oh no! I hope he's sick.
    That's what I was worried about. Often a symptom of abuse. :(
    Thats really really sad.
    :(

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My husbands family keeps telling me that I'm not happy enough about the baby. First of all, the idea of pregnancy was a huge adjustment to me since we didn't plan this and wanted to wait. I'm not 100% "yaaaaaay baby!!!" All the time but then again the baby lives in ME and I don't think I need to constantly be shouting for joy since I'm happy and I feel her daily and its normal to me now. Every time they talk to me and I don't sound "peppy" they say the baby can hear me and that I'm going to damage her psychologically , firstly I know that's bull but it doesn't make me want to punch them any less. It even makes me cry, I don't believe them but it's so frustrating that I cry. I mean how rude can you be?

On a side note; go packers!
  • My husbands family keeps telling me that I'm not happy enough about the baby. First of all, the idea of pregnancy was a huge adjustment to me since we didn't plan this and wanted to wait. I'm not 100% "yaaaaaay baby!!!" All the time but then again the baby lives in ME and I don't think I need to constantly be shouting for joy since I'm happy and I feel her daily and its normal to me now. Every time they talk to me and I don't sound "peppy" they say the baby can hear me and that I'm going to damage her psychologically , firstly I know that's bull but it doesn't make me want to punch them any less. It even makes me cry, I don't believe them but it's so frustrating that I cry. I mean how rude can you be?

I definetly wanted and planned for this baby but pregnancy has kicked my butt and it's hard to be peppy all the time. My DH made a comment about how I hate everything about being pregnant and it really bummed me out that, that is the perception I am giving off. It made me sad to think that is how he and others are seeing me since I know I am so happy to have this beautiful baby growing inside of me. I just hate the body aches, head aches, nausea, fatigue, constipation, and all the other awesome unexpected symtoms. I so badly want to be a glowing earth mama who is handling her pregnancy with joy and grace but that sh$&t just any happening.
  • I gave my oven a good scrubbing and now my finger tips hurt! Wtf!

• hbg8711hbg8711 member
    edited September 2015
    My MIL keeps buying things for the baby since we found out the sex. She wants me to figure out what colors I want for the nursery so she can buy things we don't need for it (and don't want). We dont even have a nursery yet by the way because we are currently trying to buy a house, which she has very generously helped us be able to do by gifting us a hefty sum. However that comes with A LOT of opinions and involvement via text messages to me (I hate textversations by the way) Then I discovered my husband didn't tell her we put an offer in on a house yesterday and she went off on me about how he needs to call his grandmother because she's old and lonely and he never called to tell her about the baby and she (the grandmother) paid his way through college. Yes I've been asking him to do the same but I can't make him! and now I feel like somehow I did something wrong because she went off on me through text message. And my husband is traveling abroad currently so I can't even tell him to deal with it so I don't have to... Ugh!
  • bizzerbee said:

My husbands family keeps telling me that I'm not happy enough about the baby. First of all, the idea of pregnancy was a huge adjustment to me since we didn't plan this and wanted to wait. I'm not 100% "yaaaaaay baby!!!" All the time but then again the baby lives in ME and I don't think I need to constantly be shouting for joy since I'm happy and I feel her daily and its normal to me now. Every time they talk to me and I don't sound "peppy" they say the baby can hear me and that I'm going to damage her psychologically , firstly I know that's bull but it doesn't make me want to punch them any less. It even makes me cry, I don't believe them but it's so frustrating that I cry. I mean how rude can you be?

I definetly wanted and planned for this baby but pregnancy has kicked my butt and it's hard to be peppy all the time. My DH made a comment about how I hate everything about being pregnant and it really bummed me out that, that is the perception I am giving off. It made me sad to think that is how he and others are seeing me since I know I am so happy to have this beautiful baby growing inside of me. I just hate the body aches, head aches, nausea, fatigue, constipation, and all the other awesome unexpected symtoms. I so badly want to be a glowing earth mama who is handling her pregnancy with joy and grace but that sh$&t just any happening.
    I think pregnancy is glowing like one or two of the days, and then the rest is hell fire being cast towards you as you're chained to a wall. It's hard work! It isn't easy to be happy all the time. You don't have to smile to enjoy the fact that you're having a baby! Also, I'm glad you were able to plan and have a baby when you wanted! I know some couples struggle to conceive. While we weren't expecting our daughter this soon, I think we needed her. I'm sure as we all get older we will come to understand why she came now. Most people won't remember your bad days in pregnancy either luckily. It is nice to know I'm not the only one with a "pep deficiency" some days.

Also just to keep the theme going; the packers won! Woot!
  • I have been at this new job for three months and was told that they would be hiring another person to work in the office. On Thursday someone came in asking if we were hiring and my boss said No we aren't. My jaw hit the floor. Seriously I'm drowning at work with all the work I'm doing. I am doing 3 peoples jobs and I swear I still cry at the end of most of the days. I really really want to quit but not sure what else I can do.