Baby Names
Options

Delia

What are your thoughts on Delia? It is of Irish origin and my son's name is as well. It is also a name for Artemis in mythology which is a strong meaning that I like. My husband says he doesn't hate it, which is the best I'm getting from him this pregnancy :)  

Re: Delia

• Options
    I associate a bit with later-middle-aged ladies (Google Delia Smith, she's a British legend and her food is guilty-pleasure-awesome) but I definitely don't hate it. It's different and unique enough that there'll be no other kids with the name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like it. Same reminder for me with the delias store. :)
  • Options
    I think of the store too.

I think it went bankrupt though, so younger generations won't have that association.
  • Options
    I prefer it as a nn to Cordelia
  • Options
    I think Delia is nice.  My first thought is Delia Deetz from Beetlejuice, though. haha

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Are you pronouncing it deal-ia or Dell-ia? I think it's a nice, refreshing name.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Are you pronouncing it deal-ia or Dell-ia? I think it's a nice, refreshing name.
    I would pronounce it Deal-ia. I also shopped at Delia's back in the day but that doesn't seem to bother me though. It feels to me like an older that feels modern. If that makes sense.

• Options
    I like it a lot. Very pretty, and unique, but something that suits both young and older...good choice!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I saw online that they went bankrupt in 2014 or so, but I am still seeing online that they are still posting to their Facebook page (as of two hours ago)....so bankruptcy or not, they are still "around"...

I still love the name though, and would totally use it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I like Cordelia with the nn Delia :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    i like it a lot!
  • Options
    I've met two people named Delia and they both pronounce it Dell-ia so I think it could easily get mispronounced with Deal-ia. 
  • Options
    I would pronounce it deal-ia for sure. That's a great name!
  • Options
    Very nice!
  • Options
    I like it

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First thought: skimpy clothes for teenage girls. Second thought: what a beautiful and underused name! Come to think of it, I also share a name with a store. Use it! :)
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My friend has a niece named Delia. I've always loved the name.