Trouble TTC
Options

Intro ***Warning CP mentioned***

Hopietaylor91Hopietaylor91 member
edited September 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hey Everyone, I'm Hope

I've been a pretty hardcore lurker since January and figured it was probably time to come out with and intro.

DH is 29 and I am 24 we have been married for almost two years and we have three fur babies that we adore. We have been TTC for a year officially last month however this is only my ninth cycle.

My TTC Journey:
I have fairly long cycles usually between 45-48 days. In April I went in for my yearly and my OB decided to put me on Clomid for 3months. He said if it takes the average couple a year to get pregnant and I was only having one cycle to everyone else's 2 or 3 with that logic it would take 2 to 3 years to get pregnant and he thought this would make me ovulate more regularly. I filled my prescription consulted with my GP and my closest friend who is doing her residency for OB/GYN all who said go for it. I had read the things on other boards and was very put off. My husband and I felt like it was total fear Mongering and that we had no idea who these people were and that they certainly were not Doctors. We proceed with my OBs plan. On my first Clomid cycle I had positive OPKs and what I thought were ovulation cramps all around the right time. After BFN and no period around CD 35 I called my OB and they wanted me to start provera so I could move on to the second cycle. Well I figured I'm close enough to 45 days so I'll just wait and start like normal. Well I didn't at day 56 I called and made an app with an RE I went in on CD 73 for my new patient app. He confirmed that I do not have PCOS and DH SA came back great. He looked at my ovaries and said well it looks like you are about to ovulate within the next few days. Go home and BD and we will see you in two weeks if you start or get BFN. So of course I started. Went back in and they did another ultra sounds and found a large cyst on my right ovary. They put me on BC for two weeks and had me come back in to check on the cyst. The U/S showed my cyst had shrunk.The RE doubled my dosage to 100mg CD 3-7. Based on my progesterone I know I ovulated during my last Clomid cycle although I never did get a positive OPK. Also I think I had a CP this past cycle although it wasn't confirmed. If so that's would be the second CP in six months.

This past week I went in to the RE and told us we might want to look into IUI and that we will be doing the trigger shot this cycle whether I do IUI or not. Am I crazy to think that he moved forward rather quickly?

I look forward to becoming apart of this community and really appreciate anything yall have to offer!

Ps please ignore grammatical errors work was a lot today :)

Re: Intro ***Warning CP mentioned***

• Options
    Our dr went straight to recommend IUI also (I have PCOS), and metformin and letrezole and trigger shot.
    Sooo long story short, we decided to try timed intercourse with meds instead of IUI. This is our 2nd round, the trigger shot wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I just did my first last night as we missed my ovulation last cycle (opk didn't work on vacation, though we Did the deed).
    It is up to you how fast you want to start, don't forget that! I was just going with what the dr recommended, but then I felt it was fast to go straight into IUI. So TI it is. We are planning at least 4 months of meds+TI, but one can hope that we get a BFP before then... Then next year we will move on to IUI.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. We agreed to do TI this cycle and if that doesn't work then IUI next cycle. How have you been feeling? I take my shot tonight and for some reason I am really nervous! I'm most worried about side effect and how I will feel or react to the shot. I haven't gotten nervous yet though this entire process so idk why it is hitting me now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    **Lurking from TTGP**

Thank you, @Hopietaylor91, for sharing your story. My cycles sound similar to yours, and my OB has already mentioned Clomid (although I've learned from this board to go with RE for better monitoring). Wishing you the best of luck!

• Options
    @Hopietaylor91, it's all what you're comfortable with! We did 5 cycles of fomera and TI. Had first IUI early September and I wish we had done that sooner. Our second IUI will be in a few days.
    I wish you luck!