January 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else paranoid about movement?

I have become increasingly paranoid about feeling movement over the last few days. I had an OB appt and u/s on Wednesday and everything is fine. But last night I hadn't really felt her all day and started freaking out.

I ordered a Doppler today. I know it's going to make me feel a lot better.
imageimage

Re: Anyone else paranoid about movement?

• Options
    Yep. My doppler helps me from worrying all the time. My BFF made fun of me for buying it but the peace of mind is definitely worth the money.
  • Options
    I am too. It's ok... Hugs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This thread had some really helpful insight on feeling less movement. In summary, it's totally normal and nothing to worry about!

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12628956/babya-not-moving-like-he-usually-does#latest
  • Options
    Petrified! Its funny how we go from ew weird at the first movements to nervous and waiting for little movements. I made the mistake this week of reading a very sad artical on the subject which intensified my need for reassurance. Word to the wise, Dont read those!! Be happy and excited for the magic taking place in your womb (baby needs sleep too)
  • Options
    I've become very paranoid over it the last couple weeks. He's more active in the early mornings and late evenings and when I don't feel him moving around I get nervous, only to feel him later. But I definitely understand, feeling him kick is reassuring.
  • Options
    I have been too. I started feeling her late to begin with, but I'm 26 weeks today, and it's still not super consistent. My DH did feel her kick for the first time last night (he doesn't have a lot of patience to rest his hand on my belly).

I still have to think every time: was that gas?
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Options
    Constantly worried. It's so sporadic and as soon as j feel her I get so excited/relieved and the. Second guess that I feel gas. I thought about getting a Doppler but I don't know if I will drive myself crazy with it.
  • Options
    Only every pregnant woman ever has experienced this, you're not alone. Try your best to not stress, we all go through days of little to no movement, but it's nothing to worry about!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. It's good to know you're not alone. After 3 days of little movement she's been kicking up a storm today.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank God I'm not the only one. I havent felt her yet this morning and I'm freaking out. It's Sunday and my OB is closed so I was really considering going to the hospital. I can't wait to feel her kicks. Yesterday and the day before were less than she was all other days this week. I can't stop thinking about it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Between 23-24 weeks I felt VERY little movement. Between 24-25 it was like a 24/7 party in there. Babies can still "hide" when they are this small.

Just to give you an example, it took my doc 3 minutes to find a steady heartbeat at my last appointment that is how much he can move around. Every time she pressed the Doppler to my belly, he'd take refuge somewhere else. I had no idea!

ETA: for got words
  • Options
    I had this issue for the past 48 hours and started freaking out a bit. I ate a piece of cake (since it's got sugar) and the laid down on the couch. I think my little guy must have flipped because as soon as I laid down I felt him kick above my belly button. Up until yesterday I always felt him kick really low almost like he was trying to stick his foot out so my best guess is that he was doing baby gymnastics and flipped upwards!
  • Options
    You ladies might find the info on this site helpful https://www.countthekicks.org.uk
    It's from a charity here in the UK that encourage getting to know your baby's movement pattern so you can alert the medical professionals if it changes.

Have a good read as it puts to bed some of those common misconceptions.

Xxx
  • Options
    Glad you ordered the doppler, it has saved me from a panic attack on MANY occasions. Plus its wonderful to fall asleep listening to :) Its always nice to know every other pregnant woman is just as crazy and paranoid!